PF Mamadou Diarra (Signed LOI on 11/14) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

PF Mamadou Diarra (Signed LOI on 11/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
He's not on par with Diallo in terms of rankings. He's an up-and-comer though.

Agreed. They're both African big men with ties to the NY area, but Diallo is definitely way ahead of him at this point in time.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Whats great about this thread is the lack of diarrhea jokes.

Reaction Score
stick said:
I read that to mean that he doesn't expect to be burned at the stake.

You read his post correctly. The attempt at humor in my post just didn't translate.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Based off the vid^^^^^^

No way Mamadou is ~195/197lbs ala Facey, for his height I say he's atleast 215/220

Reaction Score
Don't know what their relationship is like but you'd have to imagine getting Diarra would help us a little with Diallo in '17

Reaction Score
A lot to like there..and yes, he does look explosive. He's finishing everything above the rim and blocking shots (yes, I know, some blocks are against kids that looked like me at 16, but still).

I think if the staff can nab him now, do it. He's only getting better and likely to blow up. I think this probably eliminates Ty Jones as they are very similar players, but Diarra looks bigger to me, with a longer wingspan than Jones.

He looks like a very solid four year player who could contribute right away.

Reaction Score
A lot to like there..and yes, he does look explosive. He's finishing everything above the rim and blocking shots (yes, I know, some blocks are against kids that looked like me at 16, but still).

I think if the staff can nab him now, do it. He's only getting better and likely to blow up. I think this probably eliminates Ty Jones as they are very similar players, but Diarra looks bigger to me, with a longer wingspan than Jones.

He looks like a very solid four year player who could contribute right away.
I wouldn't say this eliminates Jones. While I doubt Ollie would take on 7 freshman in the 2016 class, we will be losing 4 seniors, currently have 2 open scholarships, and can expect that at least one of Purvis/Danny Hams/Amida will declare for the draft. In that scenario we would certainly have a need for players, and Jones would be a good one to grab.

Reaction Score
@Brochacho - fair point. If there are enough schollies on the table, we certainly could use more frontcourt help, but the staff may emphasize other positions with Diarra/Jones' skillset overlapping some.

I do think the focus will shift to Kegler (full court press), and King, if the staff thinks there is a realistic shot, and also will remain on Gilbert. I have no inside intel on this, but don't feel great about Bruce Brown coming here for some reason (my guess is Texas).

Either way, if Diarra is ready to commit, we should sign him up right away. He'd make a nice first member of what could be a great class.

Reaction Score
Whats great about this thread is the lack of diarrhea jokes.

If we were to get Diarra and Diallo, there would definitely be a lot of Dia-rrhea jokes

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Looks athletic for 6'8.5". Hopefully he's aggressive on the glass. (if he comes to UConn)

Reaction Score
I wouldn't say this eliminates Jones. While I doubt Ollie would take on 7 freshman in the 2016 class, we will be losing 4 seniors, currently have 2 open scholarships, and can expect that at least one of Purvis/Danny Hams/Amida will declare for the draft. In that scenario we would certainly have a need for players, and Jones would be a good one to grab.
Actually 3 open now unless u r expecting Gibbs.

Reaction Score
So now 3 is on record as saying he both "expects it" and "doesn't expect it" to happen.

He's becoming a bonafide recruiting expert right before our eyes.

Double negatives are tricky, eh?

Reaction Score

Very active and athletic big man so sign me up. If he is 6'8"-6'9" he definitely is more than what KF weighs. He has to be in the 215-225 range based seeing him in those videos. I love that we are not just recruiting bean poles anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom