Ollie?? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ollie??

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
So on the football board we have talent but we don't have coaching. On basketball board we have coaching but we don't have talent. What a situation we find ourselves in...

Well, I don't know much about football, or at least not enough to evaluate talent. On the basketball side, I think there is talent, but it's not the same level as the past 10 years or so. I don't think you can look at UConn's roster and say, he's def. going to be a lottery pick.

Reaction Score
I also think that although I am defending Ollie a lot, it's too early to say he's a top notch coach. He still has to grow on the job, but I think he's already shown by beating Izzo with two guards and a pu-pu platter that the potential is there. We play hard, our defense is consistently very good, and the offense comes and goes (against everyone) - that's a reasonable expectation with this roster.

Reaction Score
Husky Dad,

Forget it. Doesn't matter what actually happens. The official position of the boneyard, which may not be violated, is this "Ollie is doing a great job." Other rules you must abide by include:
Recruits love Ollie. But they won't come to UConn because he only has a 1 year deal. so when he whiffs with a recruit it is Warde Manuel's fault.
Jim Calhoun bears no responsibility for the current state of the program.
The NCAA is out to get UConn.

Do not under any circumstances violate these rules.

I actually have been talked for about 14 hours now for posting this. For the dbags who actually commented on my kids you should undergo psychiatric treatment. For those of you who commented when drinking and wanted to kick my ass, forget it I will concede, not because I am afraid but I dont take this that seriously although I do love it. For my background, I am short, 5-8. I come from a big family of brothers. They are all taller so I quickly figured out basketball was not my game to play at any level beyond recreation. That said, I have coached high school ball as an assistant at a good program, all ages for my boys teams and was an assistant coach doing recruiting for a D3 program, I have coached, reffed, run stat books and carried water bottles for probably 25 teams. I want Ollie to be successful. I know we dont have all the talent we need to be what we have come to expect the last 10 years but I would expect better rebounding, good defense and more passing then I am seeing. I think Warde/UConn should have offered Ollie a 3 year deal to start with and if he was terrible, fire him.

Reaction Score
Husky Dad,

Forget it. Doesn't matter what actually happens. The official position of the boneyard, which may not be violated, is this "Ollie is doing a great job." Other rules you must abide by include:
Recruits love Ollie. But they won't come to UConn because he only has a 1 year deal. so when he whiffs with a recruit it is Warde Manuel's fault.
Jim Calhoun bears no responsibility for the current state of the program.
The NCAA is out to get UConn.

Do not under any circumstances violate these rules.

Obviously you're absurd and had they won last night you'd be nowhere to be found until the next loss. You're the worst kind of "fan" and that's universally acknowledged here. But even someone as hopelessly myopic as you would have to admit that the talent on the roster is going to have something to do with whether they win or lose, and that the talent on this roster is meager, at best, compared to most years.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

the sick vision from a bball only team. he feels entilted to the $ fball schools bring in the tv contracts for the league so he wants to say nice things becuase its better for providence if uconn is around. providence! cooley is already pulling dirty on the trail. i'm in the local gyms and see it. hes just like evry other big time coach accept hes at a disadvantage becuase his papers say providence on them. he will be a good coach for you guys but we at uconn dont give a , and wish nothing but bombs to your city.

Reaction Score

Love the history of Providence basketball. Joey Hassett was my favorite Friar of all time. Loved his shooting stroke and tried to emulate it as a kid (didn't work that well hahahaha). Of course also loved Joey Whelton back in those days. Time flies but the memories never fade.

Good luck to your team. Hopefully the rivalry will never end.

Reaction Score
Not really loving what I am seeing. Kids seem off and not sharp. Is this what we are signing up to?

On a side note. I will celebrate when Dickie V is no longer. He has ruined so many basketball games.

You know so little it's actually shocking, you should consider taking some time off from posting

caw

Reaction Score

Pretty sure almost any coach at a BE school has pulled something that could be considered "dirty."

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
after i fight warde one of these days in the parrking lot behind the xl, i want your ass next. i'm 5'9 180 and i am the nastiest mother ****er under the moon with a couple shots and a pissed off attitude.
down, boy

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

wrong, i play at a local gym weekly with kids and old guys. i see stuff that u think only dirty coaches do an not your inocent cooley man. my older cuz played for him at . i'm not a idiot either. i went to prep. i know the in and outs of that gym and the other local ones unlike most. i played with craig before hs and have been in gyms when local kids are getting workouts. the truth is cooley is working very closely with the cbc trying to capture local kids tat are at or below uconns level. hes 100% after a big guy in ct and hes pulling every chain possible. there are certain kids in the local gyms wearing providence pennys all of a sudden. they must have bought those i guess...your a jackass that has nothing to talk about. i'm a jackass becuse i have a lot to talk about. see the difference. stay on your scout board. i know its tuff becuase u only have 15 guys who are everyday posters there but your just going to have to live in the reality of what providence bball is and will be. a very good mid major program who will get a lot of local kids but never return to greatness program wise. your going to have a nice big guy in the 2014 class on your hands, but you and the 14 other fans will soon find out how u landed him by checking your roster opening night. clown on bro. s my d all day. btw next time u see cooley, ask him who paid for a certain team in north east ct's nike 2 tone sneaks for this fall as a thank u/stay in contact. dont be scared, ask him......heres the last gem for u. s my d again.

Reaction Score
Well, I don't know much about football, or at least not enough to evaluate talent. On the basketball side, I think there is talent, but it's not the same level as the past 10 years or so. I don't think you can look at UConn's roster and say, he's def. going to be a lottery pick.

I don't disagree with you, I'm just saying these are uncertain times

Reaction Score
Except for Bazz and Boat the other starters are our bench players if this is a normal year. Our depth(or lack of) has to play significant time.
We take the court shorthanded every game.

I think the effort that KO is getting out of this team is great. They beat MSU and took NC State to the wire.

No fan should be disaapointed in this effort.

Bottom line: SIGN KO NOW !!!!!

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Trust me, Ollie ain't the problem. Anyone can see that.
Even a poker pro can't win with a bad hand.
Actually, the best poker pros do win with a bad hand - that's what make them pros. If it was the best hand that won every time, poker would be a boring game and eventually the money would just even out. The fact that they can make money with bad hands is why they are the top pros.

I kinda get where you were going, but your analogy is flawed. Bad poker examples bug me like movies that show football games with the clock continuing to run after a kickoff is finished....

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
lol When has Prep ever won anything?

what does prep winning have anything to do with this? i would have to bet that if u go to a hs in ct then prep has won more state ships then yours. speak up

the pennys/swag was a bad attempt on my bad as code for other things i guess. lets just say this type of thing is used in daily life an has a worth to it. i'm ot going to go on and on about it. the truth about austin is the week he was supose to announce that monday he didn't get into the program he wanted to so he played it out a bit and then he committed to prov. you got a good commit there. uconn upped its admissions which i dont agree with. thats costed us 2 recruits on the trail, xrm.... ko's contract also costed us one. its a mess right now at uconn. how cooleys going to land that player in ct is thru $ and a favor for another player. bookmarkit.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Threads like this make me cringe knowing that there's a "Boneyard" banner over this message board.

Honestly, it's like putting a Bentley badge on a Buick.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Threads like this make me cringe knowing that there's a "Boneyard" banner over this message board.

Honestly, it's like putting a Bentley badge on a Buick.

More like a Bentley badge on a Yugo.

Reaction Score
Love the history of Providence basketball. Joey Hassett was my favorite Friar of all time. Loved his shooting stroke and tried to emulate it as a kid (didn't work that well hahahaha). Of course also loved Joey Whelton back in those days. Time flies but the memories never fade.

Good luck to your team. Hopefully the rivalry will never end.

BLUEDOG good ole days of the road trips to the ECAC's at PCC with URI and Sly, PC and Eason, Hassett, Soup and BC with Cobb and Huskies with Abro, Joey, Carr............time does fly doesn't it??

Reaction Score

When it comes to athletes, I don't know what happens. But I guarantee you, this does happen to regular students. Esp. since it's harder to get into UConn than it is to get into PC.

Reaction Score
BLUEDOG good ole days of the road trips to the ECAC's at PCC with URI and Sly, PC and Eason, Hassett, Soup and BC with Cobb and Huskies with Abro, Joey, Carr............time does fly doesn't it??
Best times of my life. My dad and I lived and died with each shot. You and I could rap endlessly about those days.

Best of health to you bro. Thoughts are with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom