OT: Kasongo kasongo'ed by Oregon | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Kasongo kasongo'ed by Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Add Kasongo to the list of players in recent years that we obsessed about, but were very lucky not to get. Brandon Austin and Xavier Rathan-Mayes also come to mind.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Oregons roster is a mess.

Kasongo is looking at Cal and Memphis supposedly.
Lol. Cal-Berkley's one of the top academic public universities in the country. Hey, Kasongo, good luck with that.... Memphis, sure, but Cal? I hear MIT is looking for a power forward.....

Reaction Score
Pastner must know Shaq and Austin will being going pro next year. I see no other reason to take this guy since we are the favorite for Skal Labissiere in the 2015 class. I rather have Lyle than Kasango.

U

UCONNfan1

Oregons roster is a mess.

Kasongo is looking at Cal and Memphis supposedly.
Good. Go to Memphis. Good for the AAC. Have to make it a good conference as long as we are stuck in it...

Reaction Score
Is Kasongo a project big man? If so we don't need that at Memphis. Can he make an impact from day 1? You guys were on him pretty hard, what is your evaluation of him?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Is Kasongo a project big man? If so we don't need that at Memphis. Can he make an impact from day 1? You guys were on him pretty hard, what is your evaluation of him?
How does a Memphis fan on this board have more likes than posts? Congratulating the Huskies on another national championship would do the trick. :)

Reaction Score

He can be a nice player for you form what we've seen………not sure how fast but the ceiling is nice. I know one thing for sure, there were a lot of happy Husky fans when he came close to a verbal to UC………..just had an awful support system it would seem, poor kid. Hope it works out for him somewhere, somehow!

Reaction Score
Wow, can we give this kid a break? Ray is in a rough spot. No kid deserves this kind of negative press. Oregon didn't admit him. It is what it is. Doesn't make him a bad kid or some kind of felon. Not every kid or parent knows who are looking out for the best interest of the them/or their child. I feel bad for Ray. "Handers" can often be a bad thing in college basketball recruiting. Not all are bad. Seems like Ray got some bad advice & he seemed to want to attend UConn. I hope he lands some place where he can just play, attend college & succeed. Let Ray be Ray.... No need to bash on him.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Wow, can we give this kid a break? Ray is in a rough spot. No kid deserves this kind of negative press. Oregon didn't admit him. It is what it is. Doesn't make him a bad kid or some kind of felon. Not every kid or parent knows who are looking out for the best interest of the them/or their child. I feel bad for Ray. "Handers" can often be a bad thing in college basketball recruiting. Not all are bad. Seems like Ray got some bad advice & he seemed to want to attend UConn. I hope he lands some place where he can just play, attend college & succeed. Let Ray be Ray.... No need to bash on him.
Don't you find some dark humor in a kid engaging in that fiasco and choosing Oregon and then not getting in? There should be some info on whether you can get accepted before you commit, no?

Reaction Score
Don't you find some dark humor in a kid engaging in that fiasco and choosing Oregon and then not getting in? There should be some info on whether you can get accepted before you commit, no?

No, I don't get humiliating a kid for not getting admitted exciting or humorous. He wasn't admitted to Oregon & his "handlers" pushed him to Oregon. Who wants this kind of attention? It was not stated he wasn't eligible by NCCA standards. Heck, Corey Maggette got admitted to Puke. Puke has some of the highest admission standards, but Maggette still got admitted.

Reaction Score
I always wish the worst for high school kids who go to a school that I do not cheer for in free labor basketball. Those kids are THE WORST!

caw

Reaction Score
I'm kind of glad his handlers are getting bad press/tweets. They really fd him. Not necessarily by choosing Oregon but by moving him from high school to high school to pseudo high school. Hopefully kids learn fom this not to go to sketchy schools like Kasongos final one. Cassell had similar issues with an NBA father and no real handlers and much less sketchy high school, so it happens outside those circumstances but any time a handler or pseudo basketball school gets put in a negative light I'm OK with it. I feel bad for Kasongo, as he seems like a decent kid.

Reaction Score
Didn't the cameras capture this kid standing next to Warde Manuel on the sidelines during the 1st half of last season's football game against Michigan? I have a hazy memory of what seemed like a shining moment at the time...Huskies were taking it to the wolverines on national tv...Kasongo and WM were smiling away like a commitment was in the bag. Then the wheels came off, on the game and the recruitment.

Reaction Score
To bad for the kid, but this is the Oregon Administration letting the coach know, no more questionable kids or people around the kids.

Reaction Score
I'm kind of glad his handlers are getting bad press/tweets. They really fd him. Not necessarily by choosing Oregon but by moving him from high school to high school to pseudo high school. Hopefully kids learn fom this not to go to sketchy schools like Kasongos final one. Cassell had similar issues with an NBA father and no real handlers and much less sketchy high school, so it happens outside those circumstances but any time a handler or pseudo basketball school gets put in a negative light I'm OK with it. I feel bad for Kasongo, as he seems like a decent kid.

There's your answer rrright there.

He probably was given the Thumbs Up from Oregon. But then slid down the scale to Pseudo-HS ... and all bets are off. Compounding that is the University of Oregon defiantly want to "appear" clean going forward. A clear case of the Admissions academic sticklers getting to tag the Hoop coach. He was given word that he could be admitted ... and then circumstances changed.

Reaction Score
We took AB- a project no one had heard of-We took Lubin- who no one has heard of and they may both wind up going pro.
We could have done wonders for Kansago while he was here. I just feel bad he is going to somewhere else and will most likely barely improve in four years. Poor kid sounds like he has 15 people to support- it is a shame it did not work out at the time. We are on to bigger and better things now- wish him well.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
He seems like the PERFECT Memphis recruit.

Never mind the fact we graduate players and maintain a perfect APR.

Memphis needs a good guard who can play the point...we have lots of good forwards.

PG - Pookie Powell (four-star player)
G/F - Markel Crawford (four-star player)
G/F - Nick King (four-star player)
F - Austin Nichols (five-star player)
F - Shaq Goodwin (McDonalds All-American)
-----------------------
PG/G - Dom Magee (four-star player)
G - Damien Wilson (three-star player)
G/F - Kuran Iverson (four-star player)
G/F - Trahson Burrell (three-star player)
C - Dom Woodson (four-star player)
------transfers------
G - Avery Woodson (CC Transfer)
G/F - Chris Hawkins (CC Transfer)

EDIT: Damien Wilson is transferring
http://www.gotigersgo.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/080114aab.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online