Ollie?? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Ollie??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When it comes to athletes, I don't know what happens. But I guarantee you, this does happen to regular students. Esp. since it's harder to get into UConn than it is to get into PC.

I'm not so sure about that to be perfectly honest. Unless the landscape of each institution's academics have changed drastically over the past few years. I remember applying to college and UCONN/ PC were among my schools applied to. I got offered a full ride to UCONN and didn't sniff nearly as much from PC. Now this isn't the end all be all since UCONN is a national university and PC a regional college but I think something it is worth noting. I love the track UCONN has been taking academically, but it still has a way to go.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
PC acceptance rate 2010: 61%
UConn acceptance rate 2010: 47%

Not close.

*accidentally put wrong rate earlier... for PC

Reaction Score
I'm not so sure about that to be perfectly honest. Unless the landscape of each institution's academics have changed drastically over the past few years. I remember applying to college and UCONN/ PC were among my schools applied to. I got offered a full ride to UCONN and didn't sniff nearly as much from PC. Now this isn't the end all be all since UCONN is a national university and PC a regional college but I think something it is worth noting. I love the track UCONN has been taking academically, but it still has a way to go.

Look at acceptance rates and SATs. UConn has much lower acceptance rates and much higher SATs, not to mention a lot more students. In every single measure, UConn is much more difficult to get into.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Look at acceptance rates and SATs. UConn has much lower acceptance rates and much higher SATs, not to mention a lot more students. In every single measure, UConn is much more difficult to get into.
WE ARE UCONN!

Reaction Score
Considering that UConn had only two players that were offensive threats, NCSU's quite lucky to have escaped with a narrow win. For a top-tier team in the ACC, they are not that strong. With 2-3 less turnovers and made easy lay-ins, Uconn could have scored an upset. Oh, well, maybe next time. But I liked what I saw.

Reaction Score
Best times of my life. My dad and I lived and died with each shot. You and I could rap endlessly about those days.

Best of health to you bro. Thoughts are with you.

I'm guessing the stories would be endless........John Toner stopped in the streets on Providence and drank out of our champagne bottle the night UConn/Whelton/Carr won the ECAC tourney late 70's.......loved those years BD and glad you have those memories with dad.........Dad started me at the Field House when I was 10 watching Wes B and it has never stopped.........best to you too my friend!!!

Reaction Score
Best atmosphere was in the old Field House with Wes B, Corley, Penders, etal. We sat in the dark and watched the lighted court--like a prize fight. It added to the drama. Once the insurers insisted the lights be on in the stands, the aura changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom