OT: Kasongo kasongo'ed by Oregon | The Boneyard

OT: Kasongo kasongo'ed by Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
@GoodmanESPN: Oregon signee Ray Kasongo has been denied admission to the school, source told ESPN. Canadian big man back on market, should be in demand.

But he can't get into Oregon. What's next besides Marshall?

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Waquoit said:
But he can't get into Oregon. What's next besides Marshall?
LCC, perhaps?

Reaction Score
What actually happened between Kasongo and us that created the term "Kasongo'd"? It all happened in my pre boneyard days. Had he verbally committed to us?

Reaction Score
Can't seem to find anything other than Goodman's blurb.

Reaction Score
What actually happened between Kasongo and us that created the term "Kasongo'd"? It all happened in my pre boneyard days. Had he verbally committed to us?

He verballed. Then decommitted. Judging from his tweets, he and his family wanted UConn. But the school he went to in Arizona had intimate ties with Oregon. And his handlers, who were all from Toronto, as he was, were connected to that school and Oregon. It was some pseudo school called Phase 1 Academy.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't remember him committing to UConn.

I remember him committing to Oregon and then an hour later saying that he needed more time.

And then after a few days of watching a kid torture himself on Twitter, UConn clearly had moved on.

Reaction Score
Kid, do a year of Juco and then come to Storrs. You know you wanna play for Uconn and a good year of Juco would cleanse the situation .
No thanks, I wouldn't want to touch this kid with a ten foot pole. There are obviously some major issues there if he can't get in to Oregon.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
No thanks, I wouldn't want to touch this kid with a ten foot pole. There are obviously some major issues there if he can't get in to Oregon.

That's true. It does seem filthy

caw

Reaction Score
Oregons roster is a mess.

Kasongo is looking at Cal and Memphis supposedly.

caw

Reaction Score
Good grief Memphis. I think a dead snail could get into that school.

Cal? As in University of California, Berkeley or Calipari? If he couldn't get into Oregon, how would he get into Cal?

Don't know, just going off twitter on this one. Apparently someone close to him is claiming he is qualified, which makes it even more odd he couldn't get into Oregon.

Perhaps the alleged rapes have made it so Oregon admissions is less likely to give basketball recruits any leeway. Not saying Kasongo is a rapist but maybe he only has bare minimum qualifications by NCAA standards but doesn't have what Oregon normally requires an with the more intense scrutiny they aren't taking any chances. All of that's just supposition. However, if that's the case, maybe Cal is willing to pull those strings to get him in.

EDIT: sorry didn't answer your question, Cal-Berkely.

Reaction Score
Hasn't the rumor always been that he would never qualify?
Yeah, whenever people would ask recruiting analysts on twitter where Lyle would end up, JUCO was a popular response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom