Non-Key Tweets | Page 210 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
So based on the laws of CR where everything must screw over UConn, Missouri-Oklahoma-Kansas-Navy will be added to the B1G, leaving no gaps in the ACC and thus UConn shut out forever.

Reaction Score
So based on the laws of CR where everything must screw over UConn, Missouri-Oklahoma-Kansas-Navy will be added to the B1G, leaving no gaps in the ACC and thus UConn shut out forever.

Navy isn't even on the table. I saw that in the Flug thread the other day and am pretty sure it was someone jerking his chain. (They might be considered for lacrosse or something.) (I thought it was a tweek on the old ND rumor.)

He isn't saying it tonight but the implication is: UConn/Missouri asap, OK/Kansas when available.

Reaction Score
Navy isn't even on the table. I saw that in the Flug thread the other day and am pretty sure it was someone jerking his chain. (They might be considered for lacrosse or something.) (I thought it was a tweek on the old ND rumor.)

He isn't saying it tonight but the implication is: UConn/Missouri asap, OK/Kansas when available.
I hope to God you're right, but I'm an eternal pessimist when it comes to CR.

Reaction Score
I hope to God you're right, but I'm an eternal pessimist when it comes to CR.

Understand completely. Realignment so totally screwed UConn. If any of this true, Herbst should be on the phone to Missouri begging they don't tell Delany to FO--which, I would imagine, they'd be strongly inclined to do.

Reaction Score
I hope that the ACCN would make it possible for UConn to be admitted.

Other than that, major facepalm if this is truly Big Ten's strategy. I told you guys those Midwestern elitist presidents have this hard on for AAU. A school has to have the designation, not "we're working on it." You let your frustrations cloud your judgment on the in and outs of conference politics. The Big Ten is a nice conference but very stodgy and traditional.

I predict that Mizzou will turn it down. They were not happy with how they were treated when they actually applied to the B1G.

Maybe in a few years time the Big 12 could dissolve and then Kansas and Texas be in play.

Reaction Score
It is curious the return game isn't until 2017...JK means nothing.

Only way that game ever happens is if we're both in the B1G. And that's super unlikely as well.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
I hope that the ACCN would make it possible for UConn to be admitted.

Other than that, major facepalm if this is truly Big Ten's strategy. I told you guys those Midwestern elitist presidents have this hard on for AAU. A school has to have the designation, not "we're working on it." You let your frustrations cloud your judgment on the in and outs of conference politics. The Big Ten is a nice conference but very stodgy and traditional.

I predict that Mizzou will turn it down. They were not happy with how they were treated when they actually applied to the B1G.

Maybe in a few years time the Big 12 could dissolve and then Kansas and Texas be in play.

I think you are making way too many inferences that are not there. I'm not saying he is correct (I think he isn't), but let's say he is. He never said that UConn wasn't on the table. He never gave a 16 and has consistently said that UConn was in play. Even earlier in his ramblings yesterday, he said nothing has changed regarding UConn. There are only three schools in the East/Mid Atlantic (besides UConn) that would fit the profile of a Big10 school and help make: UNC, UVA, and VT. Every other school either is an existing market, not a big enough draw or alumni base, or are just too far away. If none of those three are either willing nor capable of jumping ship, then they have to look elsewhere.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
When you read these tweets, it's funny to think that these are two 'regular' people with no connection to the media or the schools in question and for every day the past what, 4 years? They go on the Internet and argue endlessly with people over made up facts.

Or maybe that's just the boneyard. But hey at least it's our school!

Reaction Score
My position has always been that the ACCN will never happen. If in fact it does, that likely benefits UConn. If the ACC stays strong, that could benefit UConn (fewer options for expansion). If the ACC loses a key member that likely benefits UConn (expansion partner or as backfill for the ACC). What's not predictable is the timeframe for change and whether I have the fortitude to sustain a lengthy, heightened level of distraction. . .

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 10h10 hours ago
...Kansas are both truly there for the taking in 7-8 years.
In a wicked twist.."Marylands Bridge" has been replaced by "Missouri Bridge"...

Texas Roundball ‏@TexasRoundball · 10h10 hours ago
@flugempire I've told you that for months lol

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire
@TexasRoundball I have very good reasons to believe you are correct.
I have very good reasons to know B1G expansion through Virginia is dead

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 10h 10 hours ago
Tomorrow I will discuss in very vague terms about how a reporter is sitting on this " Missouri is Big Ten Target" story.

We have no idea if MIzzou is interested...will be interested.. Many valid reasons to discuss on both sides of ledger. But we have no idea.

But there is a national reporter who anticipated the targeting of MIzzou by the Big Ten at this time. Discussion tomorrow..it's interesting

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 10h10 hours ago
...Kansas are both truly there for the taking in 7-8 years.
In a wicked twist.."Marylands Bridge" has been replaced by "Missouri Bridge"...

Texas Roundball ‏@TexasRoundball · 10h10 hours ago
@flugempire I've told you that for months lol

Well, part of this makes sense, the P5 cannot be reduced to the P3 as it simply won't work and some big name school will be left outside making it a legal risk. So, The B1G can't cannibalize both the ACC and XII. One of those two has to survive. For the ACC. that's likely UNC and UVA. For the XII, its Texas and Oklahoma. the XII has TX and that's it. the ACC has the Carolinas plus pieces of FL and the Northeast. It's in a better sport marketwise. The part I disagree about is only Kansas and Oklahoma will be available in 5 or so years and not Texas? As much as Texas's ego may say otherwise, the XII is done without Texas AND Oklahoma. If Kansas and Oklahoma bolt to the B1G, which I think is possible, then Texas will be in play between the B1G (who would go to 20 to get Texas), SEC, and PAC. Texas to the ACC, even with a sweet deal, makes no sense. Missouri, of course, would be a natural bridge for the B1G to that area. The question is then who replaces Missouri in the SEC? Louisville makes the most sense for me, if they can get out of whatever ACC obligation that they have. The ACC would then likely try to fill Louisville with Cincinnati or UConn (yeah right) or West Virginia if they can be stolen from the XII. If West Virginia goes, could really start moving things around.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · Apr 16
Next Monday I'll have a chat or something for UCONN fans... we'll talk about facts & where UCONN stands. I'll back it up with data.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 19h 19 hours ago
On Monday we’ll talk B1G and expansion including info from a convo yesterday with B1G source.

As part of that discussion we’ll talk TV, TV money, markets, ad rates & carriage fees.

Hint: most ads are sold in packages based on market data & ratings.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 18h18 hours ago
@theDudeofWV Hint: a 4.4 rating in Philly for a RUT/PSU FB game on BTN is more lucrative for Big Ten schools then if the 4.4 on ESPN..why?

@theDudeofWV Because Big Ten owns 49% of BTN. Same logic for a .02 in Maryland for a Lacrosse game then on ESPNU..ect...ect..ect

@theDudeofWV For as great PSU is...and for how great RUT is at getting carriage...Neither ring the BB bell in NYC.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 15m 15 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub We have reasons to believe you were correct. East expansion is dead (2 exceptions) But real optimism w KU/OU years from now

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 13m 13 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub But East is dead. ESPN has made it too big to fail....no more looting from Delany on ACC. 180 degrees from what I said inpast

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 11m 11 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub no info on level of Mizzou interest...if any all. But was told OU/KU will be available in future. B12 can't build wall.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 9m 9 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub ESPN has built wall for Texas and now building with ACC/ACCN. Told this is perception of B1G..no expansion unless Mizzou...

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 8m 8 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub ...and/or OU/KU years from now. Carriage # always important...but OU/KUbrand will increase TV ad buys on BTN...becoming...

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 6m 6 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub ..more relevant REV Stream on BTN business model. Subs/carriage always important. But new world + 49% ownership =...

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 4m 4 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub ..= wanting big brands. KU/OU too valuable for Conf Net model...especially with East additions...perception is they will..

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 3m 3 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub ...be taken. No walls can be built to keep Delany out of KU/OU..competitor is Scott for OU/KU not ESPN.

Reaction Score
He has a perfect track record. 0.0%
His is a tired shtick. He will tweet out uconn has the best"metrics"in one breath and in the next it's"uconn is not in the mix. That way if uconn is picked he will pull up his old tweet and proclaim "remember who told you uconn had the best metrics? "

Buffonerry.

Reaction Score
B1G plus Mizzou and UCONN - I assume we are talking 4 pods of 4? With ability to go to 20 via 4 pods of 5?

pj

Reaction Score
If Missouri and UConn go to the B1G, the SEC's move would be interesting. Cincinnati? Or do a deal with the B12, take West Virginia off their hands and let the B12 take BYU football only to stay at 10? Or maybe ESPN brokers a deal in which a North Carolina school, presumably NC State, moves to the SEC to relieve the ACC of its 4 schools in one state problem and get the SEC into North Carolina; then the ACC backfills with Cincy.

If what they're saying is true, then if Missouri decides to stay SEC, and you've got to believe the SEC wants them to stay, then UConn has no partner. KU and OU presumably come in a pair so UConn still has no partner.

Guess we have to persuade Missouri how great the B1G is ... or persuade ESPN that they need to get us into one of their top properties ... or persuade the B1G that they can play with 15 (and 17 when OU/KU join).

Reaction Score
Hey, are NebGradDubDubHey and TexasRoundball new arse hats? Never seen these yahoos cited previously by the WV and other arse hats!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Missouri, of course, would be a natural bridge for the B1G to that area. The question is then who replaces Missouri in the SEC? Louisville makes the most sense for me, if they can get out of whatever ACC obligation that they have.
As long as Kentucky's in the SEC, NFW will Louisville ever be invited to join. That's not a suggestion Louisville's not as scummy as Kentucky or 95%+ of the SEC, just reality.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom