Non-Key Tweets | Page 227 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
I like West VA ,they represented the Big East well.
If we had a few more programs as good as them we wouldn't be in the struggle we're in currently.
They should have gotten into the ACC.
Their a flagship that arguably has a better football pedigree than Louisville.
Certainly better recent success than Pitt or Cuse.
Who can blame them for taking the Big12 life raft from G5 hell .
It was the last train out of Dodge.

Reaction Score
WVU has value enough to move?

The Dood like most fan boys always sets the value of their program way higher than the rest of the general public does.

WVU ended up in the one conference(prior to The ACC taking Louisville)that placed little value on markets but instead almost entirely on the percieced TV value of a school's football program at that exact moment of expansion.

It is foolish to say that WVU is one of 4 schools with options, when you consider that they have been turned down by both The ACC and SEC, while having no shot at The B1G or PAC. If by options he means The AAC, then yeah WVU has "options."

Reaction Score
You might think I am being sarcastic, but I am not. I think that rifle competition is the only national championship that WVU has ever won. They have won several, I believe.

Not much "value" generated by that sport, though.

Their mascot carries a rifle for cripes sakes. They should be embarrassed if they're not winning national championships in the sport.

Reaction Score
WVU was more valuable before. Now they are just another mid level P5 school. No way WVU gets invited anywhere better. They are at their high water mark.

Sadly I agree. They are much like Utah. A smaller population school that dominated in a lesser percieved conference. To their credit, much like The Utes, they won the big bowl games against power conference schools when they were matched up in them. Now that they have settled in to a stronger conference, you see their results evening out.

WVU could dominate The Big East by running a great offensive scheme, and recruiting good athletes from Florida, Md, and PA. Now they are having to match up with Texas Recruiting, while at the same time being far removed from games played in their old recruiting grounds. It is a difficult road for them. They 100% belong in The ACC where they could fill a second tier with VPI, GT, Miami, and Ville, but The ACC was too stupid/stubborn to do the right thing.

Reaction Score
Timing...

CE5VLZxXIAAcpON.jpg

http://www.csurams.com/genrel/051315aaa.html

>>Colorado State will fund the cost of attendance stipends according to a formula set by federal financial aid guidelines, unique to each campus. Set by the CSU Financial Aid Office using those federal guidelines, CSU will provide approximately $2,400 annually for an in-state full scholarship student-athlete and approximately $3,100 for an out-of-state full scholarship student-athlete. That is the figure necessary to close the gap between the full scholarship amount and full cost of attendance at Colorado State. CSU Athletics currently offers the maximum allotment of 214.1 scholarships based on the 16 sports it currently sponsors for intercollegiate athletics.<<

Reaction Score
You might think I am being sarcastic, but I am not. I think that rifle competition is the only national championship that WVU has ever won. They have won several, I believe
Well, that's at least one more than an ex-BE school we'd like to join in a really B1G way. Not the lack of national championships mind you, but nonetheless B1G.

Reaction Score
Sadly I agree. They are much like Utah. A smaller population school that dominated in a lesser percieved conference. To their credit, much like The Utes, they won the big bowl games against power conference schools when they were matched up in them. Now that they have settled in to a stronger conference, you see their results evening out.

WVU could dominate The Big East by running a great offensive scheme, and recruiting good athletes from Florida, Md, and PA. Now they are having to match up with Texas Recruiting, while at the same time being far removed from games played in their old recruiting grounds. It is a difficult road for them. They 100% belong in The ACC where they could fill a second tier with VPI, GT, Miami, and Ville, but The ACC was too stupid/stubborn to do the right thing.
I agree WVA is in a tough spot .
Removed from their number 1 rival ,sitting out on an island
If I were a West Va fan ,I would be cheering for a huge B12 expansion.
Maybe Six Teams, including UConn ,and UCinn,and at least one Fla team, and Maybe even Memphis.
Making that conference National is their best hope long term.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Being in a less than ideal spot is not the same as being in a tough spot.

Must be miserable having Texas, OU, Baylor, Okst playing in your stadium every other year.

UConn is in a tough spot that will only get tougher once the exit fee money dries up.

Reaction Score
Utah will be fine in the PAC-12.

If by fine you mean secure, then yes they will be fine. That said thier days of playing in BCS Caliber games are likely over. Small price to pay for peace of mind.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If by fine you mean secure, then yes they will be fine. That said thier days of playing in BCS Caliber games are likely over. Small price to pay for peace of mind.

No I mean they have a very strong athletic program. 2 very good coaches and might not be in the playoff anytime soon but they were 9-4 last season.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 9m 9 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub By the way. I heard the writer of the KC column you directed to me do an interview this afternoon.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 7m 7 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub He made the point that UT & OU still have the clout & that may never change but no dissension.

@NebGradDubDub He did say KU had tons of bad blood towards Neb. & the two may never play again.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 4m 4 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub Also I spoke with my BTN source today. Made him pinkey swear nothing was up. He reminded me the B12 has a GOR in place.

@NebGradDubDub He said very clearly the only B12 school worth going to court over was Texas & Texas isn't interested. His words.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 3m 3 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub So brother. I done double & triple checked for you. Inquired high & low. All sources gave the same answer.

@NebGradDubDub If the B1G tries expansion it will target the ACC.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 9m 9 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub By the way. I heard the writer of the KC column you directed to me do an interview this afternoon.

@NebGradDubDub He made the point that UT & OU still have the clout & that may never change but no dissension.

@NebGradDubDub He did say KU had tons of bad blood towards Neb. & the two may never play again.

@NebGradDubDub Also I spoke with my BTN source today. Made him pinkey swear nothing was up. He reminded me the B12 has a GOR in place.

@NebGradDubDub He said very clearly the only B12 school worth going to court over was Texas & Texas isn't interested. His words.

@NebGradDubDub So brother. I done double & triple checked for you. Inquired high & low. All sources gave the same answer.

@NebGradDubDub If the B1G tries expansion it will target the ACC.
Because the ACC doesn't have a GOR?

Reaction Score

Because his WVU is screwed if the XII gets raided by the B1G/SEC/PAC since the Mountaineers two logical alternate partners (ACC and SEC) have already rejected them.

Reaction Score

Or they have more teams worth going to court over. Though the idea that the B1G wouldn't be interested in Kansas or Oklahoma over all but a couple of ACC schools is confusing to me.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 2h 2 hours ago
@mkw_14 @NebGradDubDub The ? about the ACC GoR is can a state school assign rights without receiving due compensation?

@mkw_14 @NebGradDubDub They key, I'm told, in the Big 12 GoR is two things. First the schools received a bonus for signing it.

@mkw_14 @NebGradDubDub And the agreement that both the GoR and the forfeit of TV money is not punitive. They all signed it.... every one.

@mkw_14 @NebGradDubDub I'm told the ACC GoR could be successfully challenged if members did not receive due consideration.

@mkw_14 @NebGradDubDub In that case the battle would be over the definition of due consideration which usually is cold hard cash.

@mkw_14 @NebGradDubDub The ironic part of this is it was a B1G source who explained why the Big 12 GoR is so solid and the ACC's ?

@mkw_14 @NebGradDubDub The bottom line its too much of a risk to even consider breaking a GoR. No school would try & no conf would either.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 1h 1 hour ago
@mkw_14 @NebGradDubDub Plus the only P5 conf without a GoR is the SEC. the fear is that once a GoR is challenged the barn door is open.

@mkw_14 @NebGradDubDub I spend 6 months tracking down GoRs and how they might be challenged.

@mkw_14 @NebGradDubDub I believe it was UVA who told the B1G about the lack of due consideration for the ACC GoR. FSU's BoT rumblings also.

@mkw_14 @NebGradDubDub But Swofford apparently was careful not to link the GoR with ACCN. If ACCN were a promise to secure the GoR (cont)

@mkw_14 @NebGradDubDub Then if ESPN rejects ACCN the GoR is invalidated.

@mkw_14 @NebGradDubDub I'm sure since the Big 12 advised the ACC on the GoR.

@mkw_14 @NebGradDubDub Yea... another smart move by Swofford who has consistently outmaneuvered the SEC, B1G and Big 12 to stay intact.

@mkw_14 @NebGradDubDub The other item ensuring no one challenges the GoR is the collision between the ACC-SEC-B12.

@mkw_14 @NebGradDubDub The SEC doesn't want the B1G or B12 in their territory so they convinced the B12 not to expand.

@mkw_14 @NebGradDubDub In tern the ACC - which isn't a threat to the SEC - stays intact and the B12 stays intact.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You wouldn't think an insane person could be defined as being on 'tilt', but here we are.

He's a week away from telling us aliens in a volcano in Waco determine conference realignment and they are partial to Baylor and the Big 12.

Reaction Score

pj

Reaction Score
When your sources are every site on the Internet, it's no surprise that every day brings new opinions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom