OT : Turkey Sucks and you know it........ | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT : Turkey Sucks and you know it........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes- that sounds amazing.

My special ingredients (besides some usual suspects) for adding that kapow! are anchovies, fish sauce, and kyuupi japanese mayonnaise (along with some cream, sour cream, butter, and gruyere, I add kyuupi to the mashed potatoes).

Although after the fish sauce spilled in the fridge, it's tentatively been banned from our house.
That sounds delicious!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
1999.2004.2011 said:
The past three years, my family has prepared two turkeys every Thanksgiving, one the conventional way and the other is a deep fried Cajun turkey. While I need gravy/sides to go with the conventional bird, I could eat the fried turkey by itself. I'm sort of on the fence here because I agree that turkey is a sub-optimal meat, but I'm still a fan of it on Thanksgiving.
I could be talked into Cajun fried..... Maybe :)

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Also Im just saying I know we all felt sick Thursday and Friday due to our hoops failures. If it hasn't dissipated, look into the superbug deal.

Reaction Score
Nobody can really like Turkey, you are lying to yourselves over some kind of family/nostalgia thing.

Uh, no. Greatest meal known to mankind. I could literally eat turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy for EVERY.SINGLE.MEAL.FOR.ALL.TIME

Went to my inlaws on Thanksgiving day, so no leftovers. So we made our own thanksgiving dinner on Sunday, to the nines. Still eating leftovers and I'll be damn sad when they're gone.

Just bought a turkey fryer this year. Best bird ever. 16 pounds, done in 50 minutes. AWESOME

Reaction Score
And FYI, people don't have turkey every week because they're huge and as someone else pointed out, intended to serve 12.

What people DO is make roast chicken. The smaller relative of the turkey. And we do that quite often. Much moreso now that we have a big enough fryer.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
We were 3 (1/2) of 29 people at my grandparents. They have a tiny house so there was a tent and heaters set up in the driveway. It was like tailgating!!! We had awesome sides and the dark meat with skin tasted the best I've had in quite some time. Only had a few small pieces though. Put some gravy on the potatoes and twice broiled dressing, but for the turkey, I went back to the pan and got some of the natural juice. It doubled as dressing for the antipasto.

Took care not to eat too much so I didn't fall asleep (Tryptophan is a myth.). Took a walk with my cousins and uncle and smoked a nice cigar along the way. I did drink too much wine. but what the hay? It was Thanksgiving!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom