OT - Gottlieb being Gottlieb | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT - Gottlieb being Gottlieb

Reaction Score
This is now kinda hard for me to believe after seeing his admitted college percentages, namely 46% from the line lol I think that was the one truly humbled part of his article.
Gottlieb led the country in assists his junior and senior year of college and helped take Okie State to the Elite 8. The guy could play and obviously would be way better than a bunch of 40+ year olds in a local Connecticut league.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Not piling on, but his percentages were low b/c he had a jacked shooting motion. Just pull him up on YouTube. Jamal Wilkes had an unorthodox yet smooth motion giving you the sense it was cash and that he had done it before. Gottlieb's form made you think that in his past he'd broken his arm, separated his shoulder or something.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Notwithstanding his shooting, he was a good high major D1 guard.

Reaction Score
Gottlieb led the country in assists his junior and senior year of college and helped take Okie State to the Elite 8. The guy could play and obviously would be way better than a bunch of 40+ year olds in a local Connecticut league.
So he passed the ball and his team mates hit shots

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Are we allowed to be fair? I know nothing about this story other than what Skiblets linked, but is a broadcaster/reporter a slimeball because they get a story wrong? Wouldn't we need to know whether he believed that what he said was true, and whether it was reasonable to have such a belief based on where he got the story from, to speak badly of him? Because if the standard for reporters was "be right 100% of the time," no one would ever break a story.
The standard absolutely should be being 100% right all the time. Occasionally someone might not meet that standard and they should be criticized for it. Sacrificing accuracy in the rush to be first with the story is a relatively recent thing and has eroded the standing of journalists.

It is absolutely “fair“ to criticize journalist who fall short of that standard.

CL82

Reaction Score
That's just not true as a matter of what reporting is. Sometimes even good reporters dig, and get evidence that they know is less than metaphysical proof but is enough to convince them it probably is true and the story is worth reporting, and then they turn out to be wrong. Stuff happens. If you only want reporters to report what is metaphysically true, all they will do is report what public actors tell them happened in press releases and is o.k. to report. We wouldn't have ever gotten to the bottom of Watergate, as just one example.
Yeah that’s just flat out the wrong. Journalists used to use multiple sources to validate the facts that they report. Watergate is a great example and that they didn’t go with that story until they were sure. In the event that they aren’t 100% sure they can either wait and do more digging or state that they have uncorroborated reports of an allegation. Even that is risky, but at least it’s honest. Reporting alligation as fact is a relatively recent occurrence.

CL82

Reaction Score
Seriously, what is wrong with some of you? You really can't understand the difference between defending someone and pointing out that the accuser drew a conclusion from an article that didn't support it? The only reason it's difficult is it gets back to the only reason I posted in the first place -- America seems to have decided that if you don't like someone any attack on him is valid, and if you do like someone no attack on him is valid. Truth then stops being important. Keep it up my friends, but don't be surprised when it takes our country over a cliff one day.
Aren’t you the one who is actually defending someone who wasn’t truthful? I do agree with the rest of your post. For many it seems, truth and accuracy is less important than a validation of a pre-existing opinion of someone either being “good“ or “bad“ and it absolutely is driving the country over a cliff.

Reaction Score
Yeah that’s just flat out the wrong. Journalists used to use multiple sources to validate the facts that they report. Watergate is a great example and that they didn’t go with that story until they were sure. In the event that they aren’t 100% sure they can either wait and do more digging or state that they have uncorroborated reports of an allegation. Even that is risky, but at least it’s honest. Reporting alligation as fact is a relatively recent occurrence.
I just don’t get why the dope couldn’t say something like “rumblings of tension between player and agent; difficulties with contract negotiations” rather than making definitive statements.

The guy’s ego couldn’t stop him from doing the latter.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Doug Gott-Nothing was a thief in school

Told Marcus Williams and AJ Price they had to transfer

Told Roscoe Smith to decommit because the wheels were coming of the program

Picked against us every game in the 2011 Championship run. He even picked us to lose in round one to like Bucknell, 5 games in 5 nights dontchaknow

He's as dumb as they come. Although I have no idea what he's said for over a decade now

Reaction Score

Picked against us every game in the 2011 Championship run. He even picked us to lose in round one to like Bucknell, 5 games in 5 nights dontchaknow

He's as dumb as they come. Although I have no idea what he's said for over a decade now
He also has this huge red-pill aspect of his persona, like a Diet Clay Travis

Just not a good or smart guy, period

Reaction Score

This is the only instance that I know of any tv guy recommending that a player transfer out of a program or decommit from a program. And there have been programs in a hell of lot more trouble than we were at the time.

That's why this was so outrageous. And why I hate him so much.

Reaction Score
This is the only instance that I know of any tv guy recommending that a player transfer out of a program or decommit from a program. And there have been programs in a hell of lot more trouble than we were at the time.

That's why this was so outrageous. And why I hate him so much.
He also told a kid not to commit to a HBCU and then in conversation implied that HBCU alums weren't highly thought of in real world.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom