Official 2014 Commit Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Official 2014 Commit Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kudos for UConn's website.

Running twitter feed with good graphics, an on-going online chat, list of signees and player bios with videos all on one page.

It's nice work, but it looks like they put McAllister's info under Carrezola's profile. McAllister isn't listed as signed as of now. Guessing that changes shortly.

Reaction Score
Great job with the videos.

NLOI seem to be coming in much slower this year. Might have something to do with the weather and the overall size of the class being smaller.

Reaction Score
Watkins is in!!!

Looks like he's only played two years of varsity football. Great athlete with incredible hands.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Interesting they listed Watkins as a CB. Wonder if we see a WR in this class.

I am as well. I made a comment on his tape on the recruiting page acknowledging he could be switched, but his whole reel was pretty much at WR. Interesting indeed.

Reaction Score
Interesting they listed Watkins as a CB. Wonder if we see a WR in this class.

I think his hands are too good to play corner. Need him on the offensive side of the ball running routes and moving the chains. Aside from Davis, the offense seemed to lack a sure handed WR.

Reaction Score
image.jpg

Ron Johnson. Somebody send this kid some updated UConn gear ASAP!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
A bunch of instagram videos up too.

Not sure how to link them.

Reaction Score
I really want to see a video of Arkeel running threw the snow into the Burton offices to sign his papers with snow still falling off his new UConn winter knit cap with a Pom Pom on top.

Reaction Score
They are absolutely crushing social media lately. Not sure if they hired someone or what, I love it though

I admit to being behind this, and I still don't understand twitter, but the stuff I'm seeing is just light years from where we were a few short years ago. One of Edsall's last NSD's here he said this whole thing was stupid. It's good to have a young, energetic, and enthusiastic coach who embraces this.

For me, I'm gonna sit at home, in front of my laptop today and impersonate an employee.

Reaction Score
I just think he's enjoying giving the drama queens fits today... ;)

“@McDTwin2: At 9 a.m. Ansonia football coach Tom Brockett said that Arkeel Newsome hadn't sent his LOI to #UConn, but planned to do so later today”

“@McDTwin2: Brockett said Newsome was a "big get" for #UConnFootball. Brockett said Newsome is "excited to play for his home state."”

Last edited:

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
@McDTwin1: Ansonia coach Tom Brockett said Arkeel Newsome received other interest, some schools made a late push. Did not name schools. #UConnFootball

Reaction Score
I just think he's enjoying giving the drama queens fits today... ;)

“@McDTwin2: At 9 a.m. Ansonia football coach Tom Brockett said that Arkeel Newsome hadn't sent his LOI to #UConn, but planned to do so later today”

Anyone else not like that quote?

Planned to do so is not the same as will definitely, or can't wait to do so....

Probably nothing, but geez.

Reaction Score
Anyone else not like that quote?

Planned to do so is not the same as will definitely, or can't wait to do so....

Probably nothing, but geez.

Better????

“@McDTwin2: Brockett said Newsome was a "big get" for #UConnFootball. Brockett said Newsome is "excited to play for his home state."”

Slow wifi @ airport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32