OT: Pats-Colts | Page 17 | The Boneyard

OT: Pats-Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How do you know this? Because the NFL says so? Because the ref says so? What makes them anymore infallible than the Patriots (in the eyes of Patriots fans)? What if the ref is covering his ? The possibility that the crew of officials (who don't work with each other during the regular season) didn't do a complete job when approving the balls is a positive non-zero percentage.

According to Adam Schefter on WEEI this morning, the investigation is focused on chain of custody and procedure right now (How they haven't interviewed Brady yet blows my mind). Refs have a responsibility to be impartial, but they are human too. Do you think they would be forthright in admitting that or at least as forthright as you expect of Belichick or Brady? I don't.

Perhaps the NFL exonerated the refs a little too quickly, no? Mike Florio raised the possibility that the NFL wanted to sting the Patriots and knowing allowed them to play the 1st half with under inflated balls. Who lacks integrity in this case? What if the Refs approved underinflated balls? What if they knew prior to the game and they didn't correct them like they apparently do to Aaron Rodgers' over inflated balls. Who lacks integrity in this case?
And 9-11 was an inside job.

Reaction Score
Hard for me to believe that an equipment manager deflated team balls without the approval of the starting QB.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I guess a unicorn could have deflated those footballs with the tip of his horn.

Reaction Score
Hard for me to believe that an equipment manager deflated team balls without the approval of the starting QB.

I just read an NFL source claims they gave the balls to the sideline attendants one minute before the game.

And no one was watching what happened afterward?

And there are no cameras?

Reaction Score

Can you tell me where you read that?

The only person to write that so far about the 2 PSI is Tom Curran, who, although he was calling for swift punishment on Belichick, is actually quite close to the Patriots.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
And 9-11 was an inside job.
Where the H did you get that?

I'm not say the Patriots didn't knowingly submit under inflated balls, but I'm also saying there is a possibility the Refs didn't carry out their control procedures 100% either. If they did catch them, why didn't they pump the balls up? If either one of these two things happened, If there was a breakdown in controls, do you expect the arbiters of the game to admit it they screwed up? Why?

I think Brady likes a softer ball and submitted them to the ref, I think the officials as a whole don't do as thourough of a job as they let on, and I think the NFL had no choice but to prematurely buy what the officials were selling in order to protect the integrity of the game.

By the way, nice job in sh_tting on the graves of over 3,000 innocent people for no reason. This is football for crying out loud.

Reaction Score

I'm not say the Patriots didn't knowingly submit under inflated balls, but I'm also saying there is a possibility the Refs didn't carry out their control procedures 100% either. If they did catch them, why didn't they pump the balls up? If either one of these two things happened, If there was a breakdown in controls, do you expect the arbiters of the game to admit it they screwed up? Why?

I think Brady likes a softer ball and submitted them to the ref, I think the officials as a whole don't do as thourough of a job as they let on, and I think the NFL had no choice but to prematurely buy what the officials were selling in order to protect the integrity of the game.

By the way, nice job in sh_tting on the graves of over 3,000 innocent people for no reason. This is football for crying out loud.
Sh_tting on the graves of 3,000 innocent people? It was a joke Sparky, I was down there for 9-11 and lost a friend so take it easy. It seems like you are trying to transfer blame to the NFL and that seems a little too inside job/conspiracy nonsense to me.

Reaction Score
Wow, might as well lock this sucker. NFL just said it is bringing in forensic expert investigation teams to pour over material evidence, camera footage, videos, etc.

I presume they can find something if someone tampered between kickoff and the Jackson interception.

This will take weeks, not days.

They didn't give exact measurements, just said the balls were underinflated.

Reaction Score

Now Pats fans are really pulling out the big guns. Fishy did no such thing. Wow, can you Pats fans get any more ridiculous with your ways of trying to defend them. If Brady and Belicheck told you guys to bend over, you would do so happily.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Sh_tting on the graves of 3,000 innocent people? It was a joke Sparky, I was down there for 9-11 and lost a friend so take it easy. It seems like you are trying to transfer blame to the NFL and that seems a little too inside job/conspiracy nonsense to me.

Well as long as you lost a friend, it makes your "joke" less tasteless...My bad... :rolleyes:

Now Pats fans are really pulling out the big guns. Fishy did no such thing. Wow, can you Pats fans get any more ridiculous with your ways of trying to defend them. If Brady and Belicheck told you guys to bend over, you would do so happily.

1st. I am not a Patriots fan. I am a Redskins fan. On the other hand, living in New England it is impossible not to get swept up in this "controversy." It is all that anyone is talking about and when I say anyone, it is the first story on every news program, let alone sports program, from Channel 8 to CNN.

2nd. My response wasn't directed to Fishy, but don't let that get in your way. I am simply raising other possibilities than Brady and/or Belichick are absolutely lying just because the Patriots were punished for Spy----. The prosecution must love you on their juries. Apparently you think cops can do no wrong. I'm a bit more cynical.

Reaction Score
I just read an NFL source claims they gave the balls to the sideline attendants one minute before the game.

And no one was watching what happened afterward?

And there are no cameras?

Exactly. Pictures or it didn't happen.

Look, if Tom Brady stands in front of a roomful of reporters awkwardly smiling like he just ate someone's pet parakeet, while wearing a wool hat with a pom-pom on top, and says he doesn't know anything about it, case dismissed as far as I'm concerned. He's a good egg with a very lovely wife.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Off course the only person alleging that is Brunell who wasn't there, has no first hand knowlege and thus is pretty much talking out his butt. But apparently he started 151 games in the NFL and was a vigorous ball rubber so....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1st. I am not a Patriots fan. I am a Redskins fan. On the other hand, living in New England it is impossible not to get swept up in this "controversy." It is all that anyone is talking about and when I say anyone, it is the first story on every news program, let alone sports program, from Channel 8 to CNN.

2nd. My response wasn't directed to Fishy, but don't let that get in your way. I am simply raising other possibilities than Brady and/or Belichick are absolutely lying just because the Patriots were punished for Spy----. The prosecution must love you on their juries. Apparently you think cops can do no wrong. I'm a bit more cynical.

Meant Superjohn. Brady said in the past he likes to play with an underinflated ball, he likes when Gronk spikes it and deflates it. No one on the Pats side would mess with Brady's ball without him knowing.

Reaction Score
Well as long as you lost a friend, it makes your "joke" less tasteless...My bad... :rolleyes:

You can , the joke was about the 9-11 truthers not the horrible attack, don't be an idiot. If you want stupid look towards Brady bringing up Isis in his press conference.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think the rush to judgement, here and elsewhere is based on the anticipation that when the dust settles, there will be no sanctions. Thus the need for sanctimony now, because after the NFL says no evidence of linking Bellichick, Brady or the Pats to tampering, they'll be exposed as whiners if they don't let it go.

Reaction Score
Off course the only person alleging that is Brunell who wasn't there, has no first hand knowlege and thus is pretty much talking out his butt. But apparently he started 151 games so....
Pretty much everyone is saying what Brunell said, there is no chance that a ballboy/equipment manager went rogue and deflated the footballs.

Reaction Score
UConn basketball = Patriots football

Unlikable coach (Calhoun, outside perception), dominating a league angering the power schools/teams.

UConn basketball = UConn Basketball

Can you guys stop with this idiocy. Just saying this isn't going to get us to agree to your guys stupid conspiracy theories on how the Pats did nothing wrong.

Reaction Score
UConn basketball = UConn Basketball

Can you guys stop with this idiocy. Just saying this isn't going to get us to agree to your guys stupid conspiracy theories on how the Pats did nothing wrong.

Please provide your take on how my point is a conspiracy theory? Did Calhoun not get slapped with recruiting violations? Some call that cheating. I don't think we cheated, but we were found guilty. Did UConn not come out of nowhere to dominate a sport controlled by the good ole boy's? You know what? Pats came out of nowhere too with a Coach who has been penalized for violations and dominated.
You can call me an idiot and my points stupid but please back it up.

Reaction Score
Here's they another take from a
UConn basketball = Patriots football

Unlikable coach (Calhoun, outside perception), dominating a league angering the power schools/teams.

Check your pants, I think this reply was a "shart" ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom