Official 2014 Commit Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Official 2014 Commit Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How do you post things from twitter onto the boneyard???

Reaction Score
“@UConnFootball: Ron Johnson @Ronniboi05 is the latest Husky RB 6-0 215 Naples, Fla Palmetto Ridge #bleedblue #riseuptogether

image.jpg

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The Ansonia school system is closed. I assume some of the LOI's are going to be held up without access to fax machines.

I wonder if we're in for any surprises today. I remember last year when Kivon Taylor's name popped up it was a collective WHOA!

Reading the Chat on the Huskies website, they can accept scanned .pdf's and also electronic signatures this year.

Hopefully some of the players were smart enough to scan their forms last night and have it sent to a cell phone or other mobile device that doesn't need power from the grid.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
8:54
spacer.gif
From the Chat room.

[Comment From JBJB: ]
With schools closed in northeast today, how are the local LOI's coming in?
Wednesday February 5, 2014 8:54 JB
spacer.gif

UConn Huskies:
UConn is accepting scanned PDFs with digital signatures this year, among other options.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
The Ansonia school system is closed. I assume some of the LOI's are going to be held up without access to fax machines.

I wonder if we're in for any surprises today. I remember last year when Kivon Taylor's name popped up it was a collective WHOA!
EFAX Arkeel, EFAX!!!

Reaction Score
Reading the Chat on the Huskies website, they can accept scanned .pdf's and also electronic signatures this year.

Hopefully some of the players were smart enough to scan their forms last night and have it sent to a cell phone or other mobile device that doesn't need power from the grid.

Still may not have been a remedy...

“@UGACompliance: Interesting fact...The NLI requires a time of signature. Any NLI signed prior to 7:00 am is invalid. #GeorgiaNSD #DawgDynasty”

Reaction Score
So who is the surprise of the day? Anyone? Don'yeh Patterson?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Still may not have been a remedy...

“@UGACompliance: Interesting fact...The NLI requires a time of signature. Any NLI signed prior to 7:00 am is invalid. #GeorgiaNSD #DawgDynasty”

I've worked plenty with .pdf's and electronic signatures. Fill out the whole damn form minus the signature and date on a regular computer and send it to an email address you have linked on your cell phone or iPad (and make sure you have an app that allows you to open/modify .pdf's). Then this morning you open the file, modify it to include the time/date stamp and send it off.

Reaction Score
P.S. - I'm traveling and sitting in ORD right now hopefully heading to BDL (didn't work so well last night) so I will be out of service for part of the day. Somebody will need to pick up the slack... :confused:

Good luck man........may be tough getting in today.......

Reaction Score
I've worked plenty with .pdf's and electronic signatures. Fill out the whole damn form minus the signature and date on a regular computer and send it to an email address you have linked on your cell phone or iPad (and make sure you have an app that allows you to open/modify .pdf's). Then this morning you open the file, modify it to include the time/date stamp and send it off.

I wasn't arguing that it can't be done... Just may be outside the reach of a HS student w/0 direction.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I wasn't arguing that it can't be done... Just may be outside the reach of a HS student w/0 direction.

These kids can make technology work in ways the programmers and security personnel never dreamed of happening.

They just need to be guided in the right direction. And that direction should have come from parents/coaches/counselors who are guiding him. I wouldn't expect a HS kid who's about ready to get a scholarship to be thinking of all the ways to game electronic signature forms. That's for us adults who have gotten screwed royally and have learned from our experiences. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom