PF Mamadou Diarra (Signed LOI on 11/14) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

PF Mamadou Diarra (Signed LOI on 11/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So has anyone seen him play and can he play C in college? He's listed as a C but from the multiple listings he seems to be about the same size as Facey. Both him and Tyrique Jones have offers and now we have heard "dream school" tossed out there in regards to UConn, not sure what the staff wants but I wonder if you could get both or just one if they can only play one position. I thought Facey would be able to place some C coming out of HS but as we've seen that isn't the case, although his defensive shortcomings have a lot to do with that besides just size.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I doubt there will be room for Diarra and Tyrique Jones, so I wonder which one of these guys we prefer. Diarra seems to be longer which could be a big advantage.

@aceboon ESPN's scouting report says he's a "true power forward" so he may be able to play either

Reaction Score
Tyrique Jones is a player that adds depth as maybe a 4th or 5th big. He is a hard nosed Cinncinati rock fight type player that is good to have on the team for situations, but not a player that is going to anchor a top 20 team at the power forward, (which I think is his primary and possibly only position that matches his skills)(I've seen him 4 times). If the composition of the team ultimately needs a role player like that then he is a good addition. It sounds like Diarra and the Inuzu kid from Charlotte are the types of players that initiate action and make plays in the paint, ( I have seen neither). Enoch lets the action come to him and finds his place in the game flow, so as a compliment, I'll take 1-2 bigs with energy and relentlessness in their game. A report of offensive rebounding against good competition suggests that for Diarra, and the mix clip of Inuzu clearly shows relentlessness and effort as well.

Reaction Score
Tyrique Jones is a player that adds depth as maybe a 4th or 5th big. He is a hard nosed Cinncinati rock fight type player that is good to have on the team for situations, but not a player that is going to anchor a top 20 team at the power forward, (which I think is his primary and possibly only position that matches his skills)(I've seen him 4 times). If the composition of the team ultimately needs a role player like that then he is a good addition. It sounds like Diarra and the Inuzu kid from Charlotte are the types of players that initiate action and make plays in the paint, ( I have seen neither). Enoch lets the action come to him and finds his place in the game flow, so as a compliment, I'll take 1-2 bigs with energy and relentlessness in their game. A report of offensive rebounding against good competition suggests that for Diarra, and the mix clip of Inuzu clearly shows relentlessness and effort as well.

Nice analysis as usual Ricker thanks

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Wish we would snatch up these local kids.

Reaction Score
Wish we would snatch up these local kids.

Well having them for a visit is the correct direction to go in, right? I feel like maybe your post should have been "I HOPE we snatch up these local kids". "wish" makes it sound like the staff isn't trying to and you need to pray to your lord heyzeus to make it happen

Reaction Score
Would you rather have Tyrique Jones or Mamadou Diarra? Both are CT kids (Jones now at Vermont) and would bring similar play to Storrs. From everything we've heard and read they both love UConn

EDIT: did not know Putnam boarded students. Diarra native of Queens.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Diarra is not a CT kid...I hate to use highlight video to evaluate players but I lean towards Diarra.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Diarra is not a CT kid...I hate to use highlight video to evaluate players but I lean towards Diarra.
Video is a legit method of evaluation as long as a chair is not on the court.

Reaction Score
Lol. This is 247's "bio" on Diarra:

"Mamadou Diarra is a 7-0, 235-pound Center (BK) from Putnam, CT."

So he's 6'8, 215 at the top of the page, 7'0, 235 at the bottom, and 6'9, 195 on DraftExpress (likely most accurate).
We need more up-to-date scouting and info on him.
We'll take the extra large version. ;^)

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Well having them for a visit is the correct direction to go in, right? I feel like maybe your post should have been "I HOPE we snatch up these local kids". "wish" makes it sound like the staff isn't trying to and you need to pray to your lord heyzeus to make it happen

We lost him once, if we were even on him?!There's a ton of talent in CT and MA and surrounding areas.uconn should be the school of choice for these kids not Pitt! Bc? Hell no! Providence? God no!!!! I know I'd rather have a top 25 kid from California but uconn should be turning local talent down befor they go eles where not compete with nc state and vcu for it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We lost him once, if we were even on him?!There's a ton of talent in CT and MA and surrounding areas.uconn should be the school of choice for these kids not Pitt! Bc? Hell no! Providence? God no!!!! I know I'd rather have a top 25 kid from California but uconn should be turning local talent down befor they go eles where not compete with nc state and vcu for it.

I just want the most talented kids. Doesn't matter if they're from Mars.

Reaction Score
i dont follow recruiting that well but am i wrong in thinking he is on park with guys like chieck diallo? ..i heard his name a few times and am thinking he is up there in terms of rankings? ...he would be a good get in case brimah leaves after this year

Reaction Score
i dont follow recruiting that well but am i wrong in thinking he is on park with guys like chieck diallo? ..i heard his name a few times and am thinking he is up there in terms of rankings? ...he would be a good get in case brimah leaves after this year

He's not on par with Diallo in terms of rankings. He's an up-and-comer though.

Reaction Score
makes you wonder what the hell is on the vcu campus or what kind of under the table deals they are putting forth to keep being mentioned in recruits ...has vcu ever done anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom