OT - outdoor grilling | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT - outdoor grilling

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
DC - If you are ready to tackle some ribs, here is a good basic rub from Steve Rachin's book.

1/4 cup coarse salt (I use kosher)
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup paprika (I use smoked paprika)
3 tbs ground black pepper
1 tbs garlic powder
1 tbs onion flakes
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp celery seeds

This is a good starting point for your first batch of baby backs. Experiment with the spices and tastes that you like. To quote Rachin "the possibilities are limited only by your imagination." My usual rub has about a dozen ingredients. I add roasted cumin, ancho and chipotle chili powder.

I usually prepare the ribs, double wrap them in tinfoil and pop them in the fridge on the morning that I will grill them.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
DC - If you are ready to tackle some ribs, here is a good basic rub from Steve Rachin's book.

1/4 cup coarse salt (I use kosher)
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup paprika (I use smoked paprika)
3 tbs ground black pepper
1 tbs garlic powder
1 tbs onion flakes
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp celery seeds

This is a good starting point for your first batch of baby backs. Experiment with the spices and tastes that you like. To quote Rachin "the possibilities are limited only by your imagination." My usual rub has about a dozen ingredients. I add roasted cumin, ancho and chipotle chili powder.

I usually prepare the ribs, double wrap them in tinfoil and pop them in the fridge on the morning that I will grill them.

ahem. Raichlen.

Here's a short cut that we will use next week. (Call it cheating if you wish, but we will be on the road.) We have a shipment of 3 racks of baby backs coming in Wednesday. Got 'em online, all ready to heat and serve. We'll take them (in shipping container w/dry ice) to Chesapeake Bay region for a big weekend family get-together (grills available there). We'll schlep some sauce and a mop, maybe some smoke pellets. Then heat them up, slop some goo on them and serve with a couple rolls of paper towels.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
hahaha Grill Kings on the Boneyard... who knew

Reaction Score
We have a 1,000 gallon buried propane tank and ran a line to the grill. The advantages are never having to deal with running out of gas, avoiding the hassle of getting the small tanks refilled, and paying the cheaper bulk rate for propane.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
1000 gallons, that's a filling station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads