November UConn (only) recruiting thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

November UConn (only) recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not positive, but the 1st player that she blocked looked a lot like Morgan Chelli.
I agree. # 3 had on a "West" uniform jersey. Maybe Morgan can bring Layla to
Storrs!! Layla was #10 in the North Jersey. Did anyone recognize # 24 passing
to Layla in the sequence in the middle of this video. Could be SARAH STRONG??!!
A nice pass from a BIG to a BIG!!

Reaction Score
I agree. # 3 had on a "West" uniform jersey. Maybe Morgan can bring Layla to
Storrs!! Layla was #10 in the North Jersey. Did anyone recognize # 24 passing
to Layla in the sequence in the middle of this video. Could be SARAH STRONG??!!
A nice pass from a BIG to a BIG!!
Definitely resembles Sarah Strong

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
On the wishlist?
1000006636.jpg

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Ridiculously advanced for a freshman. Very similar game to Maya Moore at this age.

I recently had a conversation with one of the top AAU coaches in the country and he told me a story about coaching against Maya when she played AAU ball. He then said to me: "Jordyn Palmer is the closest I've seen to Maya." Quite the compliment.

Reaction Score
I recently had a conversation with one of the top AAU coaches in the country and he told me a story about coaching against Maya when she played AAU ball. He then said to me: "Jordyn Palmer is the closest I've seen to Maya." Quite the compliment.
I'm not surprised at that comment. What jumped out to me was the core strength and control of her body along with the attack mentality. Very impressive for 14 years old. The other kid I've noticed this with is 2026 Jerzy Robinson. UConn will have room for both of them. ;)

Reaction Score
Layla Hays has a boatload of offers. Duke and Oregon are the most recent.

With offers like that I presume both she and Gandy will start showing up on ESPN's top 60 list for 2025 but both are missing from that now. Gandy probably because she might be more of a project that has only been in the country one year, and Layla because it is hard to get attention or be seen in Alaska.

Reaction Score
Darn Sluconn, it's so good to have you back where you belong, If we can find Carnac tranquility will prevail once again on the BY. Question: we get Morgan and Allie next year, do you think they will play as 1 and 2 or Maybe Morgan slides to wing. Plus what wing on our POI's and recruits best fits in as a Husky?
I'll give you a list of the kids I see having good wing skills. In '24 Ziebell is a pure 2 guard however Cheli is a wildcard. She has PG skills handling and passing and could play it as a backup option. But she can defend 2s and 3s and rebounds really well at both ends so her first shots at PT would probably come at those two spots.
In '25 the two best wings would be Alexander and Davidson if GA could get them plus McGaughy (no offer yet) can play wing well but probably projects as a stretch 4.
For '26 both Bjorn and Hall are really nice wing prospects. If UConn can get 1-2 of this mix in '25 and '26 they'll be stacked for awhile.

Reaction Score
Watching U.S.A. basketball this summer - it seemed to me that Allie was so thin and skinny compared to the other players. But now in High school games she appears much bigger and stronger. Just my eyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom