Non-Key Tweets | Page 238 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 5 May 2014
The Big 12 expansion committee is not discussing expansion. It doesn’t even exist anymore.

Joe McMurphy ‏@JoeMcMurphy · 12h12 hours ago
.@theDudeofWV Too bad Lyons just said differently.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 11h11 hours ago
@JoeMcMurphy That just started recently. Sorry you missed it. Yet nothing is happening.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @knightbengal I'm sorry. Big 12 isn't adding anyone. They can't without losing money. Until that changes... nada...

@knightbengal How many times do these rumors pop up? I hate to be the one with the bad news but nothing has changed for the Big 12.

@knightbengal They are more than content to wait to see what ESPN does with the ACCN. Because we all know AAC schools are not going anywhere

@knightbengal So there is absolutely zero incentive for the Big 12 to expand. It adds nothing to the TV contract therefore nothing to $.

@knightbengal I'm hearing absolutely nothing about the Big 12 adding anyone or considering anyone but FSU.

@knightbengal Define sprint. If by 5 years rather than 12 then I say its possible. Heck...I'll give you a 3 year window if they can find

@knightbengal A way to get more content for a B12N.

@knightbengal But that's the only way it happens.

@caingle @knightbengal Personally I would welcome UCF, Cincy, UCONN and ECU into the Big 12. But the economics haven't changed.

@caingle @knightbengal Unless they find a way to do an end-around the LHN and buy back rights then expansion could be feasible.

@caingle @knightbengal But they are not doing that unless they have an agreement on B12N in place and its just in the concept stage.

@knightbengal I hate to say this but what else would he say during fund raisin season?

@caingle @knightbengal Big 12 contact says he is not aware of any statements made by UCF. That the Big 12 will talk about expansion in Oct.

@caingle @knightbengal The school assumed to be discussed is FSU but he wouldn't confirm it was FSU. So unless I can get specifics from him.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Oh he would welcome us! How gracious after shtting on us for years!

What a complete loser. I'd rather UConn end up in the B1G or ACC, but a (small) part of me would love to end up in B12 to :

A) make him admit how full of crap he and his sources are,
B)watch him make excuses that he was really right all along, and
C) take enormous pleasure in beating WVU again.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
UCF’s George O’Leary on Power 5 movement, from an April article:

"I think they (Power 5 leagues) do know about us," O'Leary said this week on our Open Mike radio show. "I think there is going to be changes coming up within the next year or two. I would think we're one of those teams that people in the Power 5 are talking about based on wins and TV market and the national TV games we've done very well in. People recognize that."

"We just have to continue to win," O'Leary added. "And there's no question the Power 5 leagues do look at attendance at the games. That's why it's so important to get people in those seats."

O'Leary says UCF's fans can help gain the attention of Power 5 leagues by packing the stadium every home game no matter who the opponent is.

"It's not who we're playing," O'Leary said, "it's that we're playing."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...y-gators-fsu-miami-power-5-20150409-post.html

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So fitting this with the Civil Conflict, did BD hear that UCF is going to be called up and decided to try hitch his wagon to their rising star? Nah, I'm sticking with he's a tone deaf numbnut.

Reaction Score
I hate the south.

The cost of living is cheaper, the weather is better and the people are nicer.

No idea why people live there.

Not sure I agree the weather is better. It's warmer. But I gotta tell you, as a sweater, I have 0% interest in Southern summers. It's hot enough, thanks. And winter in the north? Why, that's just video game weather!

Reaction Score
Their prize pig football team couldn't even beat us in our worst season ever.
That is a good omen for UCF. Louisville's "prized, Sugar Bowl winning football team" couldn't beat us in what we (at that time) thought was our worst season ever, and only a couple weeks later they were announced in the ACC.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 13h13 hours ago
The Big 12 is not expanding or considering expansion at this time. The Big 12 is NOT expanding.

Scott Poindexter ‏@ScottPoi · 1h1 hour ago
@theDudeofWV so why did your AD say the Big12 has a committee looking at possibly adding two teams?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 49m49 minutes ago
@ScottPoi He misspoke. Or they are talking to FSU again. You choose which one is accurate.

Scott Poindexter ‏@ScottPoi · 50m50 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV I highly doubt he misspoke. He even said he personally is in favor of expanding.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 49m49 minutes ago
@ScottPoi Yes. So am I. But you must understand there is absolutely no need for the Big 12 to expand. No change in economics.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 47m47 minutes ago
@ScottPoi If you are going to take Lyon's statement then you must take it in its entirety. Notice the part about the right fit?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 44m44 minutes ago
@ScottPoi The right fit is the one that doesn't reduce revenues. Currently no school in AAC meets that standard. #HarshTruth

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 44m44 minutes ago
@ScottPoi Again this is temporary. Just hope ACCN happens & the Big 12 starts their own network.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 43m43 minutes ago
@ScottPoi I'm 99% certain the ACCN happens but only 75% certain of a future B12N.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 43m43 minutes ago
@ScottPoi If the ACCN doesn't happen its FSU the Big 12 is going after.

Reaction Score
Neal Surrena ‏@neal_surrena · 16h16 hours ago
"We will be in the Power 5" - George O'Leary pic.twitter.com/9FEzPmtKhz

Garrett Weiss ‏@StrengthOfSpear · 16h16 hours ago
@neal_surrena say what ?

Neal Surrena
‏@neal_surrena @StrengthOfSpear that's what the man said.

Zack ‏@Zack_Shields · 16h16 hours ago
"The loss to UCONN cost us the Fiesta Bowl. You probably didn't know that, now you do." - GOL

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Zack ‏@Zack_Shields · 16h16 hours ago
"The loss to UCONN cost us the Fiesta Bowl. You probably didn't know that, now you do." - GOL
But it gained you a shiny new rivalry trophy, so there's that, ....if you can win the next one.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · a few days ago
Did WVU AD Lyons let the cat out of the bag that the Big 12 was thinking expansion? I think he did. The question is who? I know.. Do you?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · not long after the post above
The Big 12 is not expanding or considering expansion at this time. The Big 12 is NOT expanding.

Exactly!

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · a few days ago
Did WVU AD Lyons let the cat out of the bag that the Big 12 was thinking expansion? I think he did. The question is who? I know.. Do you?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · not long after the post above

Both sides of every issue, that way no matter the result he could back pluck one of his musings and claimed HE told you what was coming. Can't believe I ever followed that mope on twitter.

Exactly!

Reaction Score
Brian Bennett ‏@BennettESPN · Jun 3
It's Big Ten mailbag time. Got questions? Tweet me and I'll answer the best ones in the blog.

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire @BennettESPN Have the Big Ten Tier1/2 TV negotiations with ESPN/FOX and others started yet?

Brian Bennett: Not much information is flowing about the league's TV negotiations this fall, and that's by design. Big Ten officials are mum on the matter and say they won't talk about it publicly. But as Purdue athletic director Morgan Burke told reporters at last month's joint meetings, the upcoming TV deal "has been a non-stop conversation." League officials are clearly content letting Jim Delany work on the deal, and why wouldn't they be? "If I were doing anything and had to negotiate," Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez said, "I'd want Jim Delany negotiating for me."

The Big Ten has some decisions to make, but as the last Power 5 league to go to market and one that's blessed with an incredibly large fan base, the conference is sitting on a gold mine.

Reaction Score
We took a trip to NC two months ago and I just today received a notice from the Maryland Transportation Authority that we owe $2.40 because our vehicle was recorded on a video monitoring system without payment of the toll. Are you kidding me? Is there anything to like about Maryland? Their toll system failed and they spent how much money to collect $2.40? What knuckleheads. Thankful it wasn't a speeding ticket though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I dunno - w/the civil conflict, you gotta think we might now pass on an opportunity to join a P5 conference. I mean how could we replace the tradition of that rivalry in the BIG or ACC?

Reaction Score
I dunno - w/the civil conflict, you gotta think we might now pass on an opportunity to join a P5 conference. I mean how could we replace the tradition of that rivalry in the BIG or ACC?
Civil Conflict. Civil Lawsuit. Civil Conspiracy. Either way.

Reaction Score
We took a trip to NC two months ago and I just today received a notice from the Maryland Transportation Authority that we owe $2.40 because our vehicle was recorded on a video monitoring system without payment of the toll. Are you kidding me? Is there anything to like about Maryland? Their toll system failed and they spent how much money to collect $2.40? What knuckleheads. Thankful it wasn't a speeding ticket though.

They are hoping to prevent a repeat violation by you AND they hope you miss the first letter so they can hit you with an additional fee for not paying on time.

Reaction Score
I had quite a run-in with the Mass toll system. I have an EZ Pass on my car because I'm not a barbarian, and one of the times I went through, it didn't register. I always drive pretty slowly through those, and will get under 10 if it doesn't work right away, so it's not on me. They sent me a ticket for the toll fee plus some ticket, I think it was like $50, which is ludicrous.

I sent them a picture of my EZ Pass, my EZ Pass mounted in my car, and then my EZ Pass in front of my license plate. They dropped the ticket, but they were going to charge me some sort of filing fee. So I appealed AGAIN to say that, no, I'm not paying you because you're stupid. It was fun because there was a comment box on the appeals page, and I wrote some rude-ass stuff in there.

Finally, they send it again with just the price of the toll on it. I go online to pay it, and it says it's going to charge me a $5 convenience fee. MassDOT and I apparently differ quite strongly as to the definition of "convenient."

Reaction Score

Never drive your own car in Phoenix. The speed cameras in the beltway (1010) around Scottsdale are brutal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom