Official 2014 Commit Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Official 2014 Commit Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I admit to being behind this, and I still don't understand twitter, but the stuff I'm seeing is just light years from where we were a few short years ago. One of Edsall's last NSD's here he said this whole thing was stupid. It's good to have a young, energetic, and enthusiastic coach who embraces this.

For me, I'm gonna sit at home, in front of my laptop today and impersonate an employee.

images.jpg

Reaction Score
Better????

“@McDTwin2: Brockett said Newsome was a "big get" for #UConnFootball. Brockett said Newsome is "excited to play for his home state."”

Slow wifi @ airport.
alright, that's better.

Would love to see which schools Newsome gave the heisman pose to.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
From the UConn Huskies blog:

UConn Huskies:
So far of our 10 new Huskies, including the two mid-year enrollees, we have three from Pennsylvania, two from Massachusetts, two from Florida, and one each from Connecticut, Maryland and New Jersey.

Think they're trying to reinforce the recruiting area messge? Yup.

Reaction Score
I echo the sentiments of many here about the involvement of the program with social media. It's a great step forward! And speaking of the states our recruits are from, the one thing I might try and improve on are the geographic references made on the individual players' graphic banners. Anyone else pick up that Watkins' Lawrenceville school (spelling off in banner too...lol) is listed as being in MD, and not NJ and that Atkins' Blair Academy is listed as being in MA and not NJ? Small stuff, but also not difficult to have it right the first time.

Edit: Just noticed that Summers' Milford Academy is listed as being in NJ and not NY as well. Any chance we can get these corrected? Noticed that they just corrected Summers' compared to the original. ;)

Last edited:

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
2Infinity said:
Edit: Just noticed that Summers' Milford Academy is listed as being in NJ and not NY as well. Any chance we can get these corrected?
they fixed this

Reaction Score
They've still got work to do, A for effort today though.

Ryan Crozier | OL | 6'4 | 297 | Plantation, Fla./Saint Thomas Aquinas
ryan_crozier.jpg

Played a year at East Longmeadow High School before moving to Suffield (Conn.) Academy for three years...played defensive back and wide receiver in high school as well...following his junior season at Suffield in 2012, was named New England Prep School Class B Player of the Year...earned the same honor as a senior in 2013...rushed for 1,723 yards and 28 touchdowns in 2012 to lead Suffield to the Norm Walker Bowl title...added 1,188 yards and 19 touchdowns on the ground in 2013...team won the Arthur Valicenti Bowl during his senior year...Suffield had perfect seasons during his junior and senior campaigns.

That's the bio for the RB (McAllister?)

Reaction Score
They've still got work to do, A for effort today though.

Ryan Crozier | OL | 6'4 | 297 | Plantation, Fla./Saint Thomas Aquinas
ryan_crozier.jpg

Played a year at East Longmeadow High School before moving to Suffield (Conn.) Academy for three years...played defensive back and wide receiver in high school as well...following his junior season at Suffield in 2012, was named New England Prep School Class B Player of the Year...earned the same honor as a senior in 2013...rushed for 1,723 yards and 28 touchdowns in 2012 to lead Suffield to the Norm Walker Bowl title...added 1,188 yards and 19 touchdowns on the ground in 2013...team won the Arthur Valicenti Bowl during his senior year...Suffield had perfect seasons during his junior and senior campaigns.

That's the bio for the RB (McAllister?)

They had that same profile for Carrezola earlier.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
If kids don't sign today, I don't feel confident that they will ever play for the Huskies.

Hope I'm wrong regarding Newsome.

Reaction Score
@JohnFSilver: Unless there is a surprise, no WRs or a QB scheduled to sign. Those are the breaks with a coaching change.

Reaction Score
No John, those are the breaks when the QB you've had committed for months doesn't get admitted to school.

Reaction Score
If they only end up signing around 15 this year, next years class is going to be very interesting. It will definitely give us a glimpse of what this staff can really do.

Reaction Score
McAllister tweeted its official with a picture of him and his parents at a signing day event.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
@JohnFSilver: Unless there is a surprise, no WRs or a QB scheduled to sign. Those are the breaks with a coaching change.

WR is the easiest position to fill via attrition from other schools, JUCO or whatever. And fortunately it's not an immediate need to fill.

Reaction Score
I'm ok with no QB in this class. It's not ideal, but if Boyle (hopefully) takes a redshirt we are still very young at that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom