OT: Kasongo kasongo'ed by Oregon | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Kasongo kasongo'ed by Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We took AB- a project no one had heard of-We took Lubin- who no one has heard of and they may both wind up going pro.
We could have done wonders for Kansago while he was here. I just feel bad he is going to somewhere else and will most likely barely improve in four years. Poor kid sounds like he has 15 people to support- it is a shame it did not work out at the time. We are on to bigger and better things now- wish him well.

Let's wait till rock actually steps on the practice floor, never mind games, before we put him in the NBA.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
UofMemphis said:
Never mind the fact we graduate players and maintain a perfect APR.

So did North Carolina.

Reaction Score
Never mind the fact we graduate players and maintain a perfect APR.

Memphis needs a good guard who can play the point...we have lots of good forwards.

PG - Pookie Powell (four-star player)
G/F - Markel Crawford (four-star player)
G/F - Nick King (four-star player)
F - Austin Nichols (five-star player)
F - Shaq Goodwin (McDonalds All-American)
-----------------------
PG/G - Dom Magee (four-star player)
G - Damien Wilson (three-star player)
G/F - Kuran Iverson (four-star player)
G/F - Trahson Burrell (three-star player)
C - Dom Woodson (four-star player)
------transfers------
G - Avery Woodson (CC Transfer)
G/F - Chris Hawkins (CC Transfer)

EDIT: Damien Wilson is transferring
http://www.gotigersgo.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/080114aab.html
Trashon Burrell will start at 2 once he gets here. He is a natural scorer and does a lot of dirty work in getting rebounds and can assist as well. He also has better handles than the guards currently at the 2. He was a top 10 juco for a reason. I expect something similar to Geron Johnson but taller and more gifted offensively.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Trashon Burrell will start at 2 once he gets here. He is a natural scorer and does a lot of dirty work in getting rebounds and can assist as well. He also has better handles than the guards currently at the 2. He was a top 10 juco for a reason. I expect something similar to Geron Johnson but taller and more gifted offensively.

Doubt he starts over the more talented Markel Crawford, but I'll trust Pastner to make that call.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry, I like Memphis, had a good time there. Solid program on the court.

But when the admission standards are comparable to a community college; saying you graduate players and have a perfect apr isn't all that impressive.

The apr is a joke and graduating community college isn't difficult.

Reaction Score
Doubt he starts over the more talented Markel Crawford, but I'll trust Pastner to make that call.
That's the thing Grant Milner has said that it is a fight for PG between Crawford, Pookie, and Magee. Pookie is going to win that battle most likely. Markel still isn't in form from the knee injury and hasn't made much improvement on his shot. Burrell at the moment is more talented than crawford. Crawford just has a high ceiling at the moment. Burrell is an impact guy who scores from outside, midrange, and in the paint. This is from people within the program. When you are averaging 25.5 pg 7.7 Rebs , and 4.5 assist you are going to make an impact no matter what. This is why Pastner is high on Burrell when he committed and likely why he will be our starter at 2. Don't let the fact he went to juco fool you and don't get caught star gazing at Crawfords rank out of high school.

Reaction Score
We took Lubin- who . . . may . . . wind up going pro.
For those of you who haven't been following the IERT (the irrational exuberance recruiting thread), Rakim Lubin has just passed Ater Majok on the "unreal expectations" chart and is rapidly approaching Ajou-Ajou Deng.

Reaction Score
Kasongo is going to Kansas. Insiders and experts have him pegged there now. It doesn't hurt us since we are deep at the frontcourt.

Reaction Score
Well, certainly seems like it worked out best for him in the end. Going from Oregon to Kansas is a def upgrade.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Well, certainly seems like it worked out best for him in the end. Going from Oregon to Kansas is a def upgrade.
That is until Oregon voters approve legal weed...:cool: Then after it's all over you're in Kansas and you're sober, which from what I gather from Beakum, it isn't all that pleasant of an experience.

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score

And now his handlers can lure more kids to sterling schools like Phase 1 Academy after showing this success story.

Reaction Score
So Kansas backed off and now Indiana is the team being mentioned with him, in case anyone was still interested in this.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
So Kansas backed off and now Indiana is the team being mentioned with him, in case anyone was still interested in this.

Kasongo threads must not die.

C

Chief00

UConn backed off originally, and took Lubin instead.

We don't need this drama again - don't believe Ollie would go there. As for Memphis Admissions - what a great country - they redefine land of opportunity! Everyone has access.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
We don't need this drama again - don't believe Ollie would go there. As for Memphis Admissions - what a great country - they redefine land of opportunity! Everyone has access.

How dare we graduate our student-athletes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom