Open Practice Discussion | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Open Practice Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sure, he was very close. That is if you want to overlook the 10 points per game he was off when he predicted 16 :)

I'm pretty sure he said he could average 16 points a game and heck, he could have if he played 30-35 minutes right? If he was a focal point he could have right?

Not "overlooking 10 pts a game" but I believe you are overlooking the fact hyper think said he would make an impact and tell me he was wrong? And please, don;t let the numbers get in your way of answering!

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Kromah, for a small stretch, was the 2nd best player on the team and everybody was apologizing to hyperthink. People forget because Kromah pretty much shrank in the tourney
He did have a couple of clutch free throws, if I recall.
If only James Young could defend every play.

Reaction Score
No I don't--I talk about him being a type of Dejuan Blair type(as in double double with 1.5 blocks) when he is a finished product--a guy that at an athletic 6-7 265 will be able to put his will on the game. I think people who keep saying 2 star player/wasnt recruited are much farther of than me. It sounds like Lubin is ALREADY our best potential rebounder and he has not played one game. He's going to play and contribute right away-- and hes the type of player other teams will come to fear. It's hard to match up with a guy at that size--thats what made Blair so tough. In a year or two he will be one of the top players on this team and will help contribute this year right away.

Your enthusiasm is awesome but there are just a few things that are off putting about your constant praise of Roc. Firs, let's just shelve putting Dejuan Blair anywhere in the conversation when discussing Lubin right now, the kid hasn't played a single minute of college bball. So far we're going on nothing but reports from a few sources on practice, one of which said he's doing well at rebounding and missing wide open lay ups. I think he's got the size and it seems like he has the right attitude, but we really don't know anything beyond that. Saying he'll contribute right away, that other teams will fear him, or that he's the best potential rebounder on a team with a probable future NBA center is stretching it at this point, and I think forecasting such lofty expectations is what's brought on some of the backlash from the board. Let's wait and see how things shake out and shelve the hyperbole for a bit.

Reaction Score
I have heard a lot of talk about Cassell's game being an "old man's game" and I think that is spot on. He is a point guard version of Paul Pierce, he is able to lull defender's with his dribbling then knock down a three. Another thing that surprised me was Facey's athletic ability, he has very good body control for a player his size and does have a nice shooting stroke. Also, Brimah seems to be developing a good mid range game which should be a scary thing for opponents. Hamilton impressed me a lot, he really lives up to the top tier recruit label. I did find something interest was that in Calhoun's place was who I'm almost positive is Dan Guest who I've heard associated with UConn numerous times. He actually held his own, except for when he turned down an open jump shot and got reamed by Ollie. Overall, this team has the pieces to be special.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My biggest takeaway from the practice is that Amida Brimah is not human. (Yes, he blocked that shot)
Crimeny he looks like he'd still be blocking shots if they raised the hoop a foot and half.

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
My biggest takeaway from the practice is that Amida Brimah is not human. (Yes, he blocked that shot)
7289-a4c51e4d46e2bfe648261dd684849895.jpg

That's just insane.
7289-a4c51e4d46e2bfe648261dd684849895.jpg

ctchamps

Reaction Score
The funny thing is Hyperthink was correct about how good Kromah was as a player (he was really good), he just had no concept of how much playing time it would take for Kromah to put up the stats he was predicting, and no grasp of the fact that we had many other talented players that would prevent him from ever playing the minutes necessary to put up those predicted stats.
This! But Hyperthink was closer with his prediction about Lasan than 99% of this forum who thought he would be a bench warmer. There was a lot of crow eating!

Reaction Score
any of you dudes play serious organized hoops?

if so then your opinion takes on more value

i was shooting guard; i have seen playas in game action close up and personal

rockski has IT

instincts are excellent, good passer; he does not think game b/c he does not have to
check his nonverbal cues the next practice
he has supreme confidence and is humble (he knowz he good; he does not need anyone to tell him that)
when you take a long drive: who gets behind wheel; wifey or youz

only the dude with big game takes wheel if you want desired outcome

rockski will take the wheel b/c he dee veri reel deel

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I watched him play a full game against tough competition and he was by far the best player on the court. You can say a few times where he takes the ball from the three pt line and makes moves into the basket. He's got game beyond being a really big dude. He physically is overwhelming--hes simply going to overwhelm guys because he's 6-7 265. When you are an athletic 6-7 265 and you can play--just do the math--you have few peers of your own size. I'm not being a rocket scientist or going out on a limb saying a guy that big and athletic will be good.

Ya but, you are comparing him to a consensus First Team All American.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

That's nonsense. Former NBA players do not necessarily make better analysts (despite what TV Execs think). If you are smart, observant, understand the game, and most importantly, watch a lot of CBB, your opinion is worth listening to. Oh and it also helps if you aren't a total wet blanket.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Undersized PF with beef.......Check
A straight athlete.....Check
A bully on the boards........Check
Born & raised in Alabama.....Check

Ya guys didn't know?
Rock is our very own Round Mound of Rebound.... Charles Barkley:eek:

Reaction Score
rockski will toy with pseudo conf frontlines

employ you serious powers of observation if you gotz any

its obvious you dudettes do not no whats to looks for

scrap geronimo, day nose

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Undersized PF with beef..Check
A straight athlete.....Check
A bully on the boards...Check
Born & raised in Alabama.....Check

Ya guys didn't know?
Rock is our very own Round Mound of Rebound.... Charles Barkley:eek:
Wait does that mean he will always embarass himself picking against us?

Reaction Score
rockski will toy with pseudo conf frontlines

employ you serious powers of observation if you gotz any

its obvious you dudettes do not no whats to looks for

scrap geronimo, day nose

I'll be honest, I seriously hate your posts. I cringe whenever there's a new one, and I feel like they're getting more and more insufferable, so I hate myself for even pointing this out, but you've never even seen the dude play a competitive game. How can you possibly be going on and on about whether he has "it" based on your experience watching "playas"?

caw

Reaction Score
So the 3 people highest on Rock right now are Chap, Scrappy, and Chief. Yikes

SouthTampaBill must like him also...

He did have a couple of clutch free throws, if I recall.
If only James Young could defend every play.

Ollie straight up abused James Young. Whoever he was defending was attacking.

ctchamps

Reaction Score

i was shooting guard; i have seen playas in game action close up and personal

rockski has IT

instincts are excellent, good passer; he does not think game b/c he does not have to
check his nonverbal cues the next practice
he has supreme confidence and is humble (he knowz he good; he does not need anyone to tell him that)
when you take a long drive: who gets behind wheel; wifey or youz

only the dude with big game takes wheel if you want desired outcome

rockski will take the wheel b/c he dee veri reel deel
you mensa, you shooting guard, you credentialed, you spect credentialed, you pect useself most, you write small letters, you small man on campus, you like big man on campus!

GOT IT!

Reaction Score
Chap seems to be pretty big on The Rock as well. Yesterday he made a post about how Rock was a "HUGE Get" and then went on to talk about how overrated burger boys were as he always does.
Or he was just ordering lunch. Hard to decipher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32