OT: Things to do in Nashville? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Things to do in Nashville?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
I never new the rivalry existed.
But then again some in Ct blame the lack of Support from The New Haven area(possibly the hockey epicenter of Ct) for the demise of the Hartford Whalers
Just because their name had Hartford in it.

A lot of the anger comes from the fact they're the capital and get to control the purse strings in the state...

Nashville gets a new 50 million dollar crime forensics lab, while Memphis, with our crime, doesn't even have a crime lab.

Nashville gets a new 625 million dollar Convention Center...we get jack squat

Nashville gets to consolidate their city/county government...Memphis isn't allowed to.

I mean, we pay taxes...and Nashville spends it on themselves.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
You'll need breakfast and I enjoyed the Pancake Pantry. You'll also need beer and I'm a sucker for the Flying Saucer in whatever city I can find them in.

Reaction Score
If you want a good breakfast, go to Noshville. NY Deli in Nashville. Got all typical deli (i.e. Reins in Vernon) + southern comfort food

Reaction Score
There are more incredible musicians per square inch in Nashville than any place on gods green earth. You can walk into any dive bar on a Tuesday night and see the best in the world for next to nothing.

This...

Reaction Score
I have traveled to both cities often for business for the last decade so I'll chime in; Nashville is just a nicer placer to go for me. I'm a huge BBQ fan and absolutely despise country music (but really like the blues) yet still prefer Nashville. A big part of it is that Nashville just seems a lot cleaner and safer.

UofMemph, how can you try and defend Memphis without mentioning Gus's!? That is some major ammunition right there. Best fried chicken in the world.

I should say also that I'm not a huge fan of New Orleans. Don't get me wrong, its tons of fun but its so seedy and dirty. The whole place smells like piss. Also not super safe; I've had a close call and know a couple people that were beaten and robbed. Maybe that's the 40-year-old part of me talking but if I'm looking for that kind of environment I'll go to Vegas.

Reaction Score
Just to help with UofMemphis' argument, I harken back to the classic Little Feat tune Dixie Chicken (about a female singer), which begins "I've seen the bright lights of Memphis"

Nashville and Memphis have the same number of syllables and Memphis isn't used to rhyme with anything in that verse, so clearly Lowell George thought Memphis was the better Tennessee location to have his fictional singer be beneath a street lamp. And If Lowell George takes Memphis, then so do I (although I will eventually have to confront the counter argument that George died in 1979, as well as the one that the Dixie Chicken belle did run away a year prior - potentially even to Nashville).

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Just to help with UofMemphis' argument, I harken back to the classic Little Feat tune Dixie Chicken (about a female singer), which begins "I've seen the bright lights of Memphis"

Nashville and Memphis have the same number of syllables and Memphis isn't used to rhyme with anything in that verse, so clearly Lowell George thought Memphis was the better Tennessee location to have his fictional singer be beneath a street lamp. And If Lowell George takes Memphis, then so do I (although I will eventually have to confront the counter argument that George died in 1979, as well as the one that the Dixie Chicken belle did run away a year prior - potentially even to Nashville).

Well, someone DID cast a vote for memphis fried chicken in this thread so....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom