Official UCONN vs Stonybrook prediction thread | The Boneyard

Official UCONN vs Stonybrook prediction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I usually post some drivel about my clairvoyant view of how the game will be played, the score and, of course, always predicting a UCONN win. Not this week.

What I realistically expect is a game that will be more challenging than the fans expect. I think UCONN wins, but it's probably less than a two TD difference. I think Diaco wants to see more personnel and I think we have problems on defense and getting pressure on the QB.

That said, we're going back to establishing a running game and against opponents where you should have superior talent, you will win games if you can run the ball. As long as we don't fall behind in the score, we will run for over 150 yards and the QBs will have as much play action as they want.

What the hell...24-10 and Diaco get's his first win with the Dogs.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
38-14 Huskies. I see a hard fought game, not a true blow out as many expect. HCBD will continue to experiment and rotate a lot of personnel, at least through the 1H. But at some point, probably in the early 2H, he's going to narrow it down to players he thinks will play most of the Boise game. 500+ yds total offense; 175+ yds on the ground. Mariner and/or Newsome have a break out game. Davis will have 7-8 receptions for 1oo+ yds - SB can't stop him. Newsome will have at least one, 40+ yd punt or kick off return.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm looking for a better effort from the front 7 largely because the offense we're going up against isn't BYU. I think our front will dominate their line. I'd be surprised if Stony Brook scores more than 14 points. On offense, I think we'll see the beloved dual-QB rotation some more but I'm hoping that it will be more by feel on changes in possession (i.e. not mid-possession/drive). What I really hope for is that Cochran starts to separate himself and gets the bulk of the snaps. I also want to see a good game out of a receiver other than Davis. We need a reliable #2 behind Davis...I think Abrams can slot in here but would want to see him register a good game against inferior competition to get some confidence. I think our running game should wear them out...or at least, I hope it does.

31-7 Pups. 1st win of the Diaco era and much-needed confidence heading into the big game against Boise.

Reaction Score
i'll take a win. why are we creating scenarios where a loss kills the program and only a win by 4+ touchdowns is acceptable? so when Uconn wins 20-10 or 21-20 it feels like a loss? This team has only proven that no opponent on the other side should be taken lightly.

Get a win, build on it, and move the focus to Boise.

Reaction Score
31-10...No reasons...just what came to my mind

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
27-7 UConn in Diaco's first victory of many at the helm of this program.

Reaction Score
UConn 34-17.

The personnel shuffling will make things shaky for awhile until this team knows who & what it is, but our talent is still superior to theirs.

Not the prettiest effort, but the playmakers should make plays and UConn gets a decisive W.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
UConn 39 - SB 3.

I have a feeling that the defense is going to have a bounce-back type of performance, especially without having to worry about the QB's legs. I'm not sure if the offense will put up 39 points, but there is no way in hell that I was going to put a smaller number on the board than Jimmy already did... ;)

Reaction Score
We're not a well oiled machine yet so I'd be happy with 27-13. The QB carousel will keep us from scoring more unless we get some great individual efforts. Good news is we may see a more dominant running game and lots of possession.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
38-10 Newsome runs 1 Marriner runs 1 Davis catch Abrams catch Casey keeper Puyol kick
27k in the stands
A Casey keeper?
But his pocket pressence...

Couldnt resist - sorry.

GO TEAM!!

Reaction Score
Running game will dominate in this one. Casey throws for 2 tds (Davis and Foxx). Arkeel shows why he will be starting tailback by the end of the year. final score 37-6 Huskies.

Reaction Score
Anyone have or seen a scouting report or know of any key players for Stony Brook?

As for my prediction. I am hoping the offense can muster 2-4 TD's at least 3 would be great. Establish the running game to the tune of 120+ yards. Passing yards around 275 (I'm sure there will be a combination of Cochran and Whitmer here). Don't care how they score on offense, just want to see some touchdowns.

Hoping the defense can limit Stony Brook to sub 325 yds of total offense and keep them under 17 pts.

Not trying to be too ambitious just what I think could be realistic.

Reaction Score
A week ago, I would have predicted a blow out, but after the BYU game I don't know.

I can see a power running game developing and an offensive line that is better than expected, but the platoon at QB and the lack of pressure on the QB by the defense concerns me.

If Diaco decides to run it right at SB, stick with one QB until the game is a blowout, and we blitz their QB, the game will be a blow out.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Anyone have or seen a scouting report or know of any key players for Stony Brook?

As for my prediction. I am hoping the offense can muster 2-4 TD's at least 3 would be great. Establish the running game to the tune of 120+ yards. Passing yards around 275 (I'm sure there will be a combination of Cochran and Whitmer here). Don't care how they score on offense, just want to see some touchdowns.

Hoping the defense can limit Stony Brook to sub 325 yds of total offense and keep them under 17 pts.

Not trying to be too ambitious just what I think could be realistic.
http://www.newsday.com/sports/colle...ll-adds-spark-to-stony-brook-attack-1.9189989

Not a scouting report per say but article about 2 headed running back attack - seems the starter was suspended for week 1 game and backup ran for over 100.

EDIT - a few of D1 transfers on roster as well

http://www.goseawolves.org/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ston-m-footbl-mtt.html

QB - Syracuse
RB - UMass
RB - Iowa
LB - Oregon
WR - Maryland
OL - Pitt
DB - Virginia
TE - Fla St

Reaction Score
What I htink will happen:
UConn 21
Stony Brook 20
Diaco awards participation medals to all 85 players and invites the first 10 fans to sign up to run a play at quarterback. Casey Cochran drive the team 85 yards, completing 5/6 passes and with the ball on the 2, Diaco pulls him for 85 year old Angela Maria Annuciatta of Waterbury, who mishandles the snap but fortunately, the football bounces off her walker and Gus Cruz falls on it in the end zone for the tying score. 4th string place kicker, some guy from section 227, somehow manages to hit the PAT and the Huskies hang on for the W. Diaco opens his presser by telling everyone that he was thrilled to be able to get Angela in there and he hoped to emulate Sewannee in there epic loss to Georgia Tech next week by pulling students out of the library to play in the 2nd half. "The more the merrier," said Diaco. "these kids might someday coach a pop warner team or something and real game experience they get against Boise State will be help build the next generation of UConn football players. what's that? next Generation UConn isn't about football? Well, as Thomas Aquinas said to Pope Sixtus IV..."

What should happen: UConn 35 Stony Brook 7.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I just checked the box score from Stony Brook's game against Bryant.

Final: Bryant 13, SB 7

Stats: SB had 8 first downs, 186 yards of total offense, 7/20 passing with 2 interceptions, 2/16 3rd down conversions.

I can't believe I am nervous about this game, but I don't know what our strategy will be. This game should/better be a blow out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom