Oriakhi vs. Louisville on NBCSN Right Now | The Boneyard

Oriakhi vs. Louisville on NBCSN Right Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I'm conflicted. I don't like Oriakhi, and the last week has made me not like Louisville anymore.

Oriakhi with a great goaltend just now.

Reaction Score
the russ smith/phil pressey matchup has been great to watch thus far

MattMang23

Reaction Score
That's been fun. Lots of running at the beginning of the half.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
AO still can't hit a free throw, but he has looked strong on the offensive glass a couple times tonight.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry I tuned in after reading this thread.

"UConn could simply not find a way to help Oriakhi succeed like he's doing now."

"Now you see what Oriakhi can do when he has a point guard like Pressey. Many point guards around the country only look to score. Pressey however is a great passer."

Ugh.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Lol and that's our man Donny Marshall on those quotes.

Reaction Score
he's actually been killing from the stripe this year, it was helping offset that he was putting up really subpar shooting numbers from the field. i was wondering when he would come back to earth in that regard, i guess that time is now.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Turned it on in the second half. Donny Marshall saying over and over that UConn did not get AO the ball, did not set him up to succeed. From what I have seen, Alex is playing pretty well. Catching the ball well, made a couple of dunks, one block out of bounds. He drove the ball into the lane from the left side, kind of crashing in and putting up a line drive sort of hook shot that banged around and went in. He just missed a bunny, too far under the basket. Louisville looking very good.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
He looks absolutely huge compared to our front court.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

"UConn could simply not find a way to help Oriakhi succeed like he's doing now."

"Now you see what Oriakhi can do when he has a point guard like Pressey. Many point guards around the country only look to score. Pressey however is a great passer."

Ugh.
Lol and that's our man Donny Marshall on those quotes.

Haven't seen any of the game; just tuning in now. Did Donny really say that stuff?

Rooting for Louisville in any event.

Reaction Score

Ugh.
That second quote is spot on.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
He looks absolutely huge compared to our front court.
Totally agree. Looks like he should be an all-star based on his body alone. But still doesn't seem to deliver on that promise.

Can't believe Siva is still in college. Seen too much of him already.

Reaction Score
That second quote is spot on.

I seem to remember our guards feeding Alex. I mean, Napier only played 15 minutes a game tops his freshman year. Kemba was an excellent distributor. Heck, he gets 7 or 8 assists in the NBA.

Reaction Score
What had Oriakhi done to demonstrate that he should be fed the ball in the halfcourt offense?
We'll never know because our guards were allergic to passing last year. Count the games our back court had twice as many shots as our front court.

Reaction Score
I seem to remember our guards feeding Alex. I mean, Napier only played 15 minutes a game tops his freshman year. Kemba was an excellent distributor. Heck, he gets 7 or 8 assists in the NBA.
Kemba was a good distributor...Bazz, not so much last season.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
This is a better situation for Alex. Lower expectations and longer leash. He'll enjoy himself much more there, and he won't be and make others miserable here.

Love Donny,but he seems inappropriate and unprofessional as an announcer.

caw

Reaction Score

I'm with you, I don't dislike Alex, but the guy is 19/39 this year, including his current 7/10 game. That's about his average, if not a tad lower than his soph/jr years.

He has been doing a better job of rebounding and getting to the foul line, a lot of which are hustle.

Reaction Score
From what I watched of the game, AO looked to be moving with some intent. That was his biggest problem last year @ UCONN. Anytime he would get the ball, we would curl up in the fetal position and then complain about not getting a call. If he had been more assertive, he would have gotten the rock more.

I will have a very hard time rooting for him this year despite me understanding his supposed reason for leaving. Not that he cares, but legacy has been ruined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom