Now is a great time to focus on the kids who did commit to UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Now is a great time to focus on the kids who did commit to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
You have officially joined the "overly optimistic" club.

Welcome. You can send me your dues. Check or money order.

Perhaps, but from my perspective, I calls em like I see em.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Geno and C.D. will put the pieces together. My guess is Geno has his sights set on a "big" for 2016.
My guess he has his sights set on a big(s) in 2015 AND 2016.
2015 - Brown 6-5, Boykin 6-3 (Samuelson is also 6-3, but not really a "big", although her height wouldn't hurt)
2016 - Cox 6-4, McCoy 6-4, Boley 6-2

Probably need at least a couple out of that group of 5.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
On Morgan ... it seems we got a little bit of bad medical information after the surgery - the report at that time was 'immobilized for 6 months' which is a very long time and includes all kinds of atrophy issues with leg muscles and a very short time to build up strength and movement starting in August. But there was some reporting that she has already started range of motion with the knee and she is walking without crutches at least some of the time. That is 3 months earlier than reported initially and while I am not trying to minimize the time, effort, pain, and frustration she has gone through and will go through, this is still a very positive shift in a major signpost to recovery.

I never thought it was "immobilized", just "basketball work" and "hard training". It's the pounding shock on the injury, like more minor stress fracture injuries, that is the problem. I've also compared it to other elite athletes having that injury. It's a tough one.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I never thought it was "immobilized", just "basketball work" and "hard training". It's the pounding shock on the injury, like more minor stress fracture injuries, that is the problem. I've also compared it to other elite athletes having that injury. It's a tough one.
But there were press reports using 'immobilized' or similar terms tat implied rehab started in the summer not in the spring.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
But there were press reports using 'immobilized' or similar terms tat implied rehab started in the summer not in the spring.

Ahhh, I missed that.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Meyers,
I like all of the "bigs" you mentioned for 2016.
If we just get 2 out of 3 that would be awesome !
Isn't Cox the # 1 big coming out of high school ? I think she is # 1 overall !

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
meyers7 yes, give me 2 bigs in 2015 and at least 1 in 2016. Then we can guard/forward up.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My biggest hope for next year is good health, especially for Morgan and Gabby, so they can play the game they love and show everyone how good they are.

Morgan was our 6th man and would have started on every other team in the country. Five or six years ago, she was the best player in her class, above Stewie and MoJett. She has AA abilities, which we have already seen at the collegiate level.

Gabby has not played at the college level yet, but is a national-class high-jumper and has been likened to the great Maya Moore. I look at her as a slightly smaller, more disciplined version of Diamond. Or much like Nykesha. Precious was pretty good, as I recall.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Great post.
My guess he has his sights set on a big(s) in 2015 AND 2016.
2015 - Brown 6-5, Boykin 6-3 (Samuelson is also 6-3, but not really a "big", although her height wouldn't hurt)
2016 - Cox 6-4, McCoy 6-4, Boley 6-2

Probably need at least a couple out of that group of 5.

I thought that I had read that Boykin verballed to someone? Maybe that was a dream.

When you list Brown, are you talking about Kalani Brown? Maybe Hoopgurlz has an outdated list of schools she is considering: Baylor, LSU and TAMU?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I thought that I had read that Boykin verballed to someone? Maybe that was a dream.

When you list Brown, are you talking about Kalani Brown? Maybe Hoopgurlz has an outdated list of schools she is considering: Baylor, LSU and TAMU?

Different Boykin.

She is considering uconn. Hoopgurlz is wrong.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score

You are so transparent.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

1234847_4742323896292_131205232_n.jpg

Reaction Score
What happened to Edwards?

SAWX: somewhere along the way last season, I got the impression that she had a leg injury and missed several games. Cannot provide chapter and verse at this point. Am sure I am not confusing her with the Williams injury; but I am not 100% sure that Edwards was, in fact, injured. Perhaps others can clarify.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I agree with Milford - hope the players are healthy, especially Gabby and Morgan. Our guards are crazy good, and seeing as they control the game for the most part, having talented play makers and terrific ball handlers goes a long way towards insuring wins.

Ken and I have said it before - Kia at the moment is the jewel of that class. Her build and game is similar to Diana's and yes I will continue to compare her to Dee... Ken and I will see her play in Istanbul this September so we will have a much better feel for what her game actually is like.

Gabby has the potential to be a great one, but her health issues might hold her back. I think Ekmark is going to be better than people think. A taller version of Maggie Lucas (or shorter version of Ann Strother). Either way when you have a 6'guard with unlimited range (legit range) who is a Kelly Faris type worker and a coaches kid to boot, you have all the ingredients for at the very least, a solid player.

Sadie is a bit of an enigma. I suspect she will struggle, but I only say that based on some "comments" that she has never worked very hard. She's very highly regarded by the recruiting services, but my expectations for her are a bit lower - maybe a Banks type of player (not that there is anything wrong with that at all). But I suspect of all the kids coming, the "UCONN hard" will be the biggest leap for her of the 4 kids...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
SAWX: somewhere along the way last season, I got the impression that she had a leg injury and missed several games. Cannot provide chapter and verse at this point. Am sure I am not confusing her with the Williams injury; but I am not 100% sure that Edwards was, in fact, injured. Perhaps others can clarify.
She had a sore ankle during the playoffs but it doesn't seem like something that needs surgery.

Reaction Score
On Edwards injury question: I did find "documentation" that she had an ankle injury. Nothing about how many games she missed, but when I first heard about this I was left with the impression that she was out for several games at least and was kind of helping to lead her team from the bench.

Reaction Score
Oh, just saw Nan's comment on this. Agree....did not have the impression that she underwent surgery...just missed games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom