Oriakhi vs. Louisville on NBCSN Right Now | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Oriakhi vs. Louisville on NBCSN Right Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I know he doesn't have a lot of fans here, but I've always liked Pitino as a coach. And I really like his team this year. They are going to be tough to beat. Tomorrow night should be very interesting.

Reaction Score
Yup those comments by Donny were a little strange. I was surprised to see Leitao is an asst with Missouri. I didnt know that

Reaction Score
I wish Oriakhi well. Nothing against him. He did help us win the NC in 2011. A primadonna mentality backfires, anyway.

Reaction Score
The problem with judging frontcourt shots vs backcourt shots is that when the frontcourt guy fumbles the ball, they don't get credit for a shot. Or if he doesn't show much of a move and gets bottled up and has to kick the ball out, that's a shot he didn't take that was supposed to be his.

As a big, you keep making plays, you keep getting the ball (and if you do it often enough, you get double teams and the whole offense opens up). If you don't make plays when the ball comes to you, then you don't get the ball. And you know how you respond? You go get yourself a couple boards, block a shot or two and/or run the floor to prove you deserve the ball again. It might not be fair, but it is a guard's game, so as a big you have to earn the right to have the ball in your hands, whereas a Napier or Boatright can be a trainwreck, but the offense still has to start with them having the ball.

We lost a lot of games last year and I am pretty sure that not once did I ever think "man, they couldn't handle Alex - he should have gotten the ball more." Maybe that happened and I forgot, but it couldn't have been much. I really don't dislike Alex - although it probably sounds like I do here (I feel he had every right to leave with us ineligible) - but he just wasn't very productive over a 40-game season with ample opportunity.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
You go on Twitter and blast the coaching staff.

Touche!

If I'm going to have a sad about not having one of our bigs back this year, it'll be for Drummond. Small sample size, but he's shooting 68 percent from the floor in the NBA right now. Alex is shooting 41 percent at Missouri.

Reaction Score
Kemba was a good distributor...Bazz, not so much last season.

I wouldn't pass the ball to a stiff either....black hole, no hands, can't pass it and never got solid position so who's fault is they didn't get the ball????:eek:

Reaction Score
The guy is rebounding the ball this year for another team, fighting for boards something we did not see last year at all.........that should tell you all you need to know about the guy. He didn't play hard, never left everything on the court, jogged back on D and whined like a little girl last year. The least he could have done was rebound the ball last year and he elected not to why?.....because they didn't get him the ball much? BS on that.........again nothing but a piece of crap!!!!

Reaction Score
A lot of you now see why Celtics fans are cringing at the thought of Donny being their next color commentator. (This is to say nothing of Tommy Heinsohn who Celtic fans just sort of go along with because he is a lifelong Celtic.)

Reaction Score
A lot of you now see why Celtics fans are cringing at the thought of Donny being their next color commentator. (This is to say nothing of Tommy Heinsohn who Celtic fans just sort of go along with because he is a lifelong Celtic.)

As a C's fan I have always had a tough time listening to Tommy Points as his homerism is beyond pathetic......but it is amusing. Donny has to be better at this point although it's nice to have the ex-Celtic there for as long as he has.......How about Cornbread?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If by "lucky", you mean one of the best players in the Final Four, I agree with you.
Absolutely.

Kid was beast in the Final Four, and a critical part of us winning it.

Reaction Score
Absolutely.

Kid was beast in the Final Four, and a critical part of us winning it.

No argument there at all. We don't win without him.

If somehow last season could have been closer to a fender-bender than a train wreck, we wouldn't have mixed emotions. 2000 was a fender-bender, so Khalid, Free and Jake maintain lofty status. 2001 was a train wreck, so Albie and Ed Saunders lost some of theirs.

Even Jeremy Lamb has lost some of his for last year and what he did as a freshman in tournament pressure should have left him in permanent rarified air.

Reaction Score
If by "lucky", you mean one of the best players in the Final Four, I agree with you.
Amazing how quickly people have forgotten that. I believe he was also second in offensive boards in the Beast that season. I hate that he quit on the team, but it had to be frustrating as hell to get ripped for lack of production while watching your guards wildly jack up shot after shot.

Reaction Score
No argument there at all. We don't win without him.

If somehow last season could have been closer to a fender-bender than a train wreck, we wouldn't have mixed emotions. 2000 was a fender-bender, so Khalid, Free and Jake maintain lofty status. 2001 was a train wreck, so Albie and Ed Saunders lost some of theirs.

Even Jeremy Lamb has lost some of his for last year and what he did as a freshman in tournament pressure should have left him in permanent rarified air.

Lamb gets a pass from me as he grew up his freshman year and he played well his soph. year unlike others. Never bitched, took the heat and stayed off twitter.......the FF is a memory for Kemba and Jeremy not for the others. You lose all credibility coming back a worst player than the year before and trying to blame the coaching staff. As far as I can remember he never wore that uniform, the memories of the man is for everyone's personal preference and I respect that. My memory is 6/5, twitter/mumu, sulking, know-it-all dad, dropping passes and then getting beat by his guy back on defense because he's arguing.....those are mine of the man/boy......

Reaction Score
The guy is rebounding the ball this year for another team, fighting for boards something we did not see last year at all.........that should tell you all you need to know about the guy. He didn't play hard, never left everything on the court, jogged back on D and whined like a little girl last year. The least he could have done was rebound the ball last year and he elected not to why?.....because they didn't get him the ball much? BS on that.........again nothing but a piece of crap!!!!

You sound completely and totally unhinged when it comes to Oriakhi. Just an absolute lunatic, like he did something to you personally. You have also lost any sense of reality in terms of how he played last year.

Mau : Oriakhi :: Huskymaniac : Kentucky

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Lamb gets a pass from me as he grew up his freshman year and he played well his soph. year unlike others. Never bitched, took the heat and stayed off twitter.......the FF is a memory for Kemba and Jeremy not for the others. You lose all credibility coming back a worst player than the year before and trying to blame the coaching staff. As far as I can remember he never wore that uniform, the memories of the man is for everyone's personal preference and I respect that. My memory is 6/5, twitter/mumu, sulking, know-it-all dad, dropping passes and then getting beat by his guy back on defense because he's arguing.....those are mine of the man/boy......

I'm not gonna lie. Twitter can really be a team-chemistry killer.

Reaction Score
You sound completely and totally unhinged when it comes to Oriakhi. Just an absolute lunatic, like he did something to you personally. You have also lost any sense of reality in terms of how he played last year.

Mau : Oriakhi :: Huskymaniac : Kentucky

Lost my reality in how he played? That's hilarious......did he play better than what I saw? Because if you think so you're totally "unhinged" in basketball intelligence......

And you are right, he ruined a full year of UConn basketball so I have it our for the kid.....I am a fan of the ids who are proud to have played for Coach JC and wear the uni....those who mock it become irrelevant.......

Reaction Score

Hey mau, are we really going to be subjected to a steady diet of this nonsense all season long? I'm with you. Alex Oriakhi was a self-centered, disloyal s.o.b. which should surprise no one given the stellar advice he got and the public comments made by his father. I'm glad Kevin Ollie took a jab at him after the Michigan State game. This program was built by JC and by players who were committed to the name on the front of the jersey; and, despite the fact that he has a ring, I will NEVER view him with any respect or acknowledge any contributions he made. And I really resent some of the comments here(and by that ego freak Donny Marshall) essentially indicting JC's coaching style. "Never got the ball." ???!!! Give me a freakin' break! What would his(Oriakhi's) excuse be this year, playing with Bazz and Boat? His father would just being trashing Kevin for God knows what. Pathetic!!!

GO HUSKIES!!! BEAT THE SEAWOLVES!!!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If you were a big in Calhoun's system you got the ball if you were good and could score. I.E Emeka Okafor, Donyell Marshall, Jeff Adrien, and even a little Josh Boone/Villanueva. If you coughed up the ball or fumbled it because you were tweeting, then you have no right to complain.

Reaction Score
Uconn can lose to Louiville like Mizzou by 23 without AO's help, he played 30 minutes last year and helped Uconn to a 21 point loss. He looked just as stiff and poor ball handler and complainer as with Uconn. Having AO would kill any ball movement inside/out - he cannot catch/pass.

Reaction Score
Uconn can lose to Louiville like Mizzou by 23 without AO's help, he played 30 minutes last year and helped Uconn to a 21 point loss. He looked just as stiff and poor ball handler and complainer as with Uconn. Having AO would kill any ball movement inside/out - he cannot catch/pass.

Love the Bogey,Bacall & Marilyn pic! Those were the days.........

Reaction Score
Hey mau, are we really going to be subjected to a steady diet of this nonsense all season long? I'm with you. Alex Oriakhi was a self-centered, disloyal s.o.b. which should surprise no one given the stellar advice he got and the public comments made by his father. I'm glad Kevin Ollie took a jab at him after the Michigan State game. This program was built by JC and by players who were committed to the name on the front of the jersey; and, despite the fact that he has a ring, I will NEVER view him with any respect or acknowledge any contributions he made. And I really resent some of the comments here(and by that ego freak Donny Marshall) essentially indicting JC's coaching style. "Never got the ball." ???!!! Give me a freakin' break! What would his(Oriakhi's) excuse be this year, playing with Bazz and Boat? His father would just being trashing Kevin for God knows what. Pathetic!!!

I guess so Hoops1.........I would prefer not to discuss him and probably should just ignore this stuff but I just have a huge problem hearing his name when being compared to what this year's team is doing........and any fan should too.........even seeing him suddenly throw up better numbers on the boards tells you all you need to know about his lack of character last year..........if nothing more is discussed with his name I'm fine.........if someone wishes he was still here or "we could have used AO" I'm back......LOL;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom