OT: It's Official, the NHL always hated Hartford | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: It's Official, the NHL always hated Hartford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow, props to him for believing the impossible dream I guess.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win!

Reaction Score
As much as I wish this to be true. I believe a team would have already announced they were relocating for the upcoming season. They already created and released the schedule for the 2015-16 season.

Reaction Score
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=775295

"The deadline for filing an application and proceeding in the NHL expansion process was last night. We can confirm that we have received two applications: one from Bill Foley for a franchise in Las Vegas, Nevada, and one from Quebecor for a franchise in Quebec City, Quebec."

Reaction Score
Expansion is different than Relocation. From what I read, the relocation teams do not have the 500 million dollar expansion fee.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
The dream is alive (lol) NHL Hartford Man updated me.
Lol the upcoming season?? They're just going to uproot a franchise 2 months before the season starts?

Reaction Score
I have been a long time time reader of the boneyard and this is my first post but I thought this article was a good at putting Jeff Jacobs in Perspective.

http://www.examiner.com/article/no-nhl-expansion-for-hartford-no-kidding
I'm not a hockey fan, and I have no idea if Hartford is or is not seriously trying to bring back the Whalers, but that article reads like a 7th grader wrote it. Grammatical errors, run-on sentences, etc.

Idk who that guy is, but he doesn't come across like he knows anything about NHL expansion/relocation.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'm really trying not to hunt down every person in this thread and choke them out with my Mike Rogers jersey.

My chances for succeeding in that endeavor keep dwindling the longer this goes on.

Reaction Score
was just getting my car serviced and picked up a copy of SI - had no idea Vegas had been awarded an expansion franchise. Isn't this going to turn into yet another Coyotes disaster? Why was the vote unanimous for Vegas over Quebec City? Seems like QC would be the no-brainer. Someone sell me on hockey in Vegas, please.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
was just getting my car serviced and picked up a copy of SI - had no idea Vegas had been awarded an expansion franchise. Isn't this going to turn into yet another Coyotes disaster? Why was the vote unanimous for Vegas over Quebec City? Seems like QC would be the no-brainer. Someone sell me on hockey in Vegas, please.

I'm having a hard time with it too. I can understand the NFL in Vegas. I can even understand the NBA. But I can't understand the NHL in Vegas. And you're spot on about Quebec - although I thought I read somewhere that they are high on the list too. If there is a city on Earth that deserves a NHL team, it's Quebec. They had some absolutely dreadful teams that made UConn's football program look fairly competent and, yet, still sold out Le Collisee every night.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm having a hard time with it too. I can understand the NFL in Vegas. I can even understand the NBA. But I can't understand the NHL in Vegas. And you're spot on about Quebec - although I thought I read somewhere that they are high on the list too. If there is a city on Earth that deserves a NHL team, it's Quebec. They had some absolutely dreadful teams that made UConn's football program look fairly competent and, yet, still sold out Le Collisee every night.

It's worse than that. After stockpiling #1 overall picks, the team finally moved and promptly won the cup in Colorado in year 1. Damn that team was loaded. I felt really bad for those long suffering fans in Quebec.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I'm really trying not to hunt down every person in this thread and choke them out with my Mike Rogers jersey.

My chances for succeeding in that endeavor keep dwindling the longer this goes on.
Dash !

Reaction Score
Man, I loved The Whale. Met many players over the years and all of them were great guys. Hockey players are a different breed. Peter Karmonas and John Rowland can both rot in hell for what they did.

Reaction Score
Barry melrose and Steve Levy were asked this last fri and said very unlikely.. need a great arena already built. Not some plan to build. Vegas and Quebec have them built. Its just not happening

Reaction Score
The Vegas thing is kind of comical for the NHL. But like their teams in the south, I'm sure it's all about having more demand in that region. Plus, with the momentum moving toward legalizing more and more forms of gambling, it's likely no coincidence that three of the four major sports have teams moving there.

Quebec City is likely next in line. It's only a matter of time before they get a team back.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Man, I loved The Whale. Met many players over the years and all of them were great guys. Hockey players are a different breed. Peter Karmonas and John Rowland can both rot in hell for what they did.
And Lowell Weicker. He handed the team to the rat-tailed bastard. And in return he was put on the Compuware board of directors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom