Per Adamec, Geno headed to home visit w/Lauren Cox | The Boneyard

Per Adamec, Geno headed to home visit w/Lauren Cox

Status
Not open for further replies.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
carl adamec @CarlAdamec
UConn coach Geno Auriemma headed to Texas today to do a home visit with top-ranked junior Lauren Cox (@lauren_cox15). Her list is at 9.

LINK

Reaction Score
Then I see he's following that visit with a visit to Illinois to visit Tori McCoy, who's missed this season with a torn ACL.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Well, this should end the conversation (if there is one) as to whether or not Ms. Cox is "UConn material" and whether or not Geno has a shot. Yes and yes.

Reaction Score
I would love to be a fly on the wall in the homes of these kids and hear Geno's sales pitch to them. I wonder if he has a glass of wine with the parents to seal the deal?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Then I see he's following that visit with a visit to Illinois to visit Tori McCoy, who's missed this season with a torn ACL.
Farney, Where is the information about a McCoy home visit posted/ listed?

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score

If ND doesn't land McCoy, I'll be surprised. And maybe Illinois is in the mix, though I can't appreciate why.

One thing about Tori that hasn't been dicussed much is the overall weak competition her school routinely faces. That's not her fault, for sure. And it doesn't mean very good players can't come from very small schools. But as programs go here in Illinois, her school plays in one of the smaller school classifications, and many of those schools are struggling just to have a sports program at all, let alone win. Still, I'd be happy to see her in Husky Blue.

I don't know her at all, but my friends who do say she's a very nice kid, from a good family.

Honestly, if she ends up at ND, at least she will get some good coaching and a chance to play for the NCAA runner-up trophy. Why she would pick Illinois though, is a puzzler. Every year they are underachievers who play in front of crowds so small, they should be called groups. WBB just is not a priority in this town, and there are precious few signs that it ever will be.

I could be wrong.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Glad to see. UCONN needs some bigs. If neither of these work out, I hope he looks at Cooks and Kushkituah from 2017. Cooks is from Wisconsin and Kushkituah is from Georgia...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If ND doesn't land McCoy, I'll be surprised. And maybe Illinois is in the mix, though I can't appreciate why.

One thing about Tori that hasn't been dicussed much is the overall weak competition her school routinely faces. That's not her fault, for sure. And it doesn't mean very good players can't come from very small schools. But as programs go here in Illinois, her school plays in one of the smaller school classifications, and many of those schools are struggling just to have a sports program at all, let alone win. Still, I'd be happy to see her in Husky Blue.

I don't know her at all, but my friends who do say she's a very nice kid, from a good family.

Honestly, if she ends up at ND, at least she will get some good coaching and a chance to play for the NCAA runner-up trophy. Why she would pick Illinois though, is a puzzler. Every year they are underachievers who play in front of crowds so small, they should be called groups. WBB just is not a priority in this town, and there are precious few signs that it ever will be.

I could be wrong.
All it takes is the right coach to turn a program around. i remember way back, when the only fans at UConn WCBB games in the leaky Field House were parents and friends of the players, and students who were taking a class from the new coach, and had to turn in a paper critiquing a game to get a grade!
Oh, and Geno, please bring us back a nice 6'4" present from your trip! Thanks!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Glad to see. UCONN needs some bigs. If neither of these work out, I hope he looks at Cooks and Kushkituah from 2014. Cooks is from Wisconsin and Kushkituah is from Georgia...
2017?

From the names I've seen UCONN is looking at or has looked at (no idea how much interest), Kushkituah, Jade Williams, Danielle Patterson as players with some height out of 2017.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
All it takes is the right coach to turn a program around. i remember way back, when the only fans at UConn WCBB games in the leaky Field House were parents and friends of the players...

Agreed. Fair enough. Still, there's not much happening here yet that would suggest that Matt Bollant is the next Geno.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Good Luck Coach....Bring us something good back.
Geez Coach goes all the way to Texas and all he brings us back is another McD's AA. :cool:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Does he really have to go there to tell her if she comes to UConn she'll get only the playing time she earns? :oops: I know, I know...when Geno get's in the living room and old blue eyes gets to work :rolleyes: If she comes fine, but you will knock me over with a feather when it happens.

Reaction Score
This is good news but if she comes on a visit will even bigger news because whatever Geno said to her she listened and giving it a thought to be a Husky.

Deep down inside I believe she's going to #bleedblue
Before I had doubts she will commit but come on she see the domination of UConn beating teams ranked in the top 25 by 25+.

McCoy wouldn't be a bad fit either so if Cox sign with ND I feel McCoy comes to Uconn

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Does he really have to go there to tell her if she comes to UConn she'll get only the playing time she earns? ...If she comes fine, but you will knock me over with a feather when it happens.

Trying to be positive, but also aware that UConn doesn't get every player they want. I read her twitter, but didn't learn anything new.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Trying to be positive, but also aware that UConn doesn't get every player they want. I read her twitter, but didn't anything new.

Well, I just like to have fun with the chase. When the chase is over, the table turns, as she will find out when she commits. I see her as being of the same school as a 6' 5" SC freshmen, so I'd just as soon have her go somewhere else.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
OK then. But my hope is that Geno gets the answer HE wants. What I want means nothing, except to me.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
OK then. But my hope is that Geno gets the answer HE wants. What I want means nothing, except to me.
Just me, maybe, but I think Geno comes home with bupkis. It'll be bupkis 2 months from now too.

HGN

Reaction Score
Just curious , has the #2 recruit in the class of 2016 indicated she is not interested in the Huskies? I am just wondering why Coach goes all the way to Texas and not stop in on #2 Joyner Holmes? Who also lives inTexas. Maybe there is no mutual interest.

What do you guys think?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Just curious , has the #2 recruit in the class of 2016 indicated she is not interested in the Huskies? I am just wondering why Coach goes all the way to Texas and not stop in on #2 Joyner Holmes? Who also lives inTexas. Maybe there is no mutual interest.

Geno watched Holmes play in December but there has been almost no word on her school list.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Don't rule out Cox to OU or SMU.

SMU has been taken off her list of schools.

For those who didn't read Adamec's piece, these are the schools Cox is still considering:

UConn, Baylor, Oklahoma, Texas, South Carolina, Notre Dame, Louisville, A&M, and Tennessee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom