PAC-12 Chaos | Page 23 | The Boneyard

PAC-12 Chaos

Reaction Score
1. It’s a step backwards from the current Big East and 2. None of the schools that have football are going to have any interest in anything like this.
1. It's better for football
2. You get to play Cal, Stanford and Gonzaga
3. About the football schools, Cal and Stanford aren't going to have interest in Boise St and San Diego St? Who else are they going to play?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
3. About the football schools, Cal and Stanford aren't going to have interest in Boise St and San Diego St? Who else are they going to play?
Nobody is ever again going to replicate the mistake the Big East made combining football schools with non football schools. It’s not happening.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Why are we bending over backwards to make things a little better for football when basketball is already in a great situation?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Basketball was in a great situation. Look around dude, the Big East ain't gonna make it long run.

People have been saying that for the last decade plus and yet the Big East was the 2nd best conference in the country last year and continues to pull in high-profile coaches and recruits through the portal. Cam Spencer left a B1G team saying he wanted a bag and he ended up at UConn. Saying basketball isn't still in a great spot is absurd.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
People have been saying that for the last decade plus and yet the Big East was the 2nd best conference in the country last year and continues to pull in high-profile coaches and recruits through the portal. Cam Spencer left a B1G team saying he wanted a bag and he ended up at UConn. Saying basketball isn't still in a great spot is absurd.

+100

This board is a misery right now.

Reaction Score
Why are we bending over backwards to make things a little better for football when basketball is already in a great situation?
?? The Big East stays together and we play all BE teams 2x

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Whether UConn got played by the Big 12 is debatable. Whether Apple got played by the Pac 12 is not. That is a company I definitely do not want to be on the bad side of. I am not sure how Apple will settle the score, but they will find a way.

Reaction Score
The media deal does not even cover Hurley's salary.

Reaction Score
Whether UConn got played by the Big 12 is debatable. Whether Apple got played by the Pac 12 is not. That is a company I definitely do not want to be on the bad side of. I am not sure how Apple will settle the score, but they will find a way.
You were right when you said the demise of the PAC 12 would be terrible for UConn.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
The big question is:

By my math the MWC pays out $4m and AAC $7m. The old valued PAC turned down around $20m. ESPN is now a little boxed out of the west coast. Would they offer more than the AAC (10-15) for this combination? Doesn’t have to be this precise 10:
Oregon State
Washington State
Cal
Stanford
+SMU
+SDSU
+Fresno State
+Tulane
+Rice
+UNLV

Is that worth it to TV guys to make work?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The big question is:

By my math the MWC pays out $4m and AAC $7m. The old valued PAC turned down around $20m. ESPN is now a little boxed out of the west coast. Would they offer more than the AAC (10-15) for this combination? Doesn’t have to be this precise 10:
Oregon State
Washington State
Cal
Stanford
+SMU
+SDSU
+Fresno State
+Tulane
+Rice
+UNLV

Is that worth it to TV guys to make work?

Sub out Rice for UConn fb only!

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
Sub out Rice for UConn fb only!
I only got to ten, and picked random names out of a hat. You could add SJSU and then Gonzaga/UConn FB only combo in there to get to 12, or really whatever other combination you like. I’m just wondering if the dollars are there to make it worth building a new league

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I only got to ten, and picked random names out of a hat. You could add SJSU and then Gonzaga/UConn FB only combo in there to get to 12, or really whatever other combination you like. I’m just wondering if the dollars are there to make it worth building a new league

If the Mountain West can get $5M/team, you'd have to think that the Pac leftovers + the best teams from the MW could get at least $10M?

I mean it's less than ideal for those Pac teams but unless they drop all athletics their teams need to play somewhere right?

Reaction Score
You were right when you said the demise of the PAC 12 would be terrible for UConn.
Except i dont think anyone here was rooting for that.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
The end game is the NCAA goes away, the football schools are going to want the money from the basketball tournament also.
The NCAA won't be associated with Division 1 sports in a few years.

Reaction Score
What a bunch of sneaky back-stabbing funks. Really want to be associated with that?
When you are on the Titanic and a lifeboat
is available you jump in. Not a great way to be, but that's what happens in life.
Today's world, that's how it is.
I volunteer on Meals on Wheels, and we never have enough people.
I'm 77 been doing it for over 20 years, my fun day.

Reaction Score
What a bunch of sneaky back-stabbing funks. Really want to be associated with that?
Lmao. That meme with the guy with the noose around his neck asking the other guys "first time?", is appropriate here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom