November UConn (only) recruiting thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

November UConn (only) recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She’s originally from the Dominican Republic. Maybe one of the coaches saw her in international play

This helps explain her anonymity. None of the websites got to see her this past summer at the tournaments they use for 90% of their ratings if she wasn't on one of the Nike, Adidas, or Under Armour rosters. And seeing that So. Florida was one of her earliest offers indicates that Auriemma and Fernandez use some of the same contacts in Florida for scouting and info.

Reaction Score
Something interesting I just saw: Princeton’s Kaitlyn Chen is now being followed by Coach Valley on Instagram.

It was announced in September that Kaitlyn would be using her fifth-year of eligibility as a grad-xfer (for the ‘24-25 season) since the Ivy League doesn’t allow a fifth year.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
This helps explain her anonymity. None of the websites got to see her this past summer at the tournaments they use for 90% of their ratings if she wasn't on one of the Nike, Adidas, or Under Armour rosters. And seeing that So. Florida was one of her earliest offers indicates that Auriemma and Fernandez use some of the same contacts in Florida for scouting and info.
Upon review I find that Rodriguez did play on the Miami Suns U17 Nike EYBL team so obviously GA and Fernandez see something that other schools and "analysts" are taking a pass on. She's not even on Hoopgurlz' top 100 for the '24 class.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Upon review I find that Rodriguez did play on the Miami Suns U17 Nike EYBL team so obviously GA and Fernandez see something that other schools and "analysts" are taking a pass on. She's not even on Hoopgurlz' top 100 for the '24 class.
They can’t get to every tournament or see every game at tournaments. I did scouting for HoopGurlz for a few years and found that there were almost always multiple games going on at multiple venues. Scouts and coaches tend to watch better known teams or players, knowing some gems remain unseen because of the sheer volume of games

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Rodriguez getting an offer this late in the process is a head scratcher. I suspect it means that we are otherwise finished with the class of 2024.

It also occurs to me that this offer would probably not be made if Geno thought Nika and Paige were returning for 2024-2025.

Reaction Score
From Nov. 12, 2023

Last summer she played in the Asian U16 championships. She took part in just two matches, the semi-final and the final. In the semi-final match against New Zealand, she scored 20 points in 17 minutes of play. She wears no. 4.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Rodriguez getting an offer this late in the process is a head scratcher. I suspect it means that we are otherwise finished with the class of 2024.

It also occurs to me that this offer would probably not be made if Geno thought Nika and Paige were returning for 2024-2025.
I think we now know the context for this interest. No guarantees on Azzi next season.

Reaction Score
Something interesting I just saw: Princeton’s Kaitlyn Chen is now being followed by Coach Valley on Instagram.

It was announced in September that Kaitlyn would be using her fifth-year of eligibility as a grad-xfer (for the ‘24-25 season) since the Ivy League doesn’t allow a fifth year.
Can’t she come now!?

Reaction Score
I think we now know the context for this interest. No guarantees on Azzi next season.
I saw it a little differently. After watching several videos of Rodriguez, I think she slots in as a 6-1 wing type. Griffin is leaving and there's no guarantees on Ducharme's availability/effectiveness going forward. They won't be overloaded with defensive stoppers so if this kid can play defense, she and Cheli could combine to fill that role as a bigger presence with quickness on the perimeter.

Reaction Score

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Yes. I concluded backcourt depth was the issue but the terrible news did not reach me until about an hour later.

Reaction Score

Who is this young lady? i can find nothing about her. Is she even ranked by ESPN and hoopgurlz which ranks the top 100 high school players. We don’t need 6’1” players, we need height. How many offers does this young woman have and what schools.

Reaction Score
Who is this young lady? i can find nothing about her. Is she even ranked by ESPN and hoopgurlz which ranks the top 100 high school players. We don’t need 6’1” players, we need height. How many offers does this young woman have and what schools.
If you're coaching and scouting based on everyone else's ranking (opinion), I don't necessarily think that's a recipe for success. I don't recognize many players currently in the NBA and WNBA. I see a big guard that's athletic, good hands and handle with a high motor. Footwork is soccer like. Isn't being pushed offline on drives downhill, rebounds nor shots. And she can rebound! And sure...this was a short clip, but if they offered, I'm sure they have seen enough. She gave me Gabby Williams/Alyssa Thomas (MD) vibes.

Reaction Score
From what I could find... Emely Rodriquez, class of 2024, moved from the Dominican Republic to South Florida after her
sophomore year. Now at Horeh Christian School in Hialeah, Florida. She is listed both as 6'0" and 6'1"and
as either a wing or a forward. On ESPN rankings she has been rated a 91 and Four Stars, she was ranked the number 16 forward in her
class (is this national or in Florida??).
Max Prep, I believe, lists a bunch of stats. As a junior, her first year in the USA, she played 21 games with a 26.4 ppg average
4.9 Assists per game, 15.5 rebounds per game and 5.5 steals per game. Her field goal % was 68 %. Ms. Rodriquez'
head coach, Agustin Pelaez reports: " She is a mismatch.... because most Bigs can't move that well " (to stop her). She
was listed on a EYBL team, THE MIAMI SUNS, on 8/26/2022. Apparently, she has offers from Miss. State and
University of South Florida (HC JOSE FERNANDEZ (sp) at USF, Geno's buddy). Emely was ranked the "player of the
game twelve times in her junior year. She was the # 2 scorer last year in South FLorida. She led her team, THE MUSTANGS,
to the State Championship, losing in the finals (CLASS 2A). I've seen one highlight film... she is rather remarkable.
Talk about flying under the radar!

Reaction Score

I did some research on Gandy Malou-Mamel (class 2025), I wanted to know more about her and I didn't know enough. So I searched for information and videos. Attached you'll find what I found most recent and relevant to the video. This is his last game of last season. The game in question was played on February 25, their last game as far as I can tell. A loss to Blair Academy 63-46. Gandy wears black shirt #42, she had 12 points, 2/3 FT, 8 rebs, 2 assists and 4 blk. There's also a chart that summarizes their last season (18-9) 2022-2023, several tabs for stats and even this year's calendar. Just click on the tab with the 2022-2023 drop-down menu to find the next 2023-2024 season.

Translated with DeepL

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This was posted at 10 pm last night. Mostly the same

26026F68-D191-422D-8923-5C9F26D7CB66.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors