OT: Pats-Colts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Pats-Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They should have kept him after he walked off the field into the locker room with a couple of minutes left in the game?

Maybe the Patriots told him to do something to get cut by the Steelers ;)

Reaction Score
Pats pass coverage was incredible. Luck had nobody to throw to for most of the game.

Reaction Score
Let's no go crazy on Blount here. Colts run defense is god awful. He did the same thing in the divisional round last year against the colts then was a total non factor in Denver. No way he runs like that against the Seahawks. It's gonna be all about Brady vs that Seahawks secondary and pass rush.

This Colts team is so one dimensional its not even funny. Pats didnt even need to think about covering the run.

Reaction Score
They should have kept him after he walked off the field into the locker room with a couple of minutes left in the game?

Yes, you bench, him or put him on the practice squad do something to embarass him, you don't cut him during the season knowing one of your main competitors like the Pats will sign him. When Randy Moss acted up the Pats made sure he wasn't able to sign with a good team, when they cut him, he was placed on waivers. Kudos to the Pats for taking advantage off the Steelers stupidity.

Reaction Score
Let's no go crazy on Blount here. Colts run defense is god awful. He did the same thing in the divisional round last year against the colts then was a total non factor in Denver. No way he runs like that against the Seahawks. It's gonna be all about Brady vs that Seahawks secondary and pass rush.

This Colts team is so one dimensional its not even funny. Pats didnt even need to think about covering the run.
Seahawks are good against the run, but Lacy/Starks had a good day against them today until the last couple of series, when everyone know they were going to run.

Reaction Score
BigErnMcCracken said:
If your team is so soft that a first quarter fumble ends the game you probably don't deserve to win. Colts are just outclassed.

I don't know how many here are old enough to remember the first Giants Super Bowl, but in the first quarter of the first round, Jerry Rice got behind the Giants D on a long pass and was on his way to an easy touchdown and a 7-0 lead, when he inexplicably fumbled the ball with nobody within five yards of him. Giants recovered the fumble and went on to win 49-3.

Folks thought that play was the game back then, and I said the same thing. If you get smooshed that bad, it was going to happen one way or another.

Reaction Score
I don't know how many here are old enough to remember the first Giants Super Bowl, but in the first quarter of the first round, Jerry Rice got behind the Giants D on a long pass and was on his way to an easy touchdown and a 7-0 lead, when he inexplicably fumbled the ball with nobody within five yards of him. Giants recovered the fumble and went on to win 49-3.

Folks thought that play was the game back then, and I said the same thing. If you get smooshed that bad, it was going to happen one way or another.

Thats what it feels like watching Uconn this year.

Reaction Score

Yep I remember that, I have that game in my Giants DVD set.

Reaction Score
Who would you say is elite then.

Its a team sport, Brady isn't lighting the world on fire this game, when your behind you gotta take chances.

Brady lit the world on fire last week. He didn't need to do it today.

Reaction Score
Yes, you bench, him or put him on the practice squad do something to embarass him, you don't cut him during the season knowing one of your main competitors like the Pats will sign him. When Randy Moss acted up the Pats made sure he wasn't able to sign with a good team, when they cut him, he was placed on waivers. Kudos to the Pats for taking advantage off the Steelers stupidity.

Blount was cut and had to go through waivers. 31 other teams had a chance to pick up his contract, which didn't have a signing bonus. In other words, he would cost 31 other teams very little money. No one picked him up.

Reaction Score
It's really a huge feat that the Brady and Belichick combo is going to the Super Bowl for the 6th time.

For Brady, that's 9 AFC championship games in 14 years. He has been victorious in 6 of them.

If he gets his 4th victory, it puts to rest the Joe Montana arguments about being undefeated in the SB. After all, getting there so many times is more a credit to Brady than losing in the first round.

Reaction Score
Getting there so many times is very impressive but less so when you realize how awful the AFC East has been for a long time, AFC overall is just weak recently.

Reaction Score
Getting there so many times is very impressive but less so when you realize how awful the AFC East has been for a long time, AFC overall is just weak recently.

You're doing it again.

The Patriots record is worse against the AFCE than it is against the rest of the league. Up above, you mentioned how much tougher the NFC is than the AFC. But, of course, the AFC dominated the NFC head to head this year. For instance, Buffalo swept the NFC North, as they beat Green Bay, Detroit, Minnesota and Chicago.

And, I'll say it again: Brady has been victorious in 6 Super Bowls. That pretty much makes any AFCE argument (which doesn't fly anyway, given the fact that the Patriots have a better winning % outside AFCE games) null and void.

Reaction Score
Blount was cut and had to go through waivers. 31 other teams had a chance to pick up his contract, which didn't have a signing bonus. In other words, he would cost 31 other teams very little money. No one picked him up.

The plan was more diabolical than that. First, the Patriots convinced the Steelers to sign Blount as a free agent. Then, they convinced the Steelers coaches not to play Blount during a game and for him to walk out early. After ordering the Steelers to cut him, they Jedi mind tricked the rest of the league to not claim Blount off waivers.

New England could have just re-signed Blount during but apparently thought this approach would be more entertaining.

Reaction Score
You're doing it again.

The Patriots record is worse against the AFCE than it is against the rest of the league. Up above, you mentioned how much tougher the NFC is than the AFC. But, of course, the AFC dominated the NFC head to head this year. For instance, Buffalo swept the NFC North, as they beat Green Bay, Detroit, Minnesota and Chicago.

And, I'll say it again: Brady has been victorious in 6 Super Bowls. That pretty much makes any AFCE argument (which doesn't fly anyway, given the fact that the Patriots have a better winning % outside AFCE games) null and void.
I'm doing what again? The AFC East has been terrible since forever, are you trying to dispute that or not? No clue why you are bringing Buffalo up, they played very well at the end of the season and looked good for pretty much the first time since Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas left. Brady has been victorious in 6 Superbowls? Now you're just making my head hurt.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score

Not defending the Colts but the AFC was arguably stronger this year than the NFC as there were 11 teams out of 16 were .500 or better and only 7 in the NFC less than half the teams. Yes 6 of the NFC squads well at least 5( excluding az w/injuries) were very good the AFC had a better year.

Reaction Score
Lotta posters "telling it like it is" in this thread were the same ones proclaiming the end of the Brady era back in late September. Just about as correct now.

Reaction Score
The Colts have a lot to build on and will be really good if they get the right pieces in the next couple of years, but they got their butts kicked big time tonight. Would have rather seen Denver/New England go at it.

Reaction Score
Lotta posters "telling it like it is" in this thread were the same ones proclaiming the end of the Brady era back in late September. Just about as correct now.

From what I heard the past 18 months and living in this swamp of Pats fans, many of them were the one's proclaiming the potential end. Now they are like the Cowboy fans are with Romo again, on a honeymoon. Although the Pats fans have a "cruise" and the Boys fans have a long weekend in Maine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom