OT: Wow Source say Miles might be out at LSU | The Boneyard

OT: Wow Source say Miles might be out at LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
There's a sense of it's time to move on.

Eleven years is a long time for most coaches.

Reaction Score
Yeah good point man i forgot he was there that long.

But who do they really expect to hire that would be an improvement.

Bring Saban Back!

Now that would be crazy.

Reaction Score
They're nuts for canning him. I actually think Shady Art Briles would be a good fit.

Reaction Score
They'll break the bank for Dabo.

Dabo and Jimbo would be INSANE to leave their current jobs for LSU. Completely insane. I think they're gonna end up with either Briles or Patterson.

Reaction Score
It's an ego thing. Any ACC coach will jump at an SEC job to show they can hang with the big boys.

If he's smart he stays in Tally. If he's stupid and let's his ego get in the way, he'll take the money and stroke his ego.

Reaction Score
Miles gets canned today & he'll have a new job by midnight tomorrow. He's immediately be the frontrunner at USC.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
LSU is crazy.

This will cost them $15,000,000 and the guy they hire won't be as good as Les Miles.

Their booster club wants to pay him and start with a new coach before the program "loses any more momentum".

Please note their top-rated recruiting class and then you can shake your head.

If they do fire him, he'll have a job somewhere in about 12 seconds, but I suspect he'd take a year off and see what kind of life a $15,000,000 check can enable. (My condolences to the Syracuse fans who will immediately believe they have a realistic shot at him.)

Reaction Score
Honestly, wanting to be rid of Les Miles just shows how incredibly stupid, self-entitled and impatient our society has become. The odds of them ending up with a coach that increases the odds of them winning the SEC Championship or National Championship in the short term is incredibly low. Unless they are going after Saban or Meyer.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Honestly, wanting to be rid of Les Miles just shows how incredibly stupid, self-entitled and impatient our society has become. The odds of them ending up with a coach that increases the odds of them winning the SEC Championship or National Championship in the short term is incredibly low. Unless they are going after Saban or Meyer.

Its a unique breed down there...the N word was used multiple times while describing the LSU QB while we were eating dinner, in public.

As a whole they hate Les Miles (I don't get it but so be it)...

Reaction Score
Why because he hasn't won a national championship since 07

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Normally taking a year off would be the norm. Re-charge and assess that landscape. This year does have a bunch of high quality jobs. Best reason to take a year off is to wait and see about Strong at Texas.

I could see him at South Carolina or VT. I don't think any one touches Mizzou or Miami. No way he goes up north to Maryland or SU. Overall he seems like a big fan of State U with big boosters to make stuff happen.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Maybe Chip Kelly could get the LSU job
I don't think Chip is going anywhere...He got full control last year I believe so I don't think he leaves and I don't think they blow him out - I am wrong a lot though.

Reaction Score
Wow I can't believe LSU would actually do it, I mean what coach could they possibly bring in that'll do a better job?

Reaction Score
I'm less surprised about this - it's been brewing for awhile. Look carefully at LSU - they are running the same O they were running a decade ago and the D has slipped since Chavous left. Local kids are starting to move away from LSU as a destination, particularly O skilled players (WR, QB). It'll be interesting to see where they turn, but in addition to names above you could see a Dan Mullen emerge or, if you like longshots, Tom Herman. However, at a 15mm starting price, folks down there either think they've got a really big fish on their line or they ate a bad piece of fish.

Reaction Score
LSU is crazy.

This will cost them $15,000,000 and the guy they hire won't be as good as Les Miles.

Their booster club wants to pay him and start with a new coach before the program "loses any more momentum".

Please note their top-rated recruiting class and then you can shake your head.

If they do fire him, he'll have a job somewhere in about 12 seconds, but I suspect he'd take a year off and see what kind of life a $15,000,000 check can enable. (My condolences to the Syracuse fans who will immediately believe they have a realistic shot at him.)

I'd just like to know how solid that recruiting class is if he's shown the door. How much attrition will there be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom