OT: Wow Source say Miles might be out at LSU | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Wow Source say Miles might be out at LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I might need to change my thought process on Kelly after they quit yesterday.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm a Nebraska fan and I can attest to where LSU fans are at. It's actually very similar to Bob Stoops at OU before the Sugar Bowl W vs Alabama. Lots of people saw him win a National Championship early and then OU seemed "stuck" under Big Game Bob despite being pretty dang good year in and year out. Les can coach for sure, I'll be curious where he ends up. I'll say S Carolina or another southern school. Even though he's a Michigan Man I have a hard time seeing him at Maryland/Illinois/Rutgers/Purdue or any of those terrible jobs
If it does happen I would not be surprised how Miles ends up in Colorado.

Reaction Score
Crazy thing is Maryland and Under Armor may have enough cash to entice a big timer like Miles. Should be interesting.
Not what you'd expect. Most if not all of the 'big names' Maryland has gone after have already turned them down.

Reaction Score
After the Eagles yesterday Chip will be available real soon. And if he's smart he'd look right now at going back to the college game.

Reaction Score
LSU is crazy.

This will cost them $15,000,000 and the guy they hire won't be as good as Les Miles.

Their booster club wants to pay him and start with a new coach before the program "loses any more momentum".

Please note their top-rated recruiting class and then you can shake your head.

If they do fire him, he'll have a job somewhere in about 12 seconds, but I suspect he'd take a year off and see what kind of life a $15,000,000 check can enable. (My condolences to the Syracuse fans who will immediately believe they have a realistic shot at him.)

You could have saved yourself a lot of typing and quit after LSU is crazy.

Reaction Score
USCw supposedly does not want Chip's personality. I see him going to Texas and Strong going to Miami.

Well they kept Pat Haden around so the leadership there is dealing with less than a full deck.

Reaction Score
I think that would be a homerun. They love that style of football at the Texas HS level. He'd be in there recruiting the best kids in Texas to play in that system. I really think he'd have them back in National Title hunt in no time flat. Miami could also be a soft landing spot for Charlie Strong who has strong ties to south Florida no pun intended. Strong can coach, I just don't think he is a good fit at Texas and I'm wondering if hiring him was somehow related to how well Sumlin has done down at Texas A&M, as he has absolutely tore it up recruiting wise.

Chip Kelly at UT would be beyond a homerun hire. He would absolutely nuke the joke defenses that are paraded out on the field every week in The Big 12. UT might be the one program with the cash and cache to get his attention.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Its official - Les Miles will coach his last game at LSU against Texas A & M on Saturday. I hope their Gridiron Club (boosters) is happy.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
LSU fans are insane. Unless they plan on luring Bill Belichick out of New England or Urban Meyer from Ohio St, there aren't many coaches who can beat Nick Saban. Paying him $15M to bring in a replacement who will also lose to Saban (and probably with more losses on the season) seems incredibly silly. Like they say, I'm happy it's not my money.

Reaction Score
IDK word on the street says Barack Obama is set to take over at LSU.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
LSU fans are insane. Unless they plan on luring Bill Belichick out of New England or Urban Meyer from Ohio St, there aren't many coaches who can beat Nick Saban. Paying him $15M to bring in a replacement who will also lose to Saban (and probably with more losses on the season) seems incredibly silly. Like they say, I'm happy it's not my money.

Y'all don't watch closely. The program has been declining g and is on par with Ole Miss and Texas A&M now. Still play undisciplined, and they haven't changed the offense in years.

It is time to part ways, and that comes from a big fan of the man Les Miles is. It is not just Saban. Arkansas kicked LSU's butt 2 years in a row. Lost 4 out of 5 bowl games. 13-10 in the SEC over 4 years, putting them at a lofty 6th in the SEC.

Miles is a good coach, not a great one. He will get another job, and will likely win. The way this has been handled by LSU is shameful, and on that note I can agree with the National perception.

He is not resigning with a $11 million buyout. The national media has lampooned Les for years, and now they all think he is the greatest thing to ever happen to LSU. I HATE the media in this country with the way they try to impact stories and steer the narrative.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Y'all don't watch closely. The program has been declining g and is on par with Ole Miss and Texas A&M now. Still play undisciplined, and they haven't changed the offense in years.

It is time to part ways, and that comes from a big fan of the man Les Miles is. It is not just Saban. Arkansas kicked LSU's butt 2 years in a row. Lost 4 out of 5 bowl games. 13-10 in the SEC over 4 years, putting them at a lofty 6th in the SEC.

Miles is a good coach, not a great one. He will get another job, and will likely win. The way this has been handled by LSU is shameful, and on that note I can agree with the National perception.

He is not resigning with a $11 million buyout. The national media has lampooned Les for years, and now they all think he is the greatest thing to ever happen to LSU. I HATE the media in this country with the way they try to impact stories and steer the narrative.

They were ranked #2 in the country 3 weeks ago. Then they lost to Saban and the wheels fell off. No coach and team in the country other than Belichick and the Patriots were going to go on the road against a 1-loss Alabama and win.

As for losing to Arkansas, who did LSU play the week before Arkansas? That's right - Alabama. LSU fans want to can a guy who can't beat Saban. But they are in for a rude awakening when they find out that not many coaches can beat Saban. Maybe they can lure Belichick out of the pros or maybe put together an all-star staff of Chip Kelly at OC, Pat Narduzzi at DC and Urban Meyer HC. Who knows - it's not my money.

Geez, I sure hope that we get to the point in our program that includes a declining year that we are ranked #2 in the country.

Reaction Score
Ross Dellenger ‏@DellengerAdv 9m 9 minutes ago
#LSU AD Joe Alleva out here speaking

Ross Dellenger ‏@DellengerAdv 9m 9 minutes ago
Alleva: "There's been quite a bit of speculation about the future of our football coach."

DellengerAdv 11:29pm via TweetDeck
Alleva: "I want to make it very clear that Les Miles is our football coach and he'll continue to be our football coach."#LSU

Ross Dellenger ‏@DellengerAdv 9m9 minutes ago
Alleva: "Les and I have talked about this program. We are committed together to working to win to compete at highest level." #LSU

Ross DellengerVerified account‏@DellengerAdv
Les Miles said he found out after the game that he'd continue to be #LSU's head coach.

You know it won't happen but ya gotta be rooting for the MadHatter to tell the AD to off after letting him swing like a pinata in a breeze for a few weeks.

Reaction Score
They let public pressure get to them on this one I think. If you want to part ways with him, then be decisive about it. It will be interesting to see what might happen if say Miles coaches for a few more years and decides to hang it up and if Saban does the same. I would think you don't want to be competing with Alabama for a coach, even though the scenario I just laid out might be a bit of a stretch.

Reaction Score
They look happy don't they?

CU8-0CzUYAA0APS.jpg:large

Reaction Score
schadjoeNov 29, 12:21am via Tweetbot for iΟS
Decision to retain Les Miles was made in meeting of LSU decision makers during 3rd quarter of tonight’s game, per source

schadjoeNov 29, 12:23am via Tweetbot for iΟS
LSU decision makers felt media had swayed public and if Les Miles was fired school would have apoeared mean-spirited, per source

schadjoeNov 29, 12:24am via Tweetbot for iΟS
LSU felt thought buyout would have been through private donations, sum would have made it tough to ask state for future funds, per source

Last edited:

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Joe Schad is an idiot. This decision wasn't made because they didn't want the media to perceive them as mean.

They couldn't get Jimbo done. Period.

I do love Les, and hope he retires on his own accord, but the media had as much to do with all this as anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom