Non-Key Tweets | Page 82 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Is this a serious tweet? SEC has two schools in Mississippi, Alabama and Tennessee. They're going to balk at UT because they don't want a second Texas school?

Seems to be the doctrine...when discussing FSU to the SEC.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Seems to be the doctrine...when discussing FSU to the SEC.
No offense but FSU ain't Texas. UT owns Texas. UF owns Florida, hence FSU's redundancy. Same goes for Clemson or GT.

pj

Reaction Score
ME: I doubt A&M would receive UT enthusiastically but might swallow it since they're in their dream conference. Mizzou left the B12 to get away from Texas. It would be an almost-B12 situation for them again. One thing for sure is that this scenario would force the Big Ten to start merger talks with the PAC immediately.

The SEC would love to get UT and Oklahoma, and A&M wouldn't have a say. The B1G is not going to merge with the Pac. If Texas and Oklahoma went to the SEC, the logical response would be for the B1G to pick up Kansas and UConn. Top basketball league. Anything with the Pac could be done later, but there would be an immediate need for the B12 schools to resolve their situations.

Reaction Score
Two years ago...from the Book of Kook archives:

The Dude of WV ‏@theDudeofWV
@hihoze @JSi07 Its back on again. B12 agreed to add FSU as 11.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Two years ago...from the Book of Kook archives:

The Dude of WV ‏@theDudeofWV
@hihoze @JSi07 Its back on again. B12 agreed to add FSU as 11.
I wish it was true. Then UConn would not be in this position thanks to FSU. I still hope Louisville kicks them in the nuts.

Reaction Score
Dooley said:
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 2h If the AAC is significantly involved in the new structure then expect the Big 12 to expand to gut the AAC.

If the AAC gets gutted, the remains will join forces with the MWC and create the same problem. You can't gut the AAC without taking UConn. Take Cincy and UCF and the league will keep moving forward. I don't think the B12 will take UConn solely due to location, so I'm not sure I buy the B12 expanding to kill the AAC.

Last edited:

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
It wouldn't just be the B12 that would try to "gut" the AAC. No P5 conference wants to share any money with a P6th.

I guess UCONN fans finally have a reason to root for the AAC: pimp up the IDEA that the AAC should be a 6th P and hope it sticks. I guess it would first start with leading the parade to convince every AAC member to adapt whatever the P5 passes. If the impression is out there that the AAC could/would/should become a P6 threat, then we would see the CR train leave the station again.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV Jul 20
Who’s ready for unfounded expansion rumors during B12 meeting week? Can I start one?

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV Jul 20
Lets see… how about this: the B12 will consider adding JR members. The JR member gets 1/4 conf ) & only 3 conf home games for first 6 years.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · Jul 20
Or how about this: A few AAC schools will attend B12 meetings & plan to kidnap Bowlsby & hold him hostage until they are admitted.

ME: Who knows. Maybe it'll come true after all. ;)

Christopher Lambert@theDudeofWV Jul 21
If the AAC is significantly involved in the new structure then expect the Big 12 to expand to gut the AAC.

Mo Persinger@hmpersinger3 Jul 21
@theDudeofWV why would we do that when none of the teams add tv value? Esp if we can stage C Game with 10?

@hmpersinger3 Leverage. Potential playoff $ and conf cut of pie + TV networks willing to throw some extra $ into the contract.

John Ashworth@Poca_Ashworth Jul 21
@theDudeofWV who would be at the top? Cinci, UCF, Houston?

@hmpersinger3 Yet its just a possibility. One that's real. August will reveal all.

@hmpersinger3 I should add real and at this point remote. Maybe 20% chance...

@theDudeofWV no one is going to give us any extra $$$ (including me) for Cinncinnati and UCF.

@theDudeofWV we need to stay pay at 10 unless we can get FSU and Clemson

@hmpersinger3 It's a calculation based on playoff $ and the possibility of markets being added.

@hmpersinger3 That's not going to happen. That ship sailed. So did Louisville... Thank Deloss Dodds for that...

@theDudeofWV WVU would be double hosed by AAC expansion because league would spilt and we would only play good teams every other year.

@hmpersinger3 My thoughts are the Big 12 has to expand & movement is done. the Big 5 will stay the Big 5 until they eventually merge.

@hmpersinger3 Then we'll see location based divisions.

FD 1207@FD1207 Jul 21
@theDudeofWV @chiucfgal UCF would add a top 18 tv market, FL recruiting, 2nd largest university and still growing (medical city) and more.

Daniel Freer@DWFreer Jul 21
@theDudeofWV The AAC won't stand pat. Many of their current members produce more revenue and TV ratings than many Power Trip 5 schools

ME: Just have a P6 instead of this complicated mess.

Reaction Score
UCF would add a top 18 tv market, FL recruiting, 2nd largest university and still growing (medical city) and more.

Interesting how UCF was consistently scoffed at as a Big East expansion candidate. There was the USF President's reluctance to add a nearby competitor capable of diverting attention and recruits (sound like BC?). Looks like
a BCS Bowl win and #1NFL QB Draft choice got folks to take another look and analyze them differently. Now they seem to be coveted.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
UCF would add a top 18 tv market, FL recruiting, 2nd largest university and still growing (medical city) and more.

Interesting how UCF was consistently scoffed at as a Big East expansion candidate. There was the USF President's reluctance to add a nearby competitor capable of diverting attention and recruits (sound like BC?). Looks like
a BCS Bowl win and #1NFL QB Draft choice got folks to take another look and analyze them differently. Now they seem to be coveted.

If anyone in the AAC was coveted they wouldn't be in the AAC.

Reaction Score
I don't think UCF is a good add at all. They have no market presence. They won a big game, that's all. Based on actual contracts with IMG and SNY, UConn is far more valuable and dominates its own market. UCF is a joke in terms of brand and market share. I think message board fans create all of this. Look at it this way. We know that UConn has had ACC interest and it is likely that we have some B10 interest. Nobody is going to add UCF unless the B12 does, no chance. They can't be that high on anyone's list. Adding UConn or BYU gives the Big 12 some cushion in terms of having quality programs on board and quality content. If movement started to occur again, the B12 could then lose UConn, Kansas, TX and OK and backfill with UCF, Cincy etc. Right now, conferences need to add the very best brands so that they have disposable assets. Adding schools nobody else is ever going to add doesn't make sense in a competitive environment. They could add UCF and Cincy in addition to UConn and BYU, but adding them instead would be crazy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm not implying UCF would be a target of the ACC. They already have Fl presence as does SEC. But the Big XII could move into FL with a UCF addition. My point is UCF is currently perceived as more viable to the Big XII than they ever were to the Big East. Perception of a program's value to a conference can change rather quickly, especially with a heavy dose of rationalization thrown in.

pj

Reaction Score
UCF has a good size market, #18, but they are #3 in their own market after Florida and FSU. UConn has the #20 market (Connecticut) plus penetration into #1 and #7, and is #1 in its market without even any competition. From a TV perspective, especially from a cable TV perspective, UConn is far more valuable.

However, the question is, does UCF add recruiting power to the B12 football programs, and also can UCF become a big enough draw in Florida so that the B12 can split Florida with the SEC and ACC. You could argue for strategic upside there.

Reaction Score
I'm not implying UCF would be a target of the ACC. They already have Fl presence as does SEC. But the Big XII could move into FL with a UCF addition. My point is UCF is currently perceived as more viable to the Big XII than they ever were to the Big East. Perception of a program's value to a conference can change rather quickly, especially with a heavy dose of rationalization thrown in.
I wasn't saying that you were implying that the ACC might add UCF. What I am trying to say is that WVU, Okie St fans and others come up with UCF as a viable candidate on message boards, but I don't buy it that B12 officials agree. My point was that the B12 should only add schools other conferences might want. Those schools are BYU, UConn and to a much lesser extent, Cincy. Nobody is going to take UCF unless the B12 does, so why bother? This is an arms race. The B12 needs to draft the best players available so when they lose someone they still have value. We know UConn carries a large market and dominates it. That is indisputable fact. No other program in the AAC does that, that's why we don't make squat for TV revenue. The B12's only benefit in adding UCF is to recruit Florida and I'm not sure it even matters if they have a FL team for that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Fact: If the Big-XII added UConn the Huskies could sell out Yale Bowl yesterday while waiting for Rent expansion to start. UConn would be competitive in all Big-XII sponsored sports. The problem is would the Big-XII pull the trigger to include UConn. WVU wouldn't object, but I'm not sure how the influential parties would vote.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Fact: If the Big-XII added UConn the Huskies could sell out Yale Bowl yesterday while waiting for Rent expansion to start. UConn would be competitive in all Big-XII sponsored sports. The problem is would the Big-XII pull the trigger to include UConn. WVU wouldn't object, but I'm not sure how the influential parties would vote.

The Yale bowl premise... again?

How many times a year does this have to be rehashed. Never happening. Ever.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
With UCF it's all about accepting the current level while betting on the future.

Florida recruiting and the Orlando market aren't going away any time soon.

And unlike many schools the alumni base is young and expanding.

I always thought that the BE should have added UCF a long time ago. USF's turf protecting hurt the BE.

Reaction Score
The Yale bowl premise... again?

How many times a year does this have to be rehashed. Never happening. Ever.
I used Yale Bowl as evidence of capacity that could be filled. Of COURSE the games would be played at the RENT. Temp. seating would be used a la the Michigan game until such time as the RENT expansion was completed. The salient point was that UConn would have no problem selling 60k for home games against the Big-XII heavyweights. Read between the lines before you go ballistic.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I used Yale Bowl as evidence of capacity that could be filled. Of COURSE the games would be played at the RENT. Temp. seating would be used a la the Michigan game until such time as the RENT expansion was completed. The salient point was that UConn would have no problem selling 60k for home games against the Big-XII heavyweights. Read between the lines before you go ballistic.

You said UConn could sell out the Yale bowl while waiting for the Rent
expansion.

There's a difference between reading between the lines and reading minds.

That all being said, 60K is absolutely doable in that conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom