OT ~ Rutgers investigating football coach Kyle Flood for possible rules violation (NJ.Com) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT ~ Rutgers investigating football coach Kyle Flood for possible rules violation (NJ.Com)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Convince him to come back? I half think Schiano hacked into Flood's email and sent the incriminating request.

I enjoyed these few lines (leak):

>>A person close to Schiano made this perfectly clear on Thursday: He isn't even considering a return to Rutgers while his former assistant coach is still fighting for his job, but if Flood is ousted, he is certainly not coming back to Piscataway to work for Julie Hermann.

That would solve two problems with one move, replacing an ineffective and unpopular athletic director with someone who can provide real leadership for this department.<<

Reaction Score
I enjoyed these few lines (leak):

>>A person close to Schiano made this perfectly clear on Thursday: He isn't even considering a return to Rutgers while his former assistant coach is still fighting for his job, but if Flood is ousted, he is certainly not coming back to Piscataway to work for Julie Hermann.

That would solve two problems with one move, replacing an ineffective and unpopular athletic director with someone who can provide real leadership for this department.<<
Hermann isn't going anywhere right now...Barchi will back her up..and this all can be pinned on Flood. RU will be in a really bad jam if the fire Flood...because outside of a retread type like Pasqualoni no coach worth his weight will even want to be associated with those 2 (Barchi & Hermann). Who knows with Hermann's connections to Louisville and Jurich...maybe Garrick McGee will end up in the northeast after all if RU decides to fire Flood. I will say this though...Flood seems to be popular with the NJ HS coaches and can get his foot in the door to talk to Jersey kids. Not all that long ago that wasn't the case...until it was changed by Shady. When he bolted to the NFL and pissed them off, it was Flood who earned their trust and respect. It will be open market in NJ if Flood is fired and it will take a VERY long olive branch to mend this divide for the next RU head coach. I'm VERY glad I'm not a RU fan right now, because for as much joy as the B1G has brought, reality is a living nightmare of 2 incompetent morons being in charge!

Reaction Score
Hermann isn't going anywhere right now...Barchi will back her up..and this all can be pinned on Flood. RU will be in a really bad jam if the fire Flood...because outside of a retread type like Pasqualoni no coach worth his weight will even want to be associated with those 2 (Barchi & Hermann). Who knows with Hermann's connections to Louisville and Jurich...maybe Garrick McGee will end up in the northeast after all if RU decides to fire Flood. I will say this though...Flood seems to be popular with the NJ HS coaches and can get his foot in the door to talk to Jersey kids. Not all that long ago that wasn't the case...until it was changed by Shady. When he bolted to the NFL and pissed them off, it was Flood who earned their trust and respect. It will be open market in NJ if Flood is fired and it will take a VERY long olive branch to mend this divide for the next RU head coach. I'm VERY glad I'm not a RU fan right now, because for as much joy as the B1G has brought, reality is a living nightmare of 2 incompetent morons being in charge!

You are forgetting its actually 3 incompetent leaders right now - #3 being the guy who hired, Barchi, Governor Christie.

Reaction Score
You are forgetting its actually 3 incompetent leaders right now - #3 being the guy who hired, Barchi, Governor Christie.

Christie says suspending accused Rutgers players was 'the appropriate thing'
http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ss...pp.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

>>The governor said his office has been receiving updates from Rutgers' president, Robert Barchi, and will continue to monitor the investigation.

"I only know what I read and I've obviously spoken to the chairman of the Board of Governors and also spoke to my own chief counsel," Christie said. "My staff is in continuous conversation with Dr. Barchi's office and if there's more we have to say we'll say more later today, but we're just getting information as it's coming in."<<

Reaction Score
This is some train wreck going on...

Reaction Score
Looks like the kids will be the ones to die for dear old Rutgers.

Meanwhile, RU is tied in the second quarter in their annual battle with Norfolk St.

Reaction Score
Looks like the kids will be the ones to die for dear old Rutgers.

Meanwhile, RU is tied in the second quarter in their annual battle with Norfolk St.

Do they have any cornerbacks left?

Reaction Score
Christie says suspending accused Rutgers players was 'the appropriate thing'
http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ss...pp.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

>>The governor said his office has been receiving updates from Rutgers' president, Robert Barchi, and will continue to monitor the investigation.

"I only know what I read and I've obviously spoken to the chairman of the Board of Governors and also spoke to my own chief counsel," Christie said. "My staff is in continuous conversation with Dr. Barchi's office and if there's more we have to say we'll say more later today, but we're just getting information as it's coming in."<<

Translation from Gov Christie - Rutgers, that where, oh, New Jersey? Shot, I forgot that I am still the Governor there. Just going to ignore this until it goes away. Now, if this happened in New Hampshire or Iowa, I would fire the university president, AD, and hang those kids to show how tough I am to protect my non-existent Presidential aspirations.

Reaction Score
Do they have any cornerbacks left?
yeah they are all freshmen...I decided to watch the game while flipping around today...RU got stopped on 4th & 1 (run)..and just converted one (pass). Still 7-7

Reaction Score
yeah they are all freshmen...I decided to watch the game while flipping around today...RU got stopped on 4th & 1 (run)..and just converted one (pass). Still 7-7

I'll check later. Watching a much existing game outside right now - Ramapo versus Bridgewater-Raritan in girl's soccer.

Reaction Score
The Dark Side indeed.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Darth Vader is involved in Rutgers&#39; halftime show right now.</p>&mdash; Nicole Auerbach (@NicoleAuerbach) <a href="">September 5, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reaction Score
The Dark Side indeed.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Darth Vader is involved in Rutgers&#39; halftime show right now.</p>&mdash; Nicole Auerbach (@NicoleAuerbach) <a href="">September 5, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hmm, I thought it was going to be Jim Delany standing at the 50 yard line throwing nickels and dimes at Rutgers administrators crawling around on their knees saying "thank you daddy, may I have another?" in unison.

Reaction Score
I hope Flood stays on. It will be easier for Diaco to recruit the quality players from jersey.

Reaction Score
StevePoliti11:23am via Twitter Web Client
Rutgers has called a special BOG meeting for Friday to discuss matters "regarding athletics matters and anticipated or pending litigation."
This may be it for Flood....and if it is I truly feel sorry for the RU fan base. Hermann is RU's version of Jeff Hathaway....maybe Pasqualoni can get his bot GDL and take over that program too..I don't think there is a coach out there that will sign up for that job working for those 2 a***oles!

Reaction Score

FDNY: if this is true, it reflects negatively far more on the high school coaches than it does on Schiano. The coaches are upset because he "bolted" for the NFL? So "bolted" means "took the job of a lifetime in about twice the time it would have taken me to jump on it?" What a bunch of hypocrites. How dare he do what is best for his professional career instead of continuing to cater to them.

Reaction Score
FDNY: if this is true, it reflects negatively far more on the high school coaches than it does on Schiano. The coaches are upset because he "bolted" for the NFL? So "bolted" means "took the job of a lifetime in about twice the time it would have taken me to jump on it?" What a bunch of hypocrites. How dare he do what is best for his professional career instead of continuing to cater to them.
100% agree with you BL! I always thought that a HS coach was supposed to help a kid make an educated choice about what school would be the best choice for that kid based on all the factors involved (Proximity to home, size of school, best school for the kids major, football (scheme, playing time, relationship with coach, level of play, etc...). From what we have seen here in CT, it seems more like vendetta'a matter more than anything. Pretty sad if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom