Official Men's Hockey Recruiting Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Official Men's Hockey Recruiting Thread

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
I don't follow hockey but here's some news:

Ryan Roberts ‏@Ryan_Ky0203 1h
Hearing Minnesota is getting heavily involved with '15 Trinity F Ray Spalding. Tennessee and/or UConn could be next to offer.

Reaction Score
The USHL and BCHL are generally acknowledged to be the best Junior A/Tier I leagues. The amount of highly regarded talent from both that will arrive in Storrs over the next 2+ years promises to rapidly upgrade the skill level going into HE. With a young, increasingly talented team there will be some bumps in the road (expect a few blowouts) but also some spectacular upsets. It should be an interesting ride.

Reaction Score
ChrisDilks1:00pm via TweetDeck
UConn commit Liam Murphy was selected 3rd round 43rd overall by Moncton in the QMJHL draft.

russbites1:17pm via Twitter for iPhone
1st USA prep talent is taken in Liam Murphy (AOF). UConn commit. My surprise for not getting NTDP invite. Goes to Moncton 43rd overall.

goalmouthradio1:14pm via Twitter for Android
UConn commit Miles Gendron RT"@TheHockeyNews: College players are turning heads at the 2014 NHL draft combinePost original url/1u16RY6"

goalmouthradio11:22am via Twitter Web Client
UConn commit @mgendron10 one of the best at the NHL Combine. Twice has placed in the Top 5, twice in Top 10 of the 13 major events

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn commit Liam Murphy was selected 3rd round 43rd overall by Moncton in the QMJHL draft.
What a long way we've come. This is ridiculous.
What a long way we've come. This is ridiculous.

1st USA prep talent is taken in Liam Murphy (AOF). UConn commit. My surprise for not getting NTDP invite. Goes to Moncton 43rd overall.

UConn commit Miles Gendron RT"@TheHockeyNews: College players are turning heads at the 2014 NHL draft combinePost original url/1u16RY6"

UConn commit @mgendron10 one of the best at the NHL Combine. Twice has placed in the Top 5, twice in Top 10 of the 13 major events
What am i missing here why isnt this kid coming in this fall ?

Reaction Score
It's like being drafted by both the WHA and the NHL in the 70s.

College hockey compared to the major juniors, college seems to have stronger defenses.

Reaction Score

Because he's only 15/16? - born in 1998. He's not PG @ AOF. Believe he is a 2015/2016 commit.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's like being drafted by both the WHA and the NHL in the 70s.

College hockey compared to the major juniors, college seems to have stronger defenses.
I was just thinking Segalla came in as an 18 year old freshman after being drafted and if Gendron is suppose to be a higher draft pick then he could help this year ??

Reaction Score
Why are they saying Gendron is only the 2nd player in the programs history to be drafted? Wouldn't he be the 3rd after David Drake? Or does that not count because he was drafted before coming to the program?

Either way 3 NHL prospects on the blueline bodes well for us.

Reaction Score
For the hell of it I felt compelled to compare UConn's defense vs. the defenseman on the Wolf Pack's roster and Gendron would be the highest drafted defenseman on their roster behind McIlrath.

UConn: Gendron (70th), Segalla (119th), Drake (192nd).

Wolf Pack: McIlrath (10th), Syvret (81st), Johnson (85th), the other 5 defenseman on the roster went undrafted.

Reaction Score
JeffCoxSports 10:00am via SB Nation
USA Hockey Select 16 Festival Player Rankings: 98s converged on Buffalo, see who ranked where. @usahockey sbnation.com/e/5660260

>>12. Liam Murphy (#15 Kelly) 6-1/210 Avon Old Farms (UConn) - He is a man amongst boys when he turns on the jets. He's a big, physical player who can knock opposing defensemen off the puck. He's got a hard shot and drives the net. He was a little inconsistent at this tournament, but it's hard to tell if some kids are just worn out from all the hockey they play. It is July after all.<<

Reaction Score
David Drake ‏@DDrake03 21m
Proud to announce that I have committed to play my college hockey at the University of Connecticut! Excited for the journey!! #Huskies

1995 DOB 6-4 Defenseman from Naperville IL. (seen multiple reports of weight anywhere from 185 to 220 :))

7th round draft pick of the flyers in 2013.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=219791

goalmouthradio3:59pm via Web
Drake is expected to arrive in Storrs either 2014 or 2015.

Edit add:
SBNCollegePuck5:24pm via SB Nation
Philadelphia Flyers prospect David Drake of Des Moines Buccaneers commits to @UConnMHOC @DDrake03 @bucshockeysbn.to/1kkBCBA

@goalmouthradio: UConn recruit David Drake will join the Huskies this fall. Drake is a big defenseman and an Flyers draft selection.

Reaction Score

Bummer (for now?):

@Jerome_Berube: Liam Murphy to sign with Moncton Wildcats QMJHL... http://post original url/kStCL8D15M via @wordpressdotcom

>> Avon Old Farms forward Liam Murphy committed to the University of Connecticut for the fall of 2015. The Killingworth, CT native has played midget hockey with the CT Wolfpack and the East Coast Militia. He played his first season of prep hockey this past winter for the Winged Beavers of Avon Old Farms.

Hockeyrecruits4u sources have found out this season he will make the big jump and will sign with Moncton Wildcats of the QMJHL. He has removed Avon Old Farms and UCONN Commit from his twitter profile picture.<<

Reaction Score
If true that would be a permanent bummer as signing with a QMJHL team makes a player permanently ineligible for college hockey.

Reaction Score
If true that would be a permanent bummer as signing with a QMJHL team makes a player permanently ineligible for college hockey.

Agreed... Tend to leave a bit of wiggle room until the pen officially hits the paper based on the accuracy of "blog reports" in the past.

Reaction Score
UConn picked up their first ever recruit from the USANTDP:

Over The Boards‏@OTBPuckWatch
97 F Tage Thompson (@USANTDP) commits to UConn. Huge get for the Huskies; a skilled, 6'2 talent at center who played for PAL last year.
LI has been VERY fertile recruiting grounds for BC...Marty Hughes, Rob Scuderi, and Sonny Milano (before he decided to go pro and headed off to the OHL) among others. This means Cav has thrown down and gauntlet and is becoming a MAJOR player recruiting. It also means he has something to sell facility wise for a future campus home.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom