OT: Pats-Colts | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Pats-Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pats are really good. Their defense is a bit underrated and it won't be all that tested vs the Seahawks offense. This game is all on the Seattle defense and how well it plays vs a 2 week prep from Bill B and staff. The Seahawks cannot start like the did vs the Pack because it will be 21-0 and not 13-0.

Someone is going to need to catch on against the helmet to beat the Pats I think LOL. Seriously I really don't like the Pats, their fans or Bill B but give credit where credit is due. If their running it, lots of trouble with multiple weapons. Of course we have also seen Brady and how he reacts to consistent pressure, so therein lies the Seattle hope. Start solid and get to Tom's head.

Reaction Score
I'm doing what again? The AFC East has been terrible since forever, are you trying to dispute that or not? No clue why you are bringing Buffalo up, they played very well at the end of the season and looked good for pretty much the first time since Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas left. Brady has been victorious in 6 Superbowls? Now you're just making my head hurt.

It's been explained to you already. Their record is better against teams outside the AFCE than it is against the AFCE. It's likelier a team like the Bills for instance makes the playoffs if they don't have to deal with the Patriots twice a year.

Don't know why I wrote Super Bowls, but I clearly meant AFC championships.

Reaction Score
Pats are really good. Their defense is a bit underrated and it won't be all that tested vs the Seahawks offense. This game is all on the Seattle defense and how well it plays vs a 2 week prep from Bill B and staff. The Seahawks cannot start like the did vs the Pack because it will be 21-0 and not 13-0.

Someone is going to need to catch on against the helmet to beat the Pats I think LOL. Seriously I really don't like the Pats, their fans or Bill B but give credit where credit is due. If their running it, lots of trouble with multiple weapons. Of course we have also seen Brady and how he reacts to consistent pressure, so therein lies the Seattle hope. Start solid and get to Tom's head.

Brady responded to tons of pressure against Ravens last week. Responded great. He played well in the Second SB against the Giants too.

Reaction Score
From what I heard the past 18 months and living in this swamp of Pats fans, many of them were the one's proclaiming the potential end. Now they are like the Cowboy fans are with Romo again, on a honeymoon. Although the Pats fans have a "cruise" and the Boys fans have a long weekend in Maine.

The one thing that annoys me with Pats fans is a lot of them seem to be more concerned with Brady's "legacy" then they are with winning a Super Bowl. This legacy talk is now the most overused word amongst sports media members, just like the word "elite" was.

Reaction Score
Brady responded to tons of pressure against Ravens last week. Responded great. He played well in the Second SB against the Giants too.

He played ok in the 2nd half against the Giants only because the OLine responded a little better for him. When he was hit and chased not so much, but that's not all that different than most QB's unless you're Rogers or even Wilson. But Wilson's ability to get out of trouble doesn't allow him to be discussed with Rogers or Brady at any time.

He did hang in on "pressure" from the Ravens but they didn't get to him like the GMen did, constantly. Seattle didn't get to Rogers either this week so I am not sure they will do much to Brady in 2 weeks either. If they don't they will get beat no matter how good their dbacks are.

Reaction Score
You're doing it again.

The Patriots record is worse against the AFCE than it is against the rest of the league. Up above, you mentioned how much tougher the NFC is than the AFC. But, of course, the AFC dominated the NFC head to head this year. For instance, Buffalo swept the NFC North, as they beat Green Bay, Detroit, Minnesota and Chicago.

And, I'll say it again: Brady has been victorious in 6 Super Bowls. That pretty much makes any AFCE argument (which doesn't fly anyway, given the fact that the Patriots have a better winning % outside AFCE games) null and void.

I don't really understand. What does win % matter? They've won the AFC East 12 times. They get a bye and 1-2 home games to get to the Super Bowl. How does haven't that "automatic" advantage not help them accomplish 6 Super Bowl invites?

Reaction Score
The one thing that annoys me with Pats fans is a lot of them seem to be more concerned with Brady's "legacy" then they are with winning a Super Bowl. This legacy talk is now the most overused word amongst sports media members, just like the word "elite" was.

Patriots fans are the most insecure group of fans I've ever seen. All that they've accomplished, if you say ONE thing to discredit any of it, they fly off the handle. Spygate? David Tyree? Sends them into a hissy fit.

I'm a Jets fan. I was 3 when they won Super Bowl 3. I'd be happy just watching them in a Super Bowl. I'm a Mets fan. I have never complained about their mediocrity because I have 1986. But Pats fans? So insecure.

Reaction Score
From what I heard the past 18 months and living in this swamp of Pats fans, many of them were the one's proclaiming the potential end. Now they are like the Cowboy fans are with Romo again, on a honeymoon. Although the Pats fans have a "cruise" and the Boys fans have a long weekend in Maine.
You just don't fit in in Mass. Hate Pats, Sox, probably Celts and Bruins too. And UMass. Did I miss anyone?

Reaction Score
You just don't fit in in Mass. Hate Pats, Sox, probably Celts and Bruins too. And UMass. Did I miss anyone?

Like the Celts (hate he Knicks) and rooted for the Bruins last Stanley Cup actually but I am a Rangers fan. Sox fans are unbearable and since I moved up here 24 years ago and there has been some success for both Pats and Sox, unbearable doesn't come close. :eek:

Reaction Score
I don't really understand. What does win % matter? They've won the AFC East 12 times. They get a bye and 1-2 home games to get to the Super Bowl. How does haven't that "automatic" advantage not help them accomplish 6 Super Bowl invites?

What is with you people?

They win more against teams not in the AFCE.

How hard is that to understand?

They win more outside the AFCE because they are good.

this is one of the silliest points of contention I have ever heard.

It's crazy how bad mauconnfan and super john hate on the Patriots. it is absolutely pathological jealousy. at the very least, Mau's team has 2 well-deserved victories over the Patriots. I have no idea who superjohn roots for but I suspect it's the Jets.

As for being sensitive, it's just par for the course that when people will say absolutely anything to detract from a team that wins a lot--because of jealousy--we'll come back with facts. This morning I listened to radio as I was driving in, and there were multiple people commenting on the constant detractions from Brady's game as opposed to other successful QBs. Colin Cowherd actually had a long segment on it.

What it comes down to is jealousy.

Brady is making his 6th Super Bowl appearance. That's unprecedented. Bottom line.

And if they could beat up on the Bengals and Browns twice a year, it would have been the same. If they could have beaten up on the Jags, Titans and Texans like Peyton did, it would have been the same. If they could beat up on the Raiders, Chiefs and Broncos (who were awful until Peyton) it would be the same. Doesn't matter what division they are in. When you actually look at the fact that half the teams in both conferences are crappy, it's not a surprise at all that the Patriots have a better record outside the AFCE than inside.

During one stretch this year, the Patriots played Detroit, Green Bay, Denver, Detroit, San Diego, and Indianapolis in consecutive weeks (although not in that order) and they won all but one. An easy road? Hardly.

Reaction Score
During one stretch this year, the Patriots played Detroit, Green Bay, Denver, Detroit, San Diego, and Indianapolis in consecutive weeks (although not in that order) and they won all but one. An easy road? Hardly.

Arguably the toughest games they had in that stretch were the Jets at home on a Thursday night.

Reaction Score
And if they could beat up on the Bengals and Browns twice a year, it would have been the same. If they could have beaten up on the Jags, Titans and Texans like Peyton did, it would have been the same. If they could beat up on the Raiders, Chiefs and Broncos (who were awful until Peyton) it would be the same. Doesn't matter what division they are in. When you actually look at the fact that half the teams in both conferences are crappy, it's not a surprise at all that the Patriots have a better record outside the AFCE than inside.

Sure. Those points hold water this year. But it doesn't erase the fact (FACT) that it's been easier for them get to 6 Super Bowls because of that automatic division title and homefield advantage plus a bye and only 2 games to get there. You seem to gloss over that and it's simply true.

The Jets were in back to back AFC championship games a few years back. They had to win 3 road playoff games, 3 weeks in a row to get to the Super Bowl. That's harder than winning 2 home games. Period.

Being in an easily won division for the majority (if not all) of his career definitely has a LOT to do with Brady's Super Bowl (and AFC championship) appearances.

Reaction Score
Sure. Those points hold water this year. But it doesn't erase the fact (FACT) that it's been easier for them get to 6 Super Bowls because of that automatic division title and homefield advantage plus a bye and only 2 games to get there. You seem to gloss over that and it's simply true.

The Jets were in back to back AFC championship games a few years back. They had to win 3 road playoff games, 3 weeks in a row to get to the Super Bowl. That's harder than winning 2 home games. Period.

Being in an easily won division for the majority (if not all) of his career definitely has a LOT to do with Brady's Super Bowl (and AFC championship) appearances.

2001, 2004, 2006, 2013 AFC Championship Games on the road.

Reaction Score

So the fact that the Patriots win more against OTHErR divisions means nothing to you?

How do you explain that?

especially when they are taking on the top 2 teams of the opposing divisions and not the bottom 2 teams. Shouldn't the Patriots record be worse for taking on the top 2 teams? Not better?

So, what division would you place the Patriots in that would make it tougher?

Reaction Score

FWIW, Peyton Manning has had plenty of byes and home playoff games and what is his record? Sure, it helps but it's not a free pass.

Reaction Score
What is with you people?

They win more against teams not in the AFCE.

How hard is that to understand?

They win more outside the AFCE because they are good.

this is one of the silliest points of contention I have ever heard.

It's crazy how bad mauconnfan and super john hate on the Patriots. it is absolutely pathological jealousy. at the very least, Mau's team has 2 well-deserved victories over the Patriots. I have no idea who superjohn roots for but I suspect it's the Jets.

As for being sensitive, it's just par for the course that when people will say absolutely anything to detract from a team that wins a lot--because of jealousy--we'll come back with facts. This morning I listened to radio as I was driving in, and there were multiple people commenting on the constant detractions from Brady's game as opposed to other successful QBs. Colin Cowherd actually had a long segment on it.

What it comes down to is jealousy.

Brady is making his 6th Super Bowl appearance. That's unprecedented. Bottom line.

I promise you I'm not jealous of the Patriots, as a Giants fan beating the Patriots in two Super Bowls makes it impossible to be jealous. I also dislike Duke and Kentucky basketball but as a UConn fan it's impossible to be jealous because we own them both in big games. Much of what I dislike about the Patriots is how growing up in CT. and even with Mass friends I don't really remember any Patriots fans. Then they started winning and the next thing I knew the fans were coming out from everywhere. I have no problem with people jumping on a wagon when the team becomes great but the pretending that they were always die-hard fans is just annoying nonsense. I've seen it a lot with Red Sox fans as well but at least there really was millions of die-hard Red Sox fans back in the day.

Reaction Score
I promise you I'm not jealous of the Patriots, as a Giants fan beating the Patriots in two Super Bowls makes it impossible to be jealous. I also dislike Duke and Kentucky basketball but as a UConn fan it's impossible to be jealous because we own them both in big games. Much of what I dislike about the Patriots is how growing up in CT. and even with Mass friends I don't really remember any Patriots fans. Then they started winning and the next thing I knew the fans were coming out from everywhere. I have no problem with people jumping on a wagon when the team becomes great but the pretending that they were always die-hard fans is just annoying nonsense. I've seen it a lot with Red Sox fans as well but at least there really was millions of die-hard Red Sox fans back in the day.

The reason Kraft was looking at Hartford was that over 25 percent of the season ticket holder base resides in Conn.

And I still can't for the life of me understand your points about the AFCE when the Patriots have done better against teams outside the AFCE.

Reaction Score
Luck is the most overrated player in the NFL. A compiler. I'd never trust him in a big game. Disaster today.

Luck has carried a team that was supposed to be rebuilding to 3 playoff berths. That kid is everything they said he was and maybe a little more. Put team around him and he will be lights out. I look forward to years of Wilson vs. Luck...and I am a Raiders Fan.

Reaction Score
The AFC East is their competition, when your conference has really sucked for more than a decade it makes it a whole lot easier to win your division, that should be pretty easy to understand. The Patriots do well against everyone because they are a great team but it doesn't negate the fact that it's been extremely easy winning the AFC East over the years because it's flat out bad.
"The reason Kraft was looking at Hartford was that over 25 percent of the season ticket holder base resides in Conn." If you really think this then we should just end the conversation here.

Reaction Score
The AFC East is their competition, when your conference has really sucked for more than a decade it makes it a whole lot easier to win your division, that should be pretty easy to understand. The Patriots do well against everyone because they are a great team but it doesn't negate the fact that it's been extremely easy winning the AFC East over the years because it's flat out bad.
"The reason Kraft was looking at Hartford was that over 25 percent of the season ticket holder base resides in Conn." If you really think this then we should just end the conversation here.

I don't think it. It's a fact. They had a significant fan base in Conn. before 2001.

Can your point in the 1st sentence be restated?

How does the AFC suck?

In the last 14 years, the Ravens won 2, Patriots 3, Colts 1, Steelers 2, that's 8 of the last 14 SBs. How is that weakness?

Chargers, Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, Broncos, and Colts have all been decent teams in the AFC. Who has been good in the NFC? Heck, for 5 or 6 years, the McNair Titans team was pretty good as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom