Official UCONN vs Stonybrook prediction thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Official UCONN vs Stonybrook prediction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure of your quack comment. I think the man feels like a lot of folks that realize how hard it is to get top level competition to come into what might be a trap game or at least a competitive one. It takes years to get games like this on the schedule and to use it for practice makes no sense at all. I like Bob but that and the three game waste is mind boggling! We are not in a conference that matters as much as big out of conference games.
Maybe he will set our world on fire and be the guru we are looking for, I don't know, but for now he has sure peed off the season ticket fan base. Then again he may gain us a new fan base with the practice game specials!
http://web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/mail?app=mail#10
I find it hard to believe any coach at this level making this kind of money can't figure out who the starting QB should be. Then go on to embarass us on national tv.....Just say'n...
Nice to see I'm not alone. I get what people like Husky25 are saying, I really do. But I think Woof's comments are on point. We want to schedule name teams. Get them to come to our house. Yet when we have the biggest name we'll have for at least a few years, its more important to see if the 3rd string defensive back and the 4th string end are ready for prime time than it is to try win the friggin' game. Its more important to keep the back up quarterback from sulking again than it is to try and get back in the game, and its more important to give the kicker some practice than it is to try and make a game of it. I don't know about you, but I hope he decides to treat Stony Brook more like an opponent than a partner...

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Nice to see I'm not alone. I get what people like Husky25 are saying, I really do. But I think Woof's comments are on point. We want to schedule name teams. Get them to come to our house. Yet when we have the biggest name we'll have for at least a few years, its more important to see if the 3rd string defensive back and the 4th string end are ready for prime time than it is to try win the friggin' game. Its more important to keep the back up quarterback from sulking again than it is to try and get back in the game, and its more important to give the kicker some practice than it is to try and make a game of it. I don't know about you, but I hope he decides to treat Stony Brook more like an opponent than a partner...
I gave you a like because I understand what you are saying as well. It is possible to disagree but still keep an open mind about other view points. It makes for a better debate and less insults (I grew up being taught and believe that once one resorts to personal attacks, they've conceded the argument. I know I've done it a time or two, but I try not to.).

I also hope one player separates themselves at key positions this game (i.e. QB, WR2, OT, DT, and LB). The mass subs and QB shuffle need to be settled down going into Boise St. My hope is that Diaco means to under-promise and over-deliver over the next week and two days.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Stony Brook is a bad 1AA team. By the looks of things we are a bad 1A team. When a bad 1A team meets a bad 1AA team, the 1AA team SHOULD win handily.

Amazingly wrong. You can name most of the I-AA winners in the last few years on one hand. Guess what - they're all "good"

ND St.
Georgia Southern
Fordham (last year)
Towson (last year)
Northern Iowa
Richmond
Youngstown St.

Reaction Score
Amazingly wrong. You can name most of the I-AA winners in the last few years on one hand. Guess what - they're all "good"

ND St.
Georgia Southern
Fordham (last year)
Towson (last year)
Northern Iowa
Richmond
Youngstown St.
My mistake. What I mean to write was that when a bad 1A team plays a bad 1AA team the 1A wins.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone wants to throw a parade for the BYU game (You at least have to make the Adams Division Finals for that), but I don't think you should be disappointed in what you saw with in the BYU game. You saw players who checked out as recently as 10 months ago be engaged in their jobs and with each other. Minus the 1st quarter, they played a pretty decent game (one big plus would be for Clax to keep his hands to himself and his controlled aggression in check...Still a great name for a fullback...). I understand your frustration about the preparation comment, but after what we fans have experienced over the last few years, I think he deserves a benefit of the doubt or two.

One has to wonder how the two first quarter turnovers affected the 'game plan."

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/blogs/dog-house/Whitmer-Thought-About-Leaving-UConn-271829121.html

Reaction Score
If this game is still competitive in the third quarter, I'm just going to assume I have to drink heavily for the remainder of the season.
It might be close early. I shouldn't be close by the end of the 3rd. If so we might as well bring back Pasqualoni because this guy isn't going to get it done. Stony Brook lost last week to a program from the Northeast Conference. Scored 7 points at home. As somebody said earlier in the week, there is no question to which the answer is it is ok to lose to Stony Brook.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
If we win 24-10 I don't think this board will be readable. If Bryant beat them 13-7 then we better beat them 42-7.

I don't care if HCBD uses 80 players, if this game is within 3 TD's, we are in for a long year.

Stony Brook better not be returning to LI in buses. It better be body bags.

Reaction Score
43-0

21 - Three offensive touchdowns
7 - Pick six
7 - Kickoff/punt return
3 - field goal from right hash mark
3 - field goal from left hash mark
2 - safety

Something for everyone.

Reaction Score
Christ. We lost the second half of the BYU game 7-3 and people are expecting Armageddon against Stony Brook?

Perspective, please.

Reaction Score
Christ. We lost the second half of the BYU game 7-3 and people are expecting Armageddon against Stony Brook?

Perspective, please.

Yeah, but, but...BYU took their foot off the gas. :rolleyes:

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
That's fine. You can throw a parade for everything you have seen. I have no problem with that. I am very disappointed with what I saw in the BYU game. Specifically, what bothers me more than anything is the sense that Diaco didn't approach that game as if he wanted to win. One can do that and still build for the future. It is not in my view an either/or situation.To look at a game and say we can't win so let's not bother preparing, let's treat it as an exhibition raised questions with me about his commitment to winning and about his judgement. You're fine with it. Ok. Different opinions. But answer this. What benefit did we get from changing from Cochran to Whitmer in the first drive of the 3rd quarter? Whitmer has started a bunch of games, including games against nationally ranked opponents and games on the road so one would presume he won't panic if he has to go in. And what would build more confidence, giving BYU a game or getting blown out of the stadium?

NOt getting enough attention? Miss the days when you would piss people off by throwing Ollie under the bus?

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
But answer this. What benefit did we get from changing from Cochran to Whitmer in the first drive of the 3rd quarter? Whitmer has started a bunch of games, including games against nationally ranked opponents and games on the road so one would presume he won't panic if he has to go in. And what would build more confidence, giving BYU a game or getting blown out of the stadium?

Are you really that stupid?

Diaco expected Whitmer to go in and for us to score. It didn't work out. Sucks.

Its not like Casey had been playing like Peyton Manning in the spring and summer. Clearly the coaches think they are fairly close and want to evaluate them in live situations.

How can you do that without playing them?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If this game is still competitive in the third quarter, I'm just going to assume I have to drink heavily for the remainder of the season.

Very borderline result here.

10 points from Stony Brook are off a combined 4 yards of offense. UConn's defense has been great. If Cochran were the starter this game would be 30-7 right now.

Reaction Score
We r gonna get embarrassed next weekend. I hope they prove what I'm feeling right now to be false.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
If we win 24-10 I don't think this board will be readable. If Bryant beat them 13-7 then we better beat them 42-7.

I don't care if HCBD uses 80 players, if this game is within 3 TD's, we are in for a long year.

more like 3 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01