OT -Our Women | The Boneyard

OT -Our Women

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd say UConn is the cat owner making the laser pointer dance around the wall, and the rest of the WCBB world is the cat jumping up at it, perhaps nipping it once in a while, but always futilely; for before it can feel any kind of satisfaction in momentarily catching it, the red dot is somewhere else in a fraction of a second and the cat must chase again.

Reaction Score
I don't understand why Ollie doesn't coach fundamentals. Look how these girls move the ball and pass it to whoever's open. I wish Ollie taught the men to play like that. Fundamentals like you read about.
People freaking out in 3...2...

tumblr_inline_n0jr8iHZZK1rw1m2z.gif

Reaction Score
I don't understand why Ollie doesn't coach fundamentals. Look how these girls move the ball and pass it to whoever's open. I wish Ollie taught the men to play like that. Fundamentals like you read about.

I'm more impressed with they way they run, just throw it out and go. If there's no play they work it around until they find someone open. If KO isn't recruiting I hope he's taking notes. And if Facey could use the baseline like Tuck and throw underhanded scoops 10 times a game he could see more PT. Hope he's watching too.

Reaction Score
Geno, God bless him, has the equivalent of Kentucky's talent in a sport where there's no such thing as "one and done". If he coaches another 9 years (he turns 61 today) and something drastic doesn't change the women's game, he could end up with 15+ national titles.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
This is just getting silly. Eleven minutes left and we can play three on five and still win going away.

Reaction Score
Couldnt care less about the Uconn womens team tbh. Just cant get into it.

There are certain teams I really like to watch them bury, like tonight. Hope the play the 'Vols and Terps still.

I read an article about Jimmy Dykes, the former mens college hoop color guy who took the women's job at Arkansas this year - his alma mater I believe. The women coaches of the world and even women fans (yes Byers included) think it was a raw deal because there was more women available with much better track records since he has never coached - Funny thing is they're still playing. One fan even said this should open the door for more women to coach in the mens game in college LOL....yeah K, KO, Izzo and so many others are dying to get Brenda and Tara on their staffs!

Reaction Score

you must pass 5 times before a shot. Five times.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
image.jpg

So, kinda funny story: I google image searched "Rutgers trophy case" and this pic came up. I exclaimed in excitement to myself "this is perfect!," and went to save the image and saw it was sourced to the boneyard already haha.

The most humorous thing is that this (their women's hoops program) is the best that Rutgers has to offer in athletics, by far.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
500k bonus for a sweet 16 appearance in the womens game? It doesnt get any more Rutgers than that.

Sounds crazier than it is - she went from guaranteed money to a series of bonuses.

For this particular bonus, they might as well as have stapled the check to a unicorn's ass and told Viv to go run after it.

Reaction Score
their margin of victory is sick. just insane numbers lmao there is no way they are losing

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Sounds crazier than it is - she went from guaranteed money to a series of bonuses.

For this particular bonus, they might as well as have stapled the check to a unicorn's ass and told Viv to go run after it.
She has 4 years to make a sweet 16, just has to avoid being an 8 or 9 seed.

Reaction Score
How would like to be Vivian Stringer who gets a $500,000 bonus if she makes the sweet sixteen.

But she has to beat UConn to get there....
Talk about good news bad news

Reaction Score
How would like to be Vivian Stringer who gets a $500,000 bonus if she makes the sweet sixteen.

But she has to beat UConn to get there....
And it was another rock fight. Then she started pressing again, down 35 with 2 minutes left. Sigh...

Reaction Score
Problem with the women's game is that there are only 4 or 5 good teams every year. While it is great to be UConn, we won't see any competitive games until the final 4. It would be great if UConn played Tennessee but it won't e quite the same without Pat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom