Per Adamec, Geno headed to home visit w/Lauren Cox | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Per Adamec, Geno headed to home visit w/Lauren Cox

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Cox could be a great add for Princeton - entitled but mediocre athlete. Course, since Geno is visiting, I suspect I'm all wet. Really, my bias is based on how badly they have played the whole recruiting bit and the limited video I have seen makes her big and OK, nothing more.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
So, armed with all that non-information, you feel secure enough to jump on a public forum and knock a kid while Geno is trying to recruit her? I am just trying to understand.

Reaction Score
I am just happy to know that there is still mutual interest. Keep our fingers crossed, she will be a great addition to the Huskies!!!

JS

Reaction Score
I am just wondering why Coach goes all the way to Texas and not stop in on #2 Joyner Holmes? Who also lives in Texas. Maybe there is no mutual interest.
For whatever reason, I don't believe UConn is recruiting Holmes.

Reaction Score
I really really want Cox. She is scary good. Lauren was outstanding in the 2014 FIBA U17's, an incredibly talented big with a team-first attitude, great energy and limitless upside. If Geno gets a hold of her, she will become a very special player, and UConn will secure several more NCs as a result. I'm not terribly optimistic, but then again I didn't think Lou would come East, either.

HGN

Reaction Score
JS, I believe you must be right because I have not seen one word of print or heard anything connecting the two. Unless there is a secret romance going on this marriage may not happen. It's a shame too , because I thought they would make such a beautiful couple.

Reaction Score
JS, I believe you must be right because I have not seen one word of print or heard anything connecting the two. Unless there is a secret romance going on this marriage may not happen. It's a shame too , because I thought they would make such a beautiful couple.
I've read that Holmes is not interested in Uconn.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Cox could be a great add for Princeton - entitled but mediocre athlete. Course, since Geno is visiting, I suspect I'm all wet. Really, my bias is based on how badly they have played the whole recruiting bit and the limited video I have seen makes her big and OK, nothing more.

"entitled but mediocre athlete." What does this mean?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It is impossible for a mediocre athlete to become the consensus #1 in the class and wothy of a UCONN in home visit. This is basketball we are talking about here not golf.
You may want to go back and watch the video of the FIBA U17 championship from this summer specifically the championship game. Cox was at worst the 3 best player in that game behind only (Durr and Salvadores). Consider that she is one class behind both Durr and Salvadores. What is it about Cox that leads you to believe that she is "entitled"?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Just curious , has the #2 recruit in the class of 2016 indicated she is not interested in the Huskies? I am just wondering why Coach goes all the way to Texas and not stop in on #2 Joyner Holmes? Who also lives inTexas. Maybe there is no mutual interest.

What do you guys think?

Must be the case that UCONN is no longer interested in Holmes or Holmes is no longer interested in UCONN. The highschools (Holmes' & Cox's) are only 47 miles apart per mapquest.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
IIRC Geno or someone went to see her, but I'm guessing she was not interested? She's one that I heard really wants to stay close to home... but again that can change over time...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"entitled but mediocre athlete." What does this mean?

You may want to argue about it, but I doubt you do not understand it. As I said in the post I am probably all wet and influenced by my perception that she and her family have been somewhat difficult in the recruiting process. She has found time to visit plenty of schools but not UConn to date, so I question the seriousness of her interest in this recruitment.

JS

Reaction Score
I am probably all wet

Well, now that you mention it . . .

Bald%20Eagle_01_4223.jpg

Reaction Score
Would love to see Cox in a UConn uniform! I can't imagine a wbb player that wouldn't want to play for Geno. Yes, he's a demanding coach, but he really cares about his players and gets the best out of them. UConn has great fans, all the games are televised, and you have the most competitive practices in the country. It's the only school where the coach could say "our goal is to win the national championship" every year and have recruits believe it. That approach doesn't work with other schools as well.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
You may want to argue about it, but I doubt you do not understand it. As I said in the post I am probably all wet and influenced by my perception that she and her family have been somewhat difficult in the recruiting process. She has found time to visit plenty of schools but not UConn to date, so I question the seriousness of her interest in this recruitment.

I see no need to a"argue" with you. I think your words speak for themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I see no need to a"argue" with you. I think your words .speak for themselves.

So why did you ask what do you mean? Your question was not a question but an invitation to an argument. One I chose not to engage in. You're the winner!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
All Geno needs to do is show game clips of every team in the Top 20 outside Univ. of SC and ND to recruits.....That should convince them to come to UCONN........Plus. playing in front of empty seats.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Rocky,
Your comment “she and her family have been somewhat difficult in the recruiting process” is simply not true. Her father Dennis was quoted here sometime around the time of UCONN vs Notre Dame saying: “I have a calendar and I have UConn’s schedule,” “We’re looking. But Lauren has games on Tuesdays and Fridays so we have to find an open date that they’re at home.”
Unless your definition of being a difficult parents is refusing drop everything the Kid (HS Junior) & her siblings have going on in their lives (2 sport All-state performer) and running right up to Storrs. Geno is visiting her in her home. Difficult or disinterested parents would not have accepted the invite to the home.

Reaction Score
Would love to see Cox in a UConn uniform! I can't imagine a wbb player that wouldn't want to play for Geno. Yes, he's a demanding coach, but he really cares about his players and gets the best out of them. UConn has great fans, all the games are televised, and you have the most competitive practices in the country. It's the only school where the coach could say "our goal is to win the national championship" every year and have recruits believe it. That approach doesn't work with other schools as well.

Welcome aboard. Is that the Gilad Katz that played for UConn in the early 1990's ? Or are you at the Deli on Houston St ? If the latter, I'll have a pastrami on rye with mustard on the side please. Quite possibly the best sandwich ever made.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
All Geno needs to do is show game clips of every team in the Top 20 outside Univ. of SC and ND to recruits.....That should convince them to come to UCONN...Plus. playing in front of empty seats.

I think Cox has an interest in being a two sport athlete in college - volleyball - and wants to play it at a high level. If she sticks with that, I suspect that would rule out UConn and maybe give an edge to Texas??

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I think Cox has an interest in being a two sport athlete in college - volleyball - and wants to play it at a high level. If she sticks with that, I suspect that would rule out UConn and maybe give an edge to Texas??

Cox decided to drop volleyball and focus on basketball exclusively.

Reaction Score

Everything you say about why a kid would want to go to Geno and UConn is absolutely true. But it takes an incredibly brave, self-confident and motivated kid to travel across the country for a chance at greatness and National Championships. Diana Taurasi, Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, and Moriah Jefferson seized that moment and the results have been truly spectacular. Katie Lou Samuelson has made the same bold and difficult decision, to leave the familiarity of friends and family for the chance to achieve greatness on WCBB's biggest stage, and I thank her. But I will not criticize Lauren Cox if she chooses the safer, more comfortable path and stays home, though it would be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom