Non-Key Tweets | Page 226 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's odd that just a few days after the Floog schooled the Dood on conference networks...

The Big 12 is going to have one. And they are ahead of the curve - it's going to be on Hulu!

Reaction Score
I've had the thought of CSU and UConn to the B1G as possibility. Didn't think anyone else had thought of the possibility but it sounds good to me. I think CO can support two P5 schools and CT really deserves a seat at the table.

I have several questions for you.

When did you first have these thoughts?
Did you believe in them right away, or did you have doubts?
What were some of the doubts you had?
Do you still have those doubts?

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 6h6 hours ago
And now this morning @theDudeofWV talks about behind the scenes talk of a Big 12 "country" conference network.
How? ask him how.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 6h6 hours ago
@geoffmitchell @theDudeofWV Ask Chris for some detail...on how this could possibly work in next 10 years. Just ask him.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 5h5 hours ago
@geoffmitchell @theDudeofWV ..a shallow discussion of this supposedly behind the scenes talk of a B12N. Chris won't give you any detail/info

Geoffrey Mitchell ‏@geoffmitchell · 5h5 hours ago
@flugempire @theDudeofWV I'm not sure what Fox News type spat you want to have with him but he's not the only one to hear it this weekend.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 4h4 hours ago
@geoffmitchell @theDudeofWV Chris didn't hear it this weekend,he has been talking about it for months. He has not answered a single question

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV
@geoffmitchell @flugempire Greg is on permanent ignore...

Reaction Score
I have several questions for you.

When did you first have these thoughts?
Did you believe in them right away, or did you have doubts?
What were some of the doubts you had?
Do you still have those doubts?

Hey, it was just a thought. Thinking of markets that can support P5 programs and institutions unencumbered by a GOR. Obviously, it's a long shot. It would get the B1G into the Denver market though and we've thoroughly discussed the merits of UConn to the B1G from a market perspective.

pj

Reaction Score
Maybe the B1G would value having a third time zone to create live events over a wider spectrum of times.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Colorado State. Hmmm

OK, had a day to marinate over the CSU to Big10 "rumor." Since we are in the world of hypotheticals here, let's run with it for a small moment. Assuming UConn is 15 and CSU is 16, here's a Michigan fan's thoughts.

A fan perspective: Not exciting at all. No name brand recognition, no traditions that I know of, no history with any Big10 school at all. Adding 2 and staying at 2 divisions would push those original Big10 schools even further apart. only 2 crossover games? Either that or go to pods (not sure how that would be better). Giving that up for an Oklahoma, Texas, or even a Tennessee might be worth it. UConn wouldn't be worth it for football, but the basketball would more than make up for it. CSU? Eh, not so much. It would be worse for a Nebraska or Wisconsin. Very few games against Michigan, OSU, and PSU would make for a pretty lousy home schedule. Pods would be even worse: Nebraska would probably be put with Iowa, CSU, and Minnesota. Not a great slate. No, it would not excite me at all. I would rather have Houston for the recruiting territory.

Now, from a CR/money perspective: intriguing. If you are hell bent to expand by the next contract, CSU would be the a good partner with UConn. No GoR to get around, ready to go at a moments notice, and in a pretty good size market. There are many Big10 alumni in the Denver area (they are all over the place) that would make getting the BTN on Denver TV somewhat easy. CSU is a great research school mentioned in the same breath as VT, Georgia, ASU, Oregon St, and UConn as potential AAU members if they add. With The Buffalos being the hot mess athletically as they are right now, CSU has a chance to pull even with and even surpass them as the premier college athletic program in the state.

Who knows? They may be just what the doctor ordered. I just don't see it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If Colorado State is going to get into a major conference, it will be the Big 12.

I'd say they're even more screwed than we are.

Reaction Score
At least someone will have been right...

In the past three years we have seen talk about going to the Big Ten about:

UConn, Virginia, Virginia Tech, FSU, Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Georgia Tech, Vanderbilt, North Carolina, Buffalo, Colorado State, Notre Dame....

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Even the wild imagination of HFD never though of CSU to the B1G
That is at the very least original.

I thought they would be good for the Big XII, which should not look east, but west. But never considered them for the B1G. Thought it more likely the B1G would try to get Colorado from the Pac.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The last time UConn competed with CSU it was for Jeff Hathaway.

Reaction Score
At least someone will have been right...

In the past three years we have seen talk about going to the Big Ten about:

UConn, Virginia, Virginia Tech, FSU, Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Georgia Tech, Vanderbilt, North Carolina, Buffalo, Colorado State, Notre Dame....

Add Texas, Rice, Navy, Boston U, ASU etc etc. It's the nature of message boards. Throw something out there and discuss the possibility of it. No one outside of The Dood is claiming actual knowledge of what is going on behind the scenes.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 4h4 hours ago
@NebGradDubDub Honestly. There are 4 B12 schools who have value enough to move. UT, OU, KU & WVU. None are looking.

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub · 4h4 hours ago
@theDudeofWV none are looking? No one is EVER looking are they? Pretty sure all 4 of those schools would upgrade in a second.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV
@NebGradDubDub Unless we take this convo off of Twitter Im done discussing it. I can't say anymore.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV
@NebGradDubDub I deleted those 2 tweets. If you want to discuss this further email me. Otherwise I can't say anymore publicly.

@theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub I read those 2 tweets before Chris could delete them. So now Chris is saying B12 is talking to some P5 programs

@theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub ...So now instead of no P5 will transfer to another P5 in 20 years...Chris in his 24 hour method has turned 180.

@theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub Now Chris states B12 is secretly talking with some P5 schools to move to the B12...huuummmm....

@theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub But Chris can't state anymore in public. boy oh boy...things are so fluid..180 degree turns every 24 hours

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub · 3h3 hours ago
@flugempire @theDudeofWV I wouldn't doubt FSU or Clemson using the B12 for leverage again. But their end game is not to enter the B12

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 3h3 hours ago
@NebGradDubDub @theDudeofWV Chris's theory is that the Big Ten raids the ACC...and B12 scoops up CLEM/FSU when ACC falls apart.

@NebGradDubDub @theDudeofWV But ACC won't fall apart if B1G takes 2 ACC schools in 2023-25 (ACC GOR is real ...Chris finally agrees with me)

@NebGradDubDub @theDudeofWV FSU is not going to the Big 12..Chris has either predicted this scenario or has declared it happening since 2012

@NebGradDubDub @theDudeofWV There will be no B12N and there are no P5 schools talking secretly to Bowlsby to enter into B12.

Reaction Score
The Dude certainly lives in a dream world! What value does WV bring, t.v. sets???? I didn't think people in WV owned televisions. Oh, and can someone tell me the last time WV actually won a national championship?

Reaction Score
The Dude certainly lives in a dream world! What value does WV bring, t.v. sets???? I didn't think people in WV owned televisions. Oh, and can someone tell me the last time WV actually won a national championship?

You might think I am being sarcastic, but I am not. I think that rifle competition is the only national championship that WVU has ever won. They have won several, I believe.

Not much "value" generated by that sport, though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom