Non-Key Tweets | Page 49 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
I'm not seeing this rumor he speaks of coming from anywhere other than his own delusions. He's great, but off his rocker.

Last August, he posted the following under the name Tennessee Tuxedo on the CSNbbs board :

Susan Herbst will be meeting with Jim Delany near Chicago, Illinois later this evening.

This is a follow up meeting on the discussions that took place 4 weeks ago with regards to the University of Connecticut advancing forward to an entry into the Big Ten Conference in March-February of 2014.

Now we're going to the ACC?

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
It's 100% HFD.
It's him...who knows maybe he went to rehab and is on the wagon...
...and no slashes....but it is him.
After reading them all more closely... I guess sounds like him now -- he had "favorited" one my tweets a couple of weeks ago and I read his tweets and he sounded like just a student in Storrs. Is there verbal/visual confirmation? Also, his scout ID says WNEC grad... Western New England College? I know HFD didn't go to UConn... is that where we went?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Last August, he posted the following under the name Tennessee Tuxedo on the CSNbbs board :

Susan Herbst will be meeting with Jim Delany near Chicago, Illinois later this evening.

This is a follow up meeting on the discussions that took place 4 weeks ago with regards to the University of Connecticut advancing forward to an entry into the Big Ten Conference in March-February of 2014.

Now we're going to the ACC?
Well you have understand that we've turned down the ACC on at least two prior occasions....

Reaction Score
After reading them all more closely... I guess sounds like him now -- he had "favorited" one my tweets a couple of weeks ago and I read his tweets and he sounded like just a student in Storrs. Is there verbal/visual confirmation? Also, his scout ID says WNEC grad... Western New England College? I know HFD didn't go to UConn... is that where we went?

Yes...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It's like in Wedding Crashers when that chick says "Are you completely full of or just 50%?"

He's thrown some stuff against the wall to see what sticks, and he's thrown out some nuggets of real actual info. This one (to me) doesn't feel like an out and out fabrication, but who knows how true or not it may be.

Reaction Score
CTMike said:
It's like in Wedding Crashers when that chick says "Are you completely full of or just 50%?"

He's thrown some stuff against the wall to see what sticks, and he's thrown out some nuggets of real actual info. This one (to me) doesn't feel like an out and out fabrication, but who knows how true or not it may be.

This one feels very dude of WV-ish to me. Makes enough sense that people want to believe it, quotes an unnamed source who works for the school, and he questions whether he wants it to occur or not. Oh and it is complete BS. Feels right out if the dude's playbook to me.

I'm a HFD fan though so I'm just glad he found an outlet to post his dream scenarios. His return to csnbbs as from the inside was epic while it lasted.

Reaction Score
Well, at least it's entertaining.
I hope the news gets here sooner, but I'm afraid that it most likely comes when we are not obsessed by it like Morgan Freeman in Shawshank redemption.

Reaction Score
It looks like the well dressed Jedi Master is lobbying for you to the Big 12.

Tuxedo Yoda ‏@TuxedoYoda 1h
@Waterboyz1976 Cinci & UCF would be ideal to get B12 to 12. I'd love to see UCF, USF, Cinci and UConn to make it the Big 14.

Reaction Score

@Waterboyz1976 Cinci & UCF would be ideal to get B12 to 12. I'd love to see UCF, USF, Cinci and UConn to make it the Big 14.

UCONN would be incredibly jet-lagged with that conference schedule.

Reaction Score
I typed "uconn and.." and google finished it with "uconn and cincy to acc." However all the articles were old speculation from the time of the UL addition.

Reaction Score
An eastern POD of WVU, Cincy, UCF and USF along with 2 other schools is nothing different than we do right now in the AAC. In fact it may be a bit better.

Very true. We could have a regional rivalry with Cincinnati...the two teams most screwed over in CR.

Reaction Score
I used to follow tuxedo Yoda..but I am now on the blocked by user list

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
An eastern POD of WVU, Cincy, UCF and USF along with 2 other schools (Iowa St and Kansas or K State) is nothing different than we do right now in the AAC. In fact it may be a bit better.

Agreed. I'd sign us up for the PAC-12 to get us out of this crummy conference. Travel budgets be damned…we need to play against other schools that are in our athletic budget ballpark! When you consider that our closest rival is Temple then East Carolina and maybe Memphis, I'd replace them with WVU/Cinci/UCF/USF/2 random B12 schools any day.

Reaction Score

Big 14 East: UConn, Cinci, USF, UCF, WVU, KU, ISU
Big 14 West: Texas, Baylor, Tech, OU, OSU, KSU, TCU

Travel not much different than AAC.

Reaction Score
Why does everyone (myself included I guess) assume USF will ultimately find itself in a better conference?

Reaction Score
The only thing we may see
Big 14 East: UConn, Cinci, USF, UCF, WVU, KU, ISU
Big 14 West: Texas, Baylor, Tech, OU, OSU, KSU, TCU

Travel not much different than AAC.
The only change we would possibly see in this OU and OSU put ion the east with OU being guaranteed a crossover game every year with UT. That would pretty much guarantee a rematch in the b-12 championship game between the 2 if they both have good seasons as their history says they should.

Reaction Score
Why does everyone (myself included I guess) assume USF will ultimately find itself in a better conference?
TV sets in Fla..same reason Rutgers is going to the B1G.

Reaction Score

I feel like the only real P5 home for USF and UCF is the Big 12. The other Florida schools block any shot at SEC/ACC and PAC and B1G are too much of a stretch for those conferences.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

I can't speak for others, but I'd give them a nod in a UCF package deal to lock in the Tampa/Orlando TV markets and for recruiting ground. Both have fairly large student bodies. The academics are meh, I think (too lazy to actually look this up though), so it would mostly be a TV and recruiting angle to add them. I think it would work best as a tandem though. Isolating UCF or USF as an outlier won't be as effective, in my opinion, because both would probably struggle coming out of the gates in a P5 conference (as would we, to be fair).

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
KU and ISU would never agree to that.

Travel budget goes up, they lose games in Texas for recruiting and they lose games with their rivals.

As for UConn? I'll take it in a heart beat and offer Texas/ Oklahoma games at Giant Stadium if we have to.

People saying the travel is going to be a burden must have not seen a map of the AAC teams recently.

Reaction Score
KU and ISU would never agree to that.

Travel budget goes up, they lose games in Texas for recruiting and they lose games with their rivals.

As for UConn? I'll take it in a heart beat and offer Texas/ Oklahoma games at Giant Stadium if we have to.

People saying the travel is going to be a burden must have not seen a map of the AAC teams recently.

I was thinking that Temple and Rutgers were at least only a bus ride away. But with Rutgers leaving, travel is about the same in either conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom