OT Cavs Lose their cool | The Boneyard

OT Cavs Lose their cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....evin-loves-injury/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

So this looks really bad. JR smith is going to get like a 10 game suspension for this and I would not be surprised to see someone else get suspended as well. Plus they lose Love for probably the whole Chicago Series. This could be enough to sway the series especially with Derek Rose playing better. The NBA will want to make an example here, headhunting is not tolerated in Football, a impact sport, forget basketball...

Thoughts?

Reaction Score
I wonder if there will be any considerations given to the fact that the C's were just beating the hell out of them. Smith's behavior was unacceptable, but Crowder probably deserved an elbow at that point.

Reaction Score
I wonder if there will be any considerations given to the fact that the C's were just beating the hell out of them. Smith's behavior was unacceptable, but Crowder probably deserved an elbow at that point.
He deserved an elbow for what? Playing hard?

I understand retaliating against Olynyk since he's the one who supposedly injured Love on purpose (still not sure how you intentionally dislocate someone's shoulder, but that's what they're alleging happened). But the Cavs took two cheapshots at Crowder for no apparent reason.

Reaction Score
i really dont think crowder deserved that, he got knocked the out by jr smith, and who knows might have serious damage to his knee (EDIT, looks like its a bone bruise). apparently the cavs went in the locker room and decided to 'get them back' for loves injury, such bs. Love is a pansy

Joe Giza ‏@JoeGiza 4h4 hours ago
Cedric Maxwell on Sports Final last night said Cavs players told him at halftime they were going to get back at #celtics for Love injury

CDj1058UUAEwURZ.jpg

seconds before the injury courtesy of rick foxs twitter

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He deserved an elbow for what? Playing hard?

I understand retaliating against Olynyk since he's the one who supposedly injured Love on purpose (still not sure how you intentionally dislocate someone's shoulder, but that's what they're alleging happened). But the Cavs took two cheapshots at Crowder for no apparent reason.

He had literally just shoved Smith in the back like one second earlier.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
If anyone thinks for a second that Brad Stevens would have instructed his team to "muck it up" with Cleveland you are delusional. And for Love to even insinuate that Olynyk intentionally injured him is just pansy behavior.

Reaction Score
Well it sounds like at halftime this was what was talked about. Which makes it sound an awful lot like Lebron is running the team, not the Coach. I do not see any coach in this situation advocating this sort of thing since they essentially already won the series and were playing more for the next 3 weeks not the next 24 minutes. Especially in the halftime speech! Guys, they hurt Kevin, go out and hurt them back, REVENGE!

Reaction Score
And that's on the same level as an elbow to the head?

You have to be a Knicks fan.

I specifically said that what Smith did was unacceptable. I just think Crowder was being a punk.

I'm not a fan of any NBA team in particular, but the C's got chippy first in this game. I also don't think Olynyk meant to dislocate Love's shoulder, but it was a reckless play to make when he didn't have a chance at the ball. I'll give Love a pass for the insane accusation that it was intentional because, in that moment, he was probably super mad. If he pushes it going forward, then he's a crazy person.

Reaction Score
@alfonse i think it perkins running amok in the locker room, this seems like his sort of idea. enlist a simpleton like jr smith and tell him to go do something that embarrasses the game of basketball, seems legit. JR gotta be gone for the bulls series no doubt.

Reaction Score
JR Smith is done. That was literally the worst person that could have retaliated. Smith has been a dirty player for years and now this comes out after what he did to Crowder, the NBA will take pleasure making an example out of him.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
i really dont think crowder deserved that, he got knocked the out by jr smith, and who knows might have serious damage to his knee (EDIT, looks like its a bone bruise). apparently the cavs went in the locker room and decided to 'get them back' for loves injury, such bs. Love is a pansy

Joe Giza ‏@JoeGiza 4h4 hours ago
Cedric Maxwell on Sports Final last night said Cavs players told him at halftime they were going to get back at #celtics for Love injury

CDj1058UUAEwURZ.jpg

seconds before the injury courtesy of rick foxs twitter

Guess Love also is guilty of a "Bush League" play. LOL Such a joke. It was a play that happens almost all the time with one guy holding the other guys arm so they can't get to the ball. Just happened that his should popped out on this one. Really just a freak occurrence. For him to call out another player for something like this seems to me what is "Bush League".

Reaction Score
Guess Love also is guilty of a "Bush League" play. LOL Such a joke. It was a play that happens almost all the time with one guy holding the other guys arm so they can't get to the ball. Just happened that his should popped out on this one. Really just a freak occurrence. For him to call out another player for something like this seems to me what is "Bush League".

It's not the same thing that normally happens. That's pretty common on a box-out. When Olynyk grabbed Love's arm and twisted it, Love was running away from him. It's not unpredictable at all that this results in injury, and it was an incredibly reckless play on Olynyk's part. Again, I don't think he planned to hurt Love, but he sure didn't show a lot of concern's for Love's health.

Reaction Score
If anyone thinks for a second that Brad Stevens would have instructed his team to "muck it up" with Cleveland you are delusional. And for Love to even insinuate that Olynyk intentionally injured him is just pansy behavior.

I think Olnyk intentionally grabbed his arm but a second before you could see Love intentionally grab Olnyk's arm, and when his elbow hyperextended, you could actually see Olnyk wince in pain, then he grabbed Love's arm in retaliation.

A shove to the back among people in the lane is called fighting for position. Everyone does it, and it's rarely called (unless you're Brimah, or else playing Duke).

Reaction Score
It's not the same thing that normally happens. That's pretty common on a box-out. When Olynyk grabbed Love's arm and twisted it, Love was running away from him. It's not unpredictable at all that this results in injury, and it was an incredibly reckless play on Olynyk's part. Again, I don't think he planned to hurt Love, but he sure didn't show a lot of concern's for Love's health.

This is ridiculous. If there was a record of Olynyk being a dirty player then maybe this holds some water but there isn't so it has absolutely no merit whatsoever. JR Smith on the other hand is an all around dirty player and has been for years. He got in three separate incidents during this series alone. First he refused to tuck in his jersey when the referees told him too and then preceded to run full speed into a pick setter and send him hurling to the ground the play after. The next game he comes in late after a hard foul on Lebron and shoves Jae Crowder in the back. Now this game he hauls back and whacks Crowder in the face and sends him to the ground crumpling his knee. JR Smith is a disgrace to entire NBA.

Reaction Score
JR Smith has always been a huge idiot, yesterday I heard everyone saying a single game, I think he should get anywhere from 5-10. He's a moron but it would be a big loss for the Cavs.

Reaction Score
This is ridiculous. If there was a record of Olynyk being a dirty player then maybe this holds some water but there isn't so it has absolutely no merit whatsoever. JR Smith on the other hand is an all around dirty player and has been for years. He got in three separate incidents during this series alone. First he refused to tuck in his jersey when the referees told him too and then preceded to run full speed into a pick setter and send him hurling to the ground the play after. The next game he comes in late after a hard foul on Lebron and shoves Jae Crowder in the back. Now this game he hauls back and whacks Crowder in the face and sends him to the ground crumpling his knee. JR Smith is a disgrace to entire NBA.

I don't know what you're having so much trouble with. I specifically said that I don't think Olynyk deliberately hurt Love. I said that he made a reckless play on a ball he had no chance on, and that an injury there isn't unpredictable. Olynyk is responsible for being reckless and injuring someone. That's not the same thing as saying he tried to hurt a guy.

Reaction Score
I don't know what you're having so much trouble with. I specifically said that I don't think Olynyk deliberately hurt Love. I said that he made a reckless play on a ball he had no chance on, and that an injury there isn't unpredictable. Olynyk is responsible for being reckless and injuring someone. That's not the same thing as saying he tried to hurt a guy.

He would have had a play on it if Kevin Love wasn't shoving him away with an outstretched arm. Which just so happened to be the arm that got dislocated. No one to blame but Kevin, calling out another player is childish.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Huh? That was a dirty play by Olynyk and the guy ended up injured.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Huh? That was a dirty play by Olynyk and the guy ended up injured.

I think you're confusing dirty with, as someone else stated above, reckless. Love essentially did the same exact thing a split second earlier that could have just as easily injured Olynyk. To then call a player out like that after the game is bush league.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
I used to think Kevin Love was a pretty respectful and versatile player but after his whiny, childish ways yesterday he should get no respect anymore. He's whining so much for sympathy you would have thought he played at Duke...

Guess playing hard is a crime in the NBA these days if you're not the "favorite" team...

Reaction Score
He would have had a play on it if Kevin Love wasn't shoving him away with an outstretched arm. Which just so happened to be the arm that got dislocated. No one to blame but Kevin, calling out another player is childish.
I don't think Olynyk was trying to hurt him but it was pretty clearly a reckless play by Olynyk, he wasn't making any sort of play on the ball.

Reaction Score
Didn't Dwade do the same thing to Rondo, if the roles were reversed the Celtics would be singing a different tune. I thought it was a retaliatory move for Olynyk but by no means do I think it was intentional but it was dirty but happens. I can't blame the Cavs for reacting the way they did, I thought what Perkins did was one thing he is that type of player you need in that situation, JR is an idiot an all world talent but for brains.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think you're confusing dirty with, as someone else stated above, reckless...
I consider them the same thing. I go back to when John Starks took out Kenny Anderson. After the act is done, everyone insists there was no intent to injure. But when you do that junk, not injuring the guy is pretty much up to luck.

Reaction Score
The refs blew this game. JR Smith was dead wrong, but he won't get 10 games. The Olynyk play was just as dirty. Sure he didn't think "I am going to dislocate his shoulder." but that damn sure wasn't a basketball play.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman