Official Selection Show thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Official Selection Show thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And Villanova! Oh charlie. Only 2 from BE say you?
He had three in; Villanova was in his last two reveals. You are beating a dead horse. Facts do usually help when one is providing commentary.

Reaction Score
There's a good possibility that the entire "bonus coverage" may not contain a single analysis of any potential matchups.

Very poor.
ESPN thinks that it is promoting the women's game, but they saturate their broadcasts with Title IX topics when true fans want to hear analysis about their teams in the Tournament. They could do a 30 for 30 show on Title IX, but tonight is about the tourney.

Reaction Score
It looks like the committee rewarded Louisville for losing the 1st round to an unranked team & punished Baylor for losing the finals to a #2 seed.
Louisville was ahead of Baylor in both the NET and Massey ratings before today’s game. Your assertion doesn’t appear to have any foundation.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That's fair--I guess we'll find out how well SC fans travel. In 2019 they played in Greensboro for the Sweet 16 ( granted, as a 4 seed) but only drew 6500 fans. Their fan base is more established now and I'm sure far more fans will come this time with a better team, but we'll see if it's enough to provide a home crowd like atmosphere.

They knew they were gonna get an arse whipping by Baylor... thats why they didn't show up in force. ;)

Reaction Score
This tourney is going to be a WILD ONE!!
Buckle Up Fox Tv GIF by Bob's Burgers

Reaction Score
On LSU's end they said Morris is still rehabbing and isnt practicing with the team yet. I don't know if they are avoiding any contact as long as possible before the tournament but that sounds concerning. Don't think they could beat Ohio St without her

Reaction Score
Cry me a river. A good team will win whether it's a neutral court or away game.
We’re missing the forest through the trees. The best thing about UConn being in Bridgeport is not that they have a home game. It’s that they don’t have to play SC or the Cardinal until the Final Four, giving Paige another week to practice.

Reaction Score
This segment is missing the point, which is 3 or 4 of the losses weren't only under manned, but immediately after an unexpected injury (without a chance to adjust).
I was hoping Rebecca would mention that

Reaction Score
No doubt. And Arizona can get hot too!
Arizona is really struggling coming into this tournament. Cate Reese I’ll likely be back but they were struggling even before she went down. If they can find some offense, they could be dangerous though.

Reaction Score
She did comment on UConn. She stated right at the beginning that NC State would have a tough road out of that region, and not just from UConn. I’m really flabbergasted at how comments so far have had no basis in fact whatsoever.

Reaction Score
People overlooking UCF here. They lost three games all year, all by single digits, two of them to Tennessee and Iowa. They are incredibly physical and great on the boards. UConn will have to grind that one out.

Also think no team has a potentially tougher path to the title: UCF, Kentucky/Indiana, NC State, Stanford, SC.
Excellent post.

Reaction Score
I was hoping Rebecca would mention that
Of course I want to hear about UConn non-stop but maybe it's better that they aren't the center of attention. Maybe when the games start, instead of the focus being the goliath UConn, the buzz will be about how the team's playing. I can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom