October recruiting thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

October recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
IMO Arianna would fit perfectly into the UConn family. She already has plenty of family experience (I believe she has six siblings) and appears to be totally unpretentious, fitting into Geno’s team first philosophy.
check out this video starting at 19:30 where her coach talks about Roberson's recruiting and shot-blocking ability..........

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Please help fill me in, where do we stand with Arianna? All I heard was the coach mentioning Vic. from Texas. Do we know if she has the Huskies in her sights, is she just a POI, are we recruiting her heavily? Her vibe reminds me of our Azzi. In any event she sure would look good in a Husky uniform. I know Huskynan has here listed with a UCONN offer, which says a lot, but I sure would like a little feedback if there is any.

Reaction Score
Please help fill me in, where do we stand with Arianna? All I heard was the coach mentioning Vic. from Texas. Do we know if she has the Huskies in her sights, is she just a POI, are we recruiting her heavily? Her vibe reminds me of our Azzi. In any event she sure would look good in a Husky uniform. I know Huskynan has here listed with a UCONN offer, which says a lot, but I sure would like a little feedback if there is any.
If I'm not mistaken, she made a visit to Storrs for First Night on her own dime, so I think it's fair to say there is mutual interest.....

Reaction Score

We are one of five finalists with Oregon, Utah, Duke and Southern Cal. She came for First Night with Sarah Strong (officials).

She’s from Texas, but UT (or any Texas school) didn’t make her Final 5.

Reaction Score
Isn't she a 2024 recruit? I don't think it was on her own dime. I would assume it was an official visit.
My bad........she's been in the picture for such a short time you'd think she was a '25 or '26............still a good sign......

Reaction Score
Paige has " long arms"... so maybe Arianna's "wingspan" is much greater than her 6'4" height??
The video, above, reports that she "loves" to block shots! The Boneyard will "Love" Arinna R! Go Huskies!!

I wasn't referring to their length.

Reaction Score
Any chance Geno is holding scholarship for Strong, Roberson is told you get one if Strong declines. Are coaches allowed to do that. Or can they say first one to commit gets it. I assume if coaches have 8 scholarship offers out, or maybe 20 like Louisville, once 4 or 5 have accepted they have hit their limit and have to "rescind" their other offers. I am not sure how many recruits would tell a coach what they thought of a "contingent" offer. You want me or you don't.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Any chance Geno is holding scholarship for Strong, Roberson is told you get one if Strong declines. Are coaches allowed to do that. Or can they say first one to commit gets it. I assume if coaches have 8 scholarship offers out, or maybe 20 like Louisville, once 4 or 5 have accepted they have hit their limit and have to "rescind" their other offers. I am not sure how many recruits would tell a coach what they thought of a "contingent" offer. You want me or you don't.
As I "IMHO-ed" in an earlier post, with no evidence whatsoever, I think we may get Strong and Roberson. From a roster standpoint, it balances the two guards already committed. And, a HUGE IMHO here, there will be space for both of them, as I think most if not all of our seniors (Aubrey, Aaliyah, Nika, Paige) will go pro, although none of them are committing to that as of yet, as they are focused on this season.

Reaction Score
As I "IMHO-ed" in an earlier post, with no evidence whatsoever, I think we may get Strong and Roberson. From a roster standpoint, it balances the two guards already committed. And, a HUGE IMHO here, there will be space for both of them, as I think most if not all of our seniors (Aubrey, Aaliyah, Nika, Paige) will go pro, although none of them are committing to that as of yet, as they are focused on this season.
From your humble lips to God’s ear. Picking up a class like that — Cheli Ziebel Strong Roberson — would be to start another dynasty. All four are legit AA candidates. Just think what KK could do with a team like that, and then hand it off to Kelis.

Reaction Score
check out this video starting at 19:30 where her coach talks about Roberson's recruiting and shot-blocking ability..........

I cannot believe that Arianna is only ranked 19th by hoopgurlz. I believe her highest ranking is 11th from Prospects Nation (still too low). Arianna is a plug and play for UConn. My only concern is if she will be able to adapt to the Nike ball. :confused:

Reaction Score
I cannot believe that Arianna is only ranked 19th by hoopgurlz. I believe her highest ranking is 11th from Prospects Nation (still too low). Arianna is a plug and play for UConn. My only concern is if she will be able to adapt to the Nike ball. :confused:
I wouldn't stress about the rankings as personal preferences, politics and not seeing the player in person or seeing them on an off day can lead to varying assessments........I assume if Geno offers a recruit, it's not because he needs to fill seats on the UConn bench........that said, he may recruit a player as an alternative to another recruit he learns is not coming to Storrs....

Reaction Score
Geno will wait on Sara’s decision first. U don’t risk losing a talent like hers. It’s a gamble either way but with a player with generational talent u never pass. And lastly regarding scholarships if your afraid of competing with a talented roster and worry about playing time then UConn isn’t the place for you!! Geno knows what he is doing and only goes after a small selection of players who fit uconns culture. Many coaches will offer every player out there and will take whatever they get to commit first. Geno is very calculated and pretty much knows if a kid is coming or not. He’s been doing the recruiting process for decades!! Trust me he has room for both Sara and Robertson.

Reaction Score
Geno will wait on Sara’s decision first. U don’t risk losing a talent like hers. It’s a gamble either way but with a player with generational talent u never pass. And lastly regarding scholarships if your afraid of competing with a talented roster and worry about playing time then UConn isn’t the place for you!! Geno knows what he is doing and only goes after a small selection of players who fit uconns culture. Many coaches will offer every player out there and will take whatever they get to commit first. Geno is very calculated and pretty much knows if a kid is coming or not. He’s been doing the recruiting process for decades!! Trust me he has room for both Sara and Robertson.
Agree with these comments but Geno is always recruiting 2-3 slots ahead.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't stress about the rankings as personal preferences, politics and not seeing the player in person or seeing them on an off day can lead to varying assessments........I assume if Geno offers a recruit, it's not because he needs to fill seats on the UConn bench........that said, he may recruit a player as an alternative to another recruit he learns is not coming to Storrs

.. I really should be proof reading my posts better. When I stated that Arianna’s ranking was still too low I meant to say that she wasn’t ranked high enough, I.e., she should be ranked in the top 10. My opinion only. I agree that Geno looks beyond where a player is ranked. In fact I doubt that he considers rankings at all. I don’t recall Dorka, Lou, Ines, Nika or Jana being ranked. I never said or implied that his goal is to fill seats on the bench. However, I do think that he make an offer to someone he considers would be a good role player and not run to the portal to get more playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom