November UConn (only) recruiting thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

November UConn (only) recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1000007050.jpg

Reaction Score
No mention of a UConn offer so far

Why no offer? Morgan Valley should be all over Layla like white on rice. Morgan played on three national championship teams with Jessica Moore who played high school ball in Palmer AK, one town over from Wasilla. Layla wants to have “family” on the team she selects. Sounds like UConn is an obvious front runner in that department. By the way, is it against any recruiting rules, to just happen to mention, in passing, that Jessica is the head of brand marketing at Nike?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Why no offer? Morgan Valley should be all over Layla like white on rice. Morgan played on three national championship teams with Jessica Moore who played high school ball in Palmer AK, one town over from Wasilla. Layla wants to have “family” on the team she selects. Sounds like UConn is an obvious front runner in that department. By the way, is it against any recruiting rules, to just happen to mention, in passing, that Jessica is the head of brand marketing at Nike?
I’ve wondered if UConn coaches ask recruits not to discuss scholarship offers. While some do publish photos sho which schools have offered, others release only limited info, perhaps in response to a direct question. Just wondering here.

Reaction Score
I’ve wondered if UConn coaches ask recruits not to discuss scholarship offers. While some do publish photos sho which schools have offered, others release only limited info, perhaps in response to a direct question. Just wondering here.
Interesting thought. This could explain why UConn suddenly appeared on Roberson’s finalists list.

Reaction Score
Maybe I don't know. Beyond the NCAA there is no rule-book for players or coaches as to how they handle it. Some players keep it private, others want to show they have 25 offers, cut it to 10, then 5 etc. Some coaches throw out offers to many players early in the process (Louisville seems to do this) and I think Uconn is toward the other end, making early offers to players they are sure about, but otherwise letting things play out a little bit.

Geno might indicate a potential interest but hold off on a formal offer depending on many other possible factors, but obviously if he waits too long he might lose someone he could have secured if he had acted sooner. Apparently both players and coaches have their own way to pursue it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom