Non-Key Tweets | Page 43 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
If Herbst going to Chicago actually is for a B1G meeting, which is doubtful (I go to Chicago for work 2 to 3 times a year myself, not to mention connections), and it UConn has been accepted to the B1G, the biggest hurdle is who is UConn’s partner as the B1G is not going to an odd number of team for anyone outside of ND and Texas.

Correct me if I am wrong. You go to Chicago several times and not once have you stopped by the B1G office to promote UConn and sing our praises? Sir, you disgust me. Next time grab a lawn chair, hold a UConn sign and park yourself at their front door. Oh, and remember to wear the tin fool hat.

Reaction Score

Sure! Does the Boneyard have a rental car I can use because I have honestly never been to the ‘burbs of Chicago? All of my trips have been concentrated in the Loop and River North.

At least the B1G’s new office in Rosemont (Fall 2013) is close enough to walk (safety is a separate issue) from ORD.

http://leopardo.com/portfolio/big-ten-conference-hq/

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sure! Does the Boneyard have a rental car I can use because I have honestly never been to the ‘burbs of Chicago? All of my trips have been concentrated in the Loop and River North.

At least the B1G’s new office in Rosemont (Fall 2013) is close enough to walk (safety is a separate issue) from ORD.

Really the price of rental car stands between you and supporting UConn? You sicken me.

This is your moment. Go forth and promote your university. I have the utmost confidence in you.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

You.

Say-Anything.jpg

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert@theDudeofWV19h
Big 12 is officially vetting candidates again.

The Sports Bros@SportsBros2h
@theDudeofWV @Pioneerloft Officially, or it is officially rumored?

Christopher Lambert@theDudeofWV1h
@SportsBros @Pioneerloft Meaning the expansion committee is talking again.

@pfac51 It looks like anyone hoping to add a B12 school will have to wait 12 years & by that time I bet its moot because the div 4 - cont.

@pfac51 Will have made anything other than geographic realignment unnecessary because they will all share revenues.

@pfac51 I think things are going to be quiet until Texas is settled and the division 4 stuff works out. Not much the B1G can do.

Christopher Lambert@theDudeofWV2h
@pfac51 I think the Texas folks are just dreaming if they think they can get out of the Big 12's GoR. Nobody, not even UT, gives up the $.

Trim Kenobi-Manfro@pfac511h
@theDudeofWV so you don't think texas or kansas would leave the BigXII in year 10? Or year 11?

@pfac51 I think by the time its feasible for anyone to leave the Big 12 they won't have a reason to leave because of the new division 4.

Reaction Score
Oliver Luck will be next AD at Texas. Whit Babcock is likely to replace Luck. That’s all I can/will say.

MH3@MH34h
Oliver Luck will be interviewing for UT Athletic Director next week. If they offer he will accept.

Reaction Score

I like this part - sounds like the next place to host a UConn Alumni gamewatch. Since it's so close to O'Hare, and since there are many flights to O'Hare from Bradley... time to paint the faces blue, start a "Big Red Travel Fund" and get this scheduled:

• Ground floor 10,000-SF Brazilian steakhouse, Fogo de Chao, and a 3,500-SF interactive museum

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So didn't the Dood just make himself obsolete. If no one is leaving the Big 12, does he exist to just tell us about his fantasies on who the Big 12 might add from the AAC and BYU?

Reaction Score
So didn't the Dood just make himself obsolete. If no one is leaving the Big 12, does he exist to just tell us about his fantasies on who the Big 12 might add from the AAC and BYU?

Dude or Dodds? Applies to both.

Reaction Score
I don't understand this idea that everyone in D4 shares revenues.

Since when?

What?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I don't understand this idea that everyone in D4 shares revenues.

Since when?

What?

It's not clear? The one sport that is dominated by places like AL, MS, LA, GA, TX, OK is going to sign up for an equal distribution of money. :confused:

I really wish people would stop posting tweets by that fool.

CL82

Reaction Score
It's not clear? The one sport that is dominated by places like AL, MS, LA, GA, TX, OK is going to sign up for an equal distribution of money. :confused:

I really wish people would stop posting tweets by that fool.
Understood but that won't happen for the same reason people won't stop watching professional wrestling. Neither one is real but both are mildly entertaining if nothing else is going on.

pj

Reaction Score
There might be an equal distribution of television and playoff money, if weaker programs need to be bought off to get the D4 structure the big boys want. That would still give more revenue to the major brand programs with large stadiums and big donor bases. It would bring more intra-D4 stability as teams would have less motive for conference realignment, and would facilitate a geographic rationalization that cuts travel costs.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It works if you lop off the 60+ schools from the current BCS deal and hold a playoff. The Big 4 would distribute $ evenly to each conference or on a per school basis. The conference would decide how to divide their own share.

Reaction Score
This is all about money and control. The big money stays with the big boys. What's next? Schools like Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Michigan goes after the bottom feeders in their own leagues and ask for their cash flow too?

Reaction Score
This is all about money and control. The big money stays with the big boys. What's next? Schools like Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Michigan goes after the bottom feeders in their own leagues and ask for their cash flow too?

This is much more likely than sharing TV revenue equally.

The only thing is that the big boy schools will have more leverage if they threaten the minnows now. In a 60-70 team division, the minnows can gang up because they have the numbers. But right now, the threat of being shunted aside might be enough for the minnows to go along with any proposal.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

The only thing is that the big boy schools will have more leverage if they threaten the minnows now. In a 60-70 team division, the minnows can gang up because they have the numbers. But right now, the threat of being shunted aside might be enough for the minnows to go along with any proposal.

The big schools dumping the Wakes, Northwesterns, Baylors, BC's and Duke's of the world can only help us.

CL82

Reaction Score

Good point. We would gladly, and appropriately, take any scrap that was offered right now.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It would be a strange time to see Baylor dumped....

Reaction Score

Already on conferences' table.

When a a few programs develop teams that generate most of the media money, most of the BCS Bowl money to split, while a bunch of others do not devote what is necessary to compete at the highest level and build a national brand, there becomes a feeling that some are riding coat tails.

Texas and Oklahoma guys moan that they must pull the rest of their conference, FSU guys moan about UNC, BC, Virginia, Maryland, GT, etc. not carrying weight.

Now the ACC is talking about "weighting" bowl payouts rather than the current even split. This payout would include a weighting of the playoff money...thus rewarding the teams who actually earn the dollars.

Reaction Score

When a a few programs develop teams that generate most of the media money, most of the BCS Bowl money to split, while a bunch of others do not devote what is necessary to compete at the highest level and build a national brand, there becomes a feeling that some are riding coat tails.

Texas and Oklahoma guys moan that they must pull the rest of their conference, FSU guys moan about UNC, BC, Virginia, Maryland, GT, etc. not carrying weight.

Now the ACC is talking about "weighting" bowl payouts rather than the current even split. This payout would include a weighting of the playoff money...thus rewarding the teams who actually earn the dollars.
Thats right out of Notre Dames(and Texas) elitist playbook and why I like the B1G's model of equality of all the teams top to bottom rather than the ACC's proposed model!Greed is killing sports today!It would make the uneven playing field even more uneven.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Thats right out of Notre Dames(and Texas) elitist playbook and why I like the B1G's model of equality of all the teams top to bottom rather than the ACC's proposed model!Greed is killing sports today!It would make the uneven playing field even more uneven.

Here here! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that UCONN gets to the B1G. I think, as a whole, it's a much better fit for us than any other conference.

Reaction Score

The positive effect of a ‘weighted model’ is that it rewards programs that have invested in their sports.

The negative is that it does not account for the cyclical nature of sports in general where 1 team is good for 5 year then horrible for 5 years, just look at Stanford and Oregon today versus Stanford and Oregon 20 years ago, or Auburn, or Louisville, etc. The first time one the ‘major’ programs does not get at least an equal share because they have an off-year, there will be hell to pay.

Reaction Score
Mountaineer Steve@Mountaineer_Ste2h
@theDudeofWV If Luck goes (which is still an if), is that good for the B12? #WVU. I think it is.

@Mountaineer_Ste WVU fans might cry now but in 12 years when Texas insists on WVU coming with them to the ACC or SEC it will pay off.

@ed_trader @Mountaineer_Ste Just expect WVU to be the official Texas Buddy in
everything.

Christopher Lambert@theDudeofWV5h
@KevinHagemeier Swoffie kept the ACC intact and he kept FSU, Clemson, UVA and UNC in the fold.

Kevin Hagemeier@KevinHagemeier5h
@theDudeofWV Delany expanded the B1G in NJ/NY and Mid-Atlantic. Kept PSU and everyone else in the fold. Jack lost Maryland. An ACC founder

@KevinHagemeier I think keeping your conf viable while under attack is the greater win.

Kevin Hagemeier@KevinHagemeier5h
@theDudeofWV That's fair. Maybe Delany will send him a re-gifted bottle of champagne.

@KevinHagemeier If what I hear about the B1G considering offering ND a partial membership is true he may give him more than that.

AJ Tech@tech_aj4h
@theDudeofWV @KevinHagemeier Well that's a new nugget I hadn't heard from you before.

Christopher Lambert@theDudeofWV4h
@tech_aj @KevinHagemeier I was saving it. Decided today was a good day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom