Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
ahem.

bated breath.

(suspenseful);)

Thanks Kib...I was on my phone user talk to text to write that post and got tired of editing. I figured I would correct when I got on line which I am now, but since you corrected, I will leave it as is. :D

Reaction Score
Don't sleep on tOSU, they have a new coach and a lot of youth but some excellent talent and they'll be heard from come tournament time.

My comment was in reference to it being a really good educational institution.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I have no idea about how good an educational institution Ohio State is, but I too expect it to (unfortunately) become a contender again in the B1G. I think McGuff is a good coach and he is returned to the mid-west, and after all, even Jim Foster had a very respectable record there . . .

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
OSU isn't a good educational institution?

I'm not quite sure where the cut-off is that separates a good school from a very good school from an excellent school. I said OSU is a good school because it is. USNews ranks it #16 among public universities and #52 among all universities in the US.

T

TroyHouse66

J66:
<<Suspect Geno has quite a collection of knots on his head from those (well-deserved) CD whops.>>

I'm afraid it may, over the long run, be going much farther than just simple head knots.
Collectively, CD's physicality may be having unintended consequences... If you refer to the recent White House hallway photo featuring the President, Ollie, and Geno, note that Geno now appears to be closer to 5' tall than early UConn press releases. While this suggests that CD is quite conscientious about her duties, perhaps a thirty-year moratorium may be in order, this year.

[As a note... I don't know how Geno feels, but in Northern Nevada with a huge number of pioneer ranchers of "Eye-talian" decent, we never use that term... even amongst the best of friends. Perhaps CD should have resorted to "klops" as a better method. (Although them Philly folks are pretty hardheaded.)]

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Kib-
Here on O'ahu... the home of Ahi poke, sashimi, and sushi... either usage may be relevant, depending on individual habits and preferences.

I compliment you for your complementary comment.

Reaction Score
I have no idea about how good an educational institution Ohio State is, but I too expect it to (unfortunately) become a contender again in the B1G. I think McGuff is a good coach and he is returned to the mid-west, and after all, even Jim Foster had a very respectable record there . . .
OSU is going to be a very good team in a couple of years. This years class consists of #5 Kelsey Mitchell, #82 Alexa Hart, #89 Asia Doss, #99 Makayla Waterman, and #NR Chelsea Mitchell.

Reaction Score
I'm not quite sure where the cut-off is that separates a good school from a very good school from an excellent school. I said OSU is a good school because it is. USNews ranks it #16 among public universities and #52 among all universities in the US.

That's what I thought. Just caught off-guard by the comment that was posted about it not being a good school. Was news to me!

Reaction Score
Do you really hate it? Really? I find it refreshing that somebody actually speaks his mind and doesn't hold back anything. Are you honestly trying to tell me that someone who is as successful a coach as him has a "lack of understanding of kids these days"? I think it is an honest assessment of how arrogant, selfish, and full of themselves some recruits are.[/QUOT
Do you love it? Really? Geno uses a very public forum to deliver one liner zingers directed at 16 year old girls? I find it just the opposite. It would be far different if he was quoted in an interview saying "kids these days seem to be gravitating much more towards grandiose public forums and the generation is more about "me" than about "us/team". etc etc..." I think Geno's comments not only show a lack of understanding of "kids these days", but also an unfortunate broadside blasting high school girls.

I absolutely love Geno and bleed Husky Blue. Heck, I'm flying to Istanbul on my own dime to watch him coach the US National team in September. While I'm probably in the minority on this, those tweets have made me sad.

He's the most recognizable, powerful, and influential person in WCBB and he does not need to lower himself, or resort to, mean one liners on twitter. I think it's low class and I expect much better from the head of our program. Is there any good reason for, or anything positive that can come out of, these tweets? :(

When I was a kid I was taught to say "thank you" when someone offered me something of worth. I guess a $150,000 scholarship isn't significant enough to warrant a private "no thank you" of some sort before publicly rejecting it. So I wholeheartedly agree with Geno. Sign of the times; ME is the only important thing.

Reaction Score
How do we even know that she didn't inform the other schools behind the scenes? We sure are making a bunch of assumptions based off of these 2 tweets and possible bashing a kid for no reason. She released a top 5 list on twitter. Big deal. She's a 17 year old kid and Geno is a grown adult.

Reaction Score
Hmmm. Geno's tweet specifically referred to players having press conferences, but Ogunbowale didn't have one.

Right! Lots of people have too much time on their hands!

How do we even know that she didn't inform the other schools behind the scenes? We sure are making a bunch of assumptions based off of these 2 tweets and possible bashing a kid for no reason. She released a top 5 list on twitter. Big deal. She's a 17 year old kid and Geno is a grown adult.

Yes, and how do we know he tweeted about her? He mentioned PRESS CONFERENCE and as far as I know, she didn't have one, she just tweeted her schools?

Reaction Score
i was very shocked to see these tweets from a coach with such stature. in reality, it wouldn't matter whether he was talking about her or another player. these are children. children. he is an older man. to me, the analysis stops there.

i will say that i got mad at holly last year for calling out Matt Mitchell on twitter with a covert remark. it was very subtle but still beneath her.

at any rate, i wish this young lady a great career. she deserves to shine in her moment.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
No more interest in Brown?
I don't think Durr is interested in Brown, but she may be interested in Harvard or Princeton. :)

Seriously, Our relationship with Kalani Brown seemed to end about the time we got Natalie Butler.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
As I understand it, the 'relationship' with Brown has been over for some time.

Reaction Score
Not getting Ogunbowale is not important. The Huskies have Kia Nurse to take over at point when MoJeff graduates. They also have Saniya Chong, Courtney Eckmark, Sadie Edwards and Gabby Williams. What UConn really needs is Lauren Cox, especially with their lack of depth up front once KML and Kiah graduate after this year and Bre in two years. Asia Durr would be a fantastic get, but then the guard situation gets crowded. I don't know if it's better to have too many. Not enough, meaning six, worked incredibly well this past year, but then they were a special six. None of the recruits coming next year are posts or even power forwards. Natalie Butler and Lauren Cox would be monsters up front when playing in tandem.

Reaction Score
Not getting Ogunbowale is not important. The Huskies have Kia Nurse to take over at point when MoJeff graduates. They also have Saniya Chong, Courtney Eckmark, Sadie Edwards and Gabby Williams. What UConn really needs is Lauren Cox, especially with their lack of depth up front once KML and Kiah graduate after this year and Bre in two years. Asia Durr would be a fantastic get, but then the guard situation gets crowded. I don't know if it's better to have too many. Not enough, meaning six, worked incredibly well this past year, but then they were a special six. None of the recruits coming next year are posts or even power forwards. Natalie Butler and Lauren Cox would be monsters up front when playing in tandem.
I would love Lauren Cox at UConn but the feeling among most of the evaluators and AAU coaches is that Cox is adamant on staying in Texas for College.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
They have to find out in this public forum, dangled like the rest of us. I mean how are these guys even able to recruit or know how to plan their recruiting if they have to wait with baited breath for a news conference that isn't even going to give them the information they need and that they should have been given when the decision was made. I sympathize and it must be frustrating....

Many years ago, I worked for a county department. I applied for and interviewed for a job in a different department within the same county, and found out I wasn't selected when I read about the successful candidate in the local newspaper.

NOT a happy day to realize no one from the personnel department had the courtesy to let me know in advance of the newspaper article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom