Non-Key Tweets | Page 80 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Your point being?

We got those homes for the BTN and all signs are pointing towards getting them near or at the rate we wanted.

God I hate the Rutgers arrogance so f*king much. Any rate the BTN is getting is based on the value of PSU, OSU, UM, MSU, NEB - NOT RUTTY. You sound like a Washington Generals fan boasting about your ticket sales.

Reaction Score
Your point being?

We got those homes for the BTN and all signs are pointing towards getting them near or at the rate we wanted.
My point being...are you really that dumb jay? Those homes are in CT..last time I knew CT isn't NJ....but since you seem to think that part of CT is in NJ I do know you failed geography in school. And don't give me any of your bs about "oh well" because if the shoe were on the other foot and people in Bergen County were being charged for the BTN because UCONN was brought in instead of RUyou would be saying the same thing!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sad to say this but the value wouldn't be that much. UCONN wouldn't be adding on to the rate in NYC more than likely, or if it did it wouldn't be all that much since the cable companies would probably say they already raised it once.

It depends on how much of the entirety of New England you can bring with you.
Disagree Jay. First and formost, UConn brings Connecticut. When SNY started broadcasting UConn games SNY wasn't in most of the state. Once UConn games were broadcast SNY not only got in but was able to charge $2.50 a STB for the service. Connecticut has a 3.6 million population with 1,360,184 households do that's a quick $3.4 million dollars a month or $40.8 million a year. That's a pretty sizable indicator of value.

Keep in mind that BTN makes money not only from STBs but also from advertisers. Like New Jersey, Connecticut has a pretty attractive demographic with a median household income of $69,519 (2008-2012). Unlike RU, UConn brings the top men's basketball program over the last 15 years. That star power means better ratings which means better advertiser revenue and better gate as well. As big as that is for men's team, UConn is unique in what it brings for woman's team. UConn fills arenas for woman's college basketball. Those filled arenas are revenue. The new American teams were shocked by it this past year. The fact that we can fill MSG also means more revenue when the B1G championship plays there.

Additionally, people actually watch UConn woman's basketball. Ratings lead to advertisers which leads to revenue. UConn fields a lot of sports, and fields them at a high level. With NCAA championships in men's basketball, women's basketball, soccer, and field hockey. I suspect that national championships brings value, especially to a conference that has it own network and is looking for content.

Also, as the B1G renegotiates it's TV contract it is likely that bring UConn on board will result in increased value in that deal as marquee team in men's and woman's basketball.

Add to that Connecticut's strong academics and research affiliations and I think it is pretty safe to say that UConn brings considerable value.

There's a reason why it has become fashionable to say that the B1G made a mistake when it invited RU of UConn. Connecticut is much more attractive in a whole lot of metrics. In the end NJ's 8.9 million people carried the day. Congrats. Being a densely populated state isn't the greatest thing to hang your hat on, but it did get RU in the B1G. On a go forward basis, that will be huge for you. Congrats.

Reaction Score
I don't deny that UCONN was attractive based on its accomplishments.

But despite us being the 'wrong' choice we got the BTN what they wanted and we got it for them fairly easily. I don't care how or why it happened all I care about is that it happened.

CL82

Reaction Score
I don't deny that UCONN was attractive based on its accomplishments.

But despite us being the 'wrong' choice we got the BTN what they wanted and we got it for them fairly easily. I don't care how or why it happened all I care about is that it happened.
Fair enough Jay. As I said often, I don't begrudge RU it's success in getting into the B1G. I'll be watching a lot of your games this year. Hopefully we will be in the same conference in the near future.

Reaction Score
I hope for that as well. UCONN and UVA, and then we can reconfigure the B1G East so we don't get murderer's row each year.

Reaction Score
You mean the school that was probably the most screwed by getting into a power conference?

Reaction Score
God I hate the Rutgers arrogance so f*king much. Any rate the BTN is getting is based on the value of PSU, OSU, UM, MSU, NEB - NOT RUTTY. You sound like a Washington Generals fan boasting about your ticket sales.
Washington Generals. Exactly!

Reaction Score
Fair enough Jay. As I said often, I don't begrudge RU it's success in getting into the B1G. I'll be watching a lot of your games this year. Hopefully we will be in the same conference in the near future.
As of right now I'm supportive of Rutgers to the B1G.
I hope that they become strong advocates of our future inclusion.
A game between us played in New York would go a long way in the areas college football revival. I'm old enough to remember ND and Army being a huge game.
Let's hope they don't do a Syracuse and stab us in the back.
If they take that route they will be "il tuo morte per me"
Like all our other former Big East mates with the possible exception of WV.

Reaction Score
As of right now I'm supportive of Rutgers to the B1G.
I hope that they become strong advocates of our future inclusion.
A game between us played in New York would go a long way in the areas college football revival. I'm old enough to remember ND and Army being a huge game.
Let's hope they don't do a Syracuse and stab us in the back.
If they take that route they will be "il tuo morte per me"
Like all our other former Big East mates with the possible exception of WV.

I also wish Rutgers the best as I know a lot of people who went their and whose kids are going there now. They are a state school that happened to be in a geographic sweet spot. Good for them. As for stabbing UConn in the face (in the back is when they are in the same conference), they first need to stop Hermann from stabbing themselves in the foot before they can stab anyone else.

Reaction Score

They are Jim Delany's baby now. That is all that needs to be said.

CL82

Reaction Score
@WHH - I've never found Rutgers fans to arrogant. Needy is the word that I'd use. They always seem to making the case for why they are a good team, school etc. and they never really seem all that convinced of it themselves. I suspect that may change if they have any success at all in the B1G.

Reactions: pj

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
@WHH - I've never found Rutgers fans to arrogant. Needy is the word that I'd use. They always seem to making the case for why they are a good team, school etc. and they never really seem all that convinced of it themselves. I suspect that may change if they have any success at all in the B1G.

Any time that a Rutgers fan trolls the board, the automated response given should be "Fencing. 1949." Let them feel like champions, too...

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 3h
All B12 fans & expansion junkies should pay close attention to what happens with Powers at Texas. Very close attention!
Bruce Harris ‏@JBruceHarris 3h
@theDudeofWV why?
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 3h
@JBruceHarris Powers played a role in keeping the Big 12 intact. He was pro Big 12.

Yeah, because if we've learned anything about realignment it is that the fate of conferences rest on a potential presidential change...

Wait, what?

There had been rumors that the new AD Patterson has had some interest in sniffing around to see what alternatives might be out there for UT. A new President that doesn't have blind loyalty to the Big 12 may let Patterson see what is out there.

They obviously have the LHN so any proposed moves would have to keep that (or its equal revenue) in place plus they must feel they would have the same access to the playoff as they currently have in the Big 12.

Patterson came from ASU so he may seek to have a conversation with the PAC12 or maybe Swofford makes another bend me over deal with them like he made with ND that lets them be partial members & keep the LHN.

While I doubt that the replacement of Powers at UT will result in immediate CR activity, this may be something to keep a long range eye on

Reaction Score
There had been rumors that the new AD Patterson has had some interest in sniffing around to see what alternatives might be out there for UT. A new President that doesn't have blind loyalty to the Big 12 may let Patterson see what is out there.

They obviously have the LHN so any proposed moves would have to keep that (or its equal revenue) in place plus they must feel they would have the same access to the playoff as they currently have in the Big 12.

Patterson came from ASU so he may seek to have a conversation with the PAC12 or maybe Swofford makes another bend me over deal with them like he made with ND that lets them be partial members & keep the LHN.

While I doubt that the replacement of Powers at UT will result in immediate CR activity, this may be something to keep a long range eye on

I believe that because of the LHN, which is ESPN, ESPN will strongly encourage Texas to look ACC or SEC over any other choice should Texas look to make a change. Texas has long supported staying in the Big XII, so I'm not sure they will go anywhere. It's Oklahoma that has aspirations for the PAC 12. They would be the encouragement for Texas to look west.

Reaction Score
I believe that because of the LHN, which is ESPN, ESPN will strongly encourage Texas to look ACC or SEC over any other choice should Texas look to make a change. Texas has long supported staying in the Big XII, so I'm not sure they will go anywhere. It's Oklahoma that has aspirations for the PAC 12. They would be the encouragement for Texas to look west.
According to their board Landthieves the Okie fans are 80/20 pro-B1G as they dont want to be relegated to the PTZ or PAC12 but know OSU would have to go it alone....I enjoy many hrs on their CR board...quite interesting how badly most hate WV and want out of the Big12 but need Texas and the Red River rivalry to stay alive to appease their big money boosters.Castiglione always has his eyes cast east.

Reaction Score
I'm sure the school would love an invite also but I don't see it happening for the reasons you mention.

If OU were to leave it would most likely start a domino reaction that breaks up the Big 12. Since UT would be moving on as well in that situation there is a likelihood that they can schedule each other OOC so the Red River Rivalry can survive.

The bigger issue is what happens to OSU? If they are tied to each other, as has been rumored, that would be the end of the Sooners to B1G since there is no chance OSU gets in

Reaction Score
According to their board Landthieves the Okie fans are 80/20 pro-B1G as they dont want to be relegated to the PTZ or PAC12 but know OSU would have to go it alone....I enjoy many hrs on their CR board...quite interesting how badly most hate WV and want out of the Big12 but need Texas and the Red River rivalry to stay alive to appease their big money boosters.Castiglione always has his eyes cast east.

80/20? No. I'd say they are pretty well split. Many like The PAC, others The B1G, and the football above everything else crew favors The SEC. I agree that very few want to remain in the current version of The Big 12 however. OU and KU fans do seem to HATE WVU's inclusion in the conference.

Reaction Score
80/20? No. I'd say they are pretty well split. Many like The PAC, others The B1G, and the football above everything else crew favors The SEC. I agree that very few want to remain in the current version of The Big 12 however. OU and KU fans do seem to HATE WVU's inclusion in the conference.
My numbers may have been off some but NONE mentioned ACC and many did mention the SEC lol..I spent (and seen your posts) quite a few hrs there and was impressed with the level of poster but that Pacific Time zone thing is a buzz killer and having lived in the San Fernando valley in LA,Ca with transplanted Okies and Jayhawks was impressed with them as nice decent all american type folks!! Thats probably the sliver of PAC appeal? Im still good friends with many today.

Reaction Score
There are so many ways this could play out, in the event of a B12 breakup. First, if the scenario unfolds, from most ACC fans' perspective they would prefer Texas as a #16, even as a partial. If not, then it becomes interesting. UT to the PAC surely means OU follows them. Then it becomes a question of if KU follows OU or Okie State tags along.I think the PAC, if given a choice, 100% prefers Kansas. Okie State could go SEC. West Virginia could find themselves in the ACC, with UConn (my preference) or Iowa State. If it is the oft-mentioned foursome of UT OU TT OSU to the PAC then I could see the B1G make a play for Kansas and Mizzou, as there are no other viable options for them, being that the ACC would definitely survive in that scenario. The SEC can then take WVU, for all I care.

pj

Reaction Score
Kansas would far prefer the B1G to Pac. They have a lot of affinity to Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Indiana. Not much affinity to California, Arizona, Oregon, Washington, or Utah. Plus the travel is worse in the Pac and the money is better in the B1G.

And if Kansas goes B1G, I don't see why Oklahoma and Texas wouldn't follow.

But if OU and UT went to the Pac with TT and OSU (and taking care of little brothers would be the only reason to do it), then I think the B1G goes for Kansas and UConn in preference to Kansas and Missouri, assuming Missouri is even available. Kansas gives them Kansas City, they already have part of St Louis with Illinois, and Connecticut with no pro sports teams and penetration to New England and New York is worth more than Missouri with multiple pro teams, no out of state penetration, and its home state already half-penetrated by Kansas and Illinois. The only advantage Missouri has is AAU.

CL82

Reaction Score
There are so many ways this could play out, in the event of a B12 breakup. First, if the scenario unfolds, from most ACC fans' perspective they would prefer Texas as a #16, even as a partial. If not, then it becomes interesting. UT to the PAC surely means OU follows them. Then it becomes a question of if KU follows OU or Okie State tags along.I think the PAC, if given a choice, 100% prefers Kansas. Okie State could go SEC. West Virginia could find themselves in the ACC, with UConn (my preference) or Iowa State. If it is the oft-mentioned foursome of UT OU TT OSU to the PAC then I could see the B1G make a play for Kansas and Mizzou, as there are no other viable options for them, being that the ACC would definitely survive in that scenario. The SEC can then take WVU, for all I care.
You know having UT and ND in the ACC would sure be interesting to watch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom