Non-Key Tweets | Page 61 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
The fact that both conference tournaments are in Connecticut could be telling. It enables the AAC conference to bank UConn's popularity (revenue) in advance of a potential transition in conference affiliation. Shrewd move.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Not in a position to copy and paste right now, but is tweeting some positive stuff re UCONN.

What is the positive stuff and who is tweeting it?

dayooper

Reaction Score
Take with a grain of salt, of course

MHver3 ‏@MHver3 2h
How much has Uconn winning another NCAA title helped their chances at getting an invite from 1 of the Power5 conferences?More than you think

MHver3 ‏@MHver3 2h
With things being uncertain and some schools considering a future without football,Uconn has propped itself up nicely to be the next one in

MHver3 ‏@MHver3 2h
I can say with much certainty that Uconn has fans in high places in the B12 and that geography is the only barrier

MHver3 ‏@MHver3 1h
Those who are patient will be rewarded. The landscape is not done changing-not by a mile. A plan for the future is being made as we speak

MHver3 ‏@MHver3 1h
The current revenue model is not sustainable especially with the alarming rate at which ratings are dropping

MHver3 ‏@MHver3 1h
College Football will be a completely different near-unrecognizable entity within a decade. Lets hope it will be for the better

MHver3 ‏@MHver3 1h
To be a part of that future schools are going to have to be a P5 member..its coming. Some will be left out-even some already in P5 it seems

dayooper

Reaction Score
For some really freaking idiotic reason, his name is blocked by our spam filter.

This statement, whether intended to be sarcastic or not, is very funny to me

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Take with a grain of salt, of course

‏@ 2h
How much has Uconn winning another NCAA title helped their chances at getting an invite from 1 of the Power5 conferences?More than you think

‏@ 2h
With things being uncertain and some schools considering a future without football,Uconn has propped itself up nicely to be the next one in

‏@ 2h
I can say with much certainty that Uconn has fans in high places in the B12 and that geography is the only barrier

‏@ 1h
Those who are patient will be rewarded. The landscape is not done changing-not by a mile. A plan for the future is being made as we speak

‏@ 1h
The current revenue model is not sustainable especially with the alarming rate at which ratings are dropping

‏@ 1h
College Football will be a completely different near-unrecognizable entity within a decade. Lets hope it will be for the better

‏@ 1h
To be a part of that future schools are going to have to be a P5 member..its coming. Some will be left out-even some already in P5 it seems
We're among the last group of conference realignment hopefuls, if he wants hits he better placate us.

Reaction Score
MH3 ‏@MH3 3h

jay ‏@jay_256 3h
@MH3 LMAO, the powers that be don't give a damn about basketball. If that were the case Memphis would be in SEC. It's all about football.

MH3 ‏@MHr3 3h
@jay_256 When the powers that be are collecting those huge paydays from the tourney instead of ncaa they will

jay ‏@jay_256 3h
@MH3 That's wishful thinking. But IF realignment starts back up, Cincy would be first to go. Then UConn and Memphis. But that's down rd.

Rich Saglimbene ‏@RichSaglimbene 1h
@jay_256 @MH3 why cincy?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Seriously, has he just taken to posting people's fortune cookies?

Reaction Score
MH3 ‏@MH3 2h
In announcing the new Div1 sub-division the power5 have effectively cut the legs out from under every other conference..BUT(cont)

MH3 ‏@MH3 2h
(2/2)...the fears are that it is too little too late and the "player revolution" has too much momentum to stop-they have only slowed it down

MH3 ‏@MH3 2h
paying the extra half a million in scholarships and stipends is not going to hurt a single school in the upper echelon(P5)

MH3 ‏@MH3 2h
But a nation-wide players union would be the end of elite level football at numerous P5 universities...

MH3 ‏@MH3 2h
at least 6 schools would drop football totally or drop down a level. depending on the actual circumstances of a union that number could grow

MH3 ‏@MH3 2h
Even schools like WVU and VT are concerned about where this all heading

Gerald ‏@geraldg1964 2h
@MH3 What school would likely opt out?

MH3 ‏@MH3 2h
@geraldg1964 I've heard Wake, Northwestern, BC, Duke, Vandy among others

Brad Weiss ‏@UConnPittDad 2h
@MH3 Where do you think UConn ends up in all of this?

Reaction Score
Alex Prewitt ‏@alex_prewitt 16m
Two items from the ACC's analysis: Its new TV agreement w/ ESPN is worth ~$275m & ESPN/ACC will meet within next 2 months to talk network.

The timing fits in nicely for a something to happen before August on either the BIG or ACC front. 2 networks, 1 name brand university with top brand content and high paying cable subscribers right in both footprints and the shadow of NYC.

Reaction Score
Alex Prewitt ‏@alex_prewitt 16m
Two items from the ACC's analysis: Its new TV agreement w/ ESPN is worth ~$275m & ESPN/ACC will meet within next 2 months to talk network.

The timing fits in nicely for a something to happen before August on either the BIG or ACC front. 2 networks, 1 name brand university with top brand content and high paying cable subscribers right in both footprints and the shadow of NYC.

That's $19m per team. While a heckuva lot better than the $2m UConn gets, $19m is not the $22-25m that ACC fans keep crowing about.

Just think of this: the B1G schools received $26m in 2012, and they are on track for $30m+ in the near future.

They could be earning $11-16m more than the ACC schools within the next several years (3-5).

Reaction Score
That's $19m per team. While a heckuva lot better than the $2m UConn gets, $19m is not the $22-25m that ACC fans keep crowing about.

Just think of this: the B1G schools received $26m in 2012, and they are on track for $30m+ in the near future.

They could be earning $11-16m more than the ACC schools within the next several years (3-5).

And the projections provided to Maryland say it may actually be $40+MM http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/pete_thamel/11/19/maryland-big-ten-money/ which makes it $20-$25MM more per year

Reaction Score
But, on the flip side, don't get your hopes up for the B1G. I just read that the B1G schools are each getting a million less (from $8m to $7m) this year from the BTN, all because Nebraska has just become fully vested as a BTN member. So, it seems every time you add a school, you have to weigh the national revenues paid by Fox and ESPN and ABC against the decrease in BTN revenues (unless Rutgers and Maryland prove their worth ASAP, which obviously Nebraska can't do as a low pop. state).

In other words, the B1G may really be on the VERY slow road to expansion.

Reaction Score
But, on the flip side, don't get your hopes up for the B1G. I just read that the B1G schools are each getting a million less (from $8m to $7m) this year from the BTN, all because Nebraska has just become fully vested as a BTN member. So, it seems every time you add a school, you have to weigh the national revenues paid by Fox and ESPN and ABC against the decrease in BTN revenues (unless Rutgers and Maryland prove their worth ASAP, which obviously Nebraska can't do as a low pop. state).

I agree that the revenues get diluted but remember that the B1G is the last conference still working on their old TV contract and is in line for a huge bump in 2016 or 2017 when the new one gets bid on.

The only thing that could stop that is if the TV bubble bursts which I don't think will happen in the next 2-3 years

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I agree that the revenues get diluted but remember that the B1G is the last conference still working on their old TV contract and is in line for a huge bump in 2016 or 2017 when the new one gets bid on.

The only thing that could stop that is if the TV bubble bursts which I don't think will happen in the next 2-3 years
Well that or if they failed to add the school that has won 4 national championships in the last 15 years, in the state in which a significant portion of the NYC DMA is located, who recently showed that MSG is a de facto home court. Either of those things could prevent them from maximizing the profit from the next contract.

Reaction Score

Conversely, during the years that Nebraska was receiving a lesser payout, member schools were essentially pocketing Nebraska's valuation. At least that's my understanding.

Reaction Score
Kevin McNamara‏@KevinMcNamara33 1h
ACC counting its $$$....Maryland submits ACC-conducted market analysis http://wapo.st/1ptAK4u

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom