Open Practice Discussion | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Open Practice Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Glen Miller is wearing long pants.. No socks to see today :(
What was the atmosphere like among the students? Were people engrossed?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Wait does that mean he will always embarass himself picking against us?

Every year, my eyes light up when Charles does this. You can damn near book a championship on it.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'll be honest, I seriously hate your posts. I cringe whenever there's a new one, and I feel like they're getting more and more insufferable, so I hate myself for even pointing this out, but you've never even seen the dude play a competitive game. How can you possibly be going on and on about whether he has "it" based on your experience watching "playas"?

Chap was a shooting guard dude. Saw 'playas' in game-action, close up and personal like. Goes with the territory.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
rocky walkie talkie blockie

go hard to the hole; bound and rebound very sound; loud and disassemble

att; itt; cousin it, adams family style; all over your ivy league suit

esp, espn, new age sportcenter; highlight mega jamma.

I agree with you on very few points Pal, but this was hilarious.

It reminded me of this scene:

Reaction Score
What was the atmosphere like among the students? Were people engrossed?
i mean it was a practice we were all just watching..not too much going on unless there was a nice dunk/block

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
This! But Hyperthink was closer with his prediction about Lasan than 99% of this forum who thought he would be a bench warmer. There was a lot of crow eating!

Kromah was good offensively and Hyperthink, who had a personal connection to Kromah, was overstated in his praise for Kromah on offense. Kromah's key contributions last season wound up being worth 16 points a game between his offensive capability and his role as a lock down defender.

Kromah's defense was worth more than his offense. There was a lot of crow eating, but end of the day Kromah was as valuable as Hyperthink thought he'd be - just on the opposite of the court. Was that what you were trying to say Mau?

Reaction Score
Kromah, for a small stretch, was the 2nd best player on the team and everybody was apologizing to hyperthink. People forget because Kromah pretty much shrank in the tourney
not his length on defense.... He was key on the court without the ball in his hands last season in the tourney...

Reaction Score
The Contra is also true ... By definition.

Rakim might actually be that good. You are disbelievers ... I understand. But, since we have not seen him against true stiff competition in a reasonably few good situations, you don't know. We obviously have enough to give a judgment on Kromah. I'm saying you can pushback ... But the Lubin evaluation MIGHT be true.

Reaction Score
The Contra is also true ... By definition.

Rakim might actually be that good. You are disbelievers ... I understand. But, since we have not seen him against true stiff competition in a reasonably few good situations, you don't know. We obviously have enough to give a judgment on Kromah. I'm saying you can pushback ... But the Lubin evaluation MIGHT be true.

It might be, but that seems incredibly unlikely. Scouts aren't infallible, but they're right more often than they're wrong, and not many were in on Lubin.

Reaction Score
No I don't--I talk about him being a type of Dejuan Blair type(as in double double with 1.5 blocks) when he is a finished product--a guy that at an athletic 6-7 265 will be able to put his will on the game. I think people who keep saying 2 star player/wasnt recruited are much farther of than me. It sounds like Lubin is ALREADY our best potential rebounder and he has not played one game. He's going to play and contribute right away-- and hes the type of player other teams will come to fear. It's hard to match up with a guy at that size--thats what made Blair so tough. In a year or two he will be one of the top players on this team and will help contribute this year right away.
No offense but Lubin is barely 6'5 and is a long way from being compared to Blair . The good thing is he is a 4 year player that can develop but offensively he is very limited. That will be seen soon. I hope I'm wrong but I dont believe so.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Come on now, he's written some great Hilton Armstrong articles lately.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
any of you dudes play serious organized hoops?

if so then your opinion takes on more value

i was shooting guard; i have seen playas in game action close up and personal

rockski has IT

instincts are excellent, good passer; he does not think game b/c he does not have to
check his nonverbal cues the next practice
he has supreme confidence and is humble (he knowz he good; he does not need anyone to tell him that)
when you take a long drive: who gets behind wheel; wifey or youz

only the dude with big game takes wheel if you want desired outcome

rockski will take the wheel b/c he dee veri reel deel

Dude on peyote thinks he can talk down to people because he played ball with peach baskets...

Reaction Score
rocky walkie talkie blockie

go hard to the hole; bound and rebound very sound; loud and disassemble

att; itt; cousin it, adams family style; all over your ivy league suit

esp, espn, new age sportcenter; highlight mega jamma.

! where did you learn to speak chaupvilaug? Can you translate his posts for us from now on?

Reaction Score

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Dude on peyote thinks he can talk down to people because he played ball with peach baskets...
I like my current signature but if I didn't this would be my new one.

Reaction Score
No offense but Lubin is barely 6'5 and is a long way from being compared to Blair . The good thing is he is a 4 year player that can develop but offensively he is very limited. That will be seen soon. I hope I'm wrong but I dont believe so.

What is this thing where people insist that only certain guys are significantly shorter than their listed heights? Yes, a 6'7" listed height probably means he's actual 6'5". What's your point?

Reaction Score
Yeah but you know he was more than capable of getting 14-16 a game. Had the fortitude to be a role player. Then became a starter and had big offensive games against 4he likes of Washington state and memphis. Took the starting spot. Lost it, but they say its not about how u start it about how you finish. And he finished last season by scoring the last two poinnts of thre season to clinch the championship. Btw he won yhe all star game mvp and the slam dunk contest

Reaction Score
Someone said he would average 16 a game!? lol
That was me. 14-16 to be exact. Was wrong on that n but not on his impact. He average s 17 over there in Europe. All star game mvp and slam dunk champ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom