Non-Key Tweets | Page 48 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert‏@ChrsLambertMSNN6h
Based on comments made by Oliver Luck we can expect the Gang of 5 to almost exclusively play each other.

Gang of 5 or G5 hereafter are ACC, Big 10, Big 12, Pac 12 and SEC.
Wait a minute... i thought uconn was in the gang of five. Have the p5 taken that now too?

Reaction Score
Wait a minute... i thought uconn was in the gang of five. Have the p5 taken that now too?

Nah - just the Dude doing mushrooms. He must have decided P5 didn't work for him so he renamed them G5!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah the power 5 will only play each other... they love explaining why they are 5-7.

Listen close... Rutgers calls Norfolk State... It's not you.. It's me... Forget it baby - I can't quit you.

Reaction Score
Yeah the power 5 will only play each other... they love explaining why they are 5-7.

Listen close... Rutgers calls Norfolk State... It's not you.. It's me... Forget it baby - I can't quit you.

BC didn't get the Dude's memo:

“@FBSchedules: Boston College Football Schedule: Eagles Replace Rhode Island With Maine In 2014 http://sbn.to/1aB6GpM via @bcinterruption”

Reaction Score
Based on comments made by Oliver Luck we can expect the Gang of 5 to almost exclusively play each other.

That tweet is downright stupid, the SEC teams schedule 1 sunbelt team every year, an easy win they can play anytime during the season. They aren't going to change their scheduling for anyone.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score

Power 5 are the conferences listed above... the AAC, MAC, MWC, C-USA and Sun Belt are in the Gang of 5 -- stupid stupid West Virginians.

Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda‏@TuxedoYoda7 Dec
1st serious realignment buzz from Patterson regime at Texas. He wants B12 at 12. UCF & CINCINNATI, come on down.

@JHold22 not going to be BYU. Fox wants Florida and Ohio tv markets.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
1st serious realignment buzz from Patterson regime at Texas. He wants B12 at 12. UCF & CINCINNATI, come on down.

@JHold22 not going to be BYU. Fox wants Florida and Ohio tv markets.
Hm. I didn't see that, then I checked if I unfollowed Tux. I didn't... he blocked me for some reason!?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Hm. I didn't see that, then I checked if I unfollowed Tux. I didn't... he blocked me for some reason!?
He seems to have blocked a lot of us Boneyard folk. Not sure why.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Strange that any CR tweeter would turn UConn fans off. Does anyone else care about CR outside of UConn fans?

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
He seems to have blocked a lot of us Boneyard folk. Not sure why.

Yoda blocked me after i gently mocked him for tweeting something about the B12 recruiting LSU and Arkansas.

Yoda's one of the more sensitive snatches out there tweeting about realignment.

Reaction Score
He's a self absorbed, whiny idiot. You should be worried if he didn't block you.

Reaction Score
He probably reads this board, and gets info from here, twists it around, and calls it his own.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
In the category of non, non, non, non, non key tweets... HFD is back at it on twitter. By "it" I mean making up scenarios and trying to pass it off as sourced rumors. The new owners of theuconnblog seem to have fallen for it.

Reaction Score
In the category of non, non, non, non, non key tweets... HFD is back at it on twitter. By "it" I mean making up scenarios and trying to pass it off as sourced rumors. The new owners of theuconnblog seem to have fallen for it.
UConnblog nas new owners?

junglehusky

Reaction Score
UConnblog nas new owners?
Maybe "owner" is the wrong term but yeah, the main guy was Andrew (not Callahan) who graduated law school and is now @NoEscalators. The crew that now blogs for theuconnblog are all newer, I think.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

Can I admit that I miss HFD a little bit? Aside from constantly being told that I (and every Yarder) was a lousy fan for various reasons, I enjoyed his recruiting info and the wild-eyed CR scenarios at least entertained me during the offseason months. Oh, and I don't miss the hard-to-decipher grammar and punctuation either. But the rants…ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh the rants…some were quite classic.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Twitter being Twitter, this is in reverse-chronological order, so read from the bottom up.

Go B1G or Go Home ‏@B1GConn 8h
Also, congrats to UCF. Impressive night all around for them. Maybe they can parlay this into a b12 invite with little brother USF.

Can UConn with ND and Cuse get the #ACC on tv in NYC? These are my questions. I think both answers are probably yes if this is for real.

Does the combo of ND and Cincy get a #ACC network on tv in Ohio?

The acc can't wait for a Kansas like the b1g can. They supposedly are better off adding and finishing off the conf now then later.

Both Cincy and uconn are worthwhile programs. They have value. Only so many schools left do.

If this were to happen, I would have to think the MAC tries to add temple, Marshall and ODU. Side effects of shifts...

Maybe not $40mil like the b1g or sec. But this potential lineup prob gets them mid 30s. Makes $ense.

I have to say, if the #acc really is going to get a network! then this is a network monster that can compete with the others.

You finish off your building of a power conference before the other leagues have. Power play is what I see in JS's eyes.

FSU plays for the national ship, a win would be huge for the league. How to you take that win and parlay that into more strength?

I don't quite understand the next week vs any random week talk. But I think I have the answer to it.

@junglehusky If the b12 adds a Cincy or the b1g adds a uconn or the sec adds a wvu, who can the acc get to have 16 schools?

Go B1G or Go Home ‏@B1GConn 9h
@junglehusky It's not about survival like it was a year ago. It's about long term having your best possible league vs sec/pac/b1g

The GOR putt he acc in the "haves". I think JS is trying to kill off the b12 by leaving them nothing possibly good enough to survive

Now and not let the b12 add and then have to wait until 2020s to get your full size of a conf. of 16.

Personal thought- the #ACC sees worthwhile program left at the table and if the goal is 16, it's easier and more stable to act...

Now heated up to the point action may be happening this calendar year.

I'm hearing this from a friend who used to be a employee of UConn until somewhat recently. I guess talks were on going and have....

I would personally like it more with WVU but Cincy should be in a power like Uconn should be. Imagine 18 with WVU and ND come 2025?

The b12 can't last past 2025. It's a slot in the "haves" for life. Do your thing Susan. Do your thing.

Considering what we see today CR wise, how can you say no to that? The #acc is clearly 1 of the power 4 longterm.

As a B1G groupie I am conflicted. I want the best for #UConn. And I think the B1G is that long term. But...

Pretty serious rumor I guess. It has a lot of interesting things in it that make $ense.

Go B1G or Go Home ‏@B1GConn
9h
Navy and USC will be 2 of those always. The other 2 will be different games as they wish.

Also talks of ND moving to 8 games a year in football vs the #ACC as part of the overall move. 4 vs each division giving them 4 OOC per year

Talk is of a 16 game bball schedule with 17 schools rotating home and away by year. Or 18 with 2 perm/nonperm depending on teams rivals.

Supposedly this is part of the division realignment in the #acc.

A rumor of #Cincy and #UConn to the ACC next week has suddenly been floated around in some circles.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom